Inheritance Tax- Holy Schnikes!

@jj you just made a boatload of wild ass assumptions without even realizing. For starters you assume that past production = future production. 2 that all money "earned" was done so productively. 3 that there's no inflation.

Oh, hey, I remember this conversation. Let me know when you want to borrow a hammer again...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jj you just made a boatload of wild ass assumptions without even realizing. For starters you assume that past production = future production. 2 that all money "earned" was done so productively. 3 that there's no inflation.

Just out of curiosity, where do you think "trust fund babies" get their trust funds from?

Edited by LABillzFan

Just out of curiosity, where do you think "trust fund babies" get their trust funds from?

More and more, I'm becoming convinced that the average American's understanding of how the world works goes no farther than "magic elves."

More and more, I'm becoming convinced that the average American's understanding of how the world works goes no farther than "magic elves."

I remember when they used to proclaim how the internet would make everyone more informed when I was in high school :lol:

Except #2 doesn't have to hunt 16 hours a day to feed the 2 of them. He hunts 8 hours a day to feed himself. The other guy's dad died years ago and gave him a liftime supply of food. You don't even understand your own arguments.

No according to his argument when the dad died, all the food goes to everyone in the whole pack.

I remember when they used to proclaim how the internet would make everyone more informed when I was in high school :lol:

They are more informed. Too bad the info is mostly crap.

How much inflation did your two sentence caveman analogy assume?

How much inflation did your two sentence caveman analogy assume?

As the cavemen hunt the megafauna to extinction, the prey gets smaller, so for the same caloric input the caveman has to pay more. (Pay with labor, of course.)

Edited by DC Tom

Yo doood. Think of an example of 2 cavemen living together in same cave:

1. Both caveman hunt for 8 hours a day and feed themselves

2. One caveman is a lazy f#&% and doesn't hunt. The other doesn't object and must hunt 16 hours a day to feed the 2 of them

I have one simple question.

What in holy !@#$ing hell does this scenario have to do with trust fund babies???

I have one simple question.

What in holy !@#$ing hell does this scenario have to do with trust fund babies???

Don't you see? The lazy caveman is the trust fund baby and the union caveman works twice as hard in order to feed them both. Hell, I'd tell him to take his f'n trust fund and go to the grocery store. That's just me though. The union caveman isn't very bright and wouldn't think of that.

Don't you see? The lazy caveman is the trust fund baby and the union caveman works twice as hard in order to feed them both. Hell, I'd tell him to take his f'n trust fund and go to the grocery store. That's just me though. The union caveman isn't very bright and wouldn't think of that.

It's not that the union caveman isn't bright. He's just too busy taking his 1-hour coffee break to do so.

So we are looking at a 55% tax rate on inheritance/estate on anyting more than 1 Million if nothing is done? I think the current plan exempts up to 5 Million.....

Holy ****, where does the Government get the notion that taking a family members hard earned money that has already been taxed, taxing it again and screwing the heirs is "Fair"??? Why is there any tax on inheritances at all??

Here is a question, I don't know answer. If my family owned a farm worth 10 Millions dollars and my parents died in car crash, to take position of that farm, would I have to oay the 55% on the value of the land?

!

Even dead people need to pay their "fair" share. Suck it up, you neo-conservative facist evil mean racist unicorn-hating bastard. It's the right thing to do.

Even dead people need to pay their "fair" share. Suck it up, you neo-conservative facist evil mean racist unicorn-hating bastard. It's the right thing to do.

even though I hate Unicorns and Freedom.....

Wouldn't uou would be familiar with this growing in France, and being a French Citizen....????

France is Gay

Wizards. Most definatly wizards.

Phase I: Elect Obama

Phase II: :unsure:

Phase III: World peace and prosperity

But the lazy caveman is a trust fund cavebaby. Why does the hard working caveman have to provide for the trust cavebaby? Worst.....analogy.....ever. :wacko: