Adrian Peterson arrested

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, doesnt seem like the type of guy to do something to jeopardize his career especially with what hes going through now

As if this would jeopardize anything?

look....when the cops tell you to place your hands behind your back....you doit

Its that simple

Bingo. The only answer that lets you have a shot at going home without arrest - "yes sir. I'm sorry."

You mean, like asking him TWICE to leave? According to the report, Peterson pushed the police officer first. Where I come from, that is battery on a law enforcement officer (a felony). "Pretty please, Mr Peterson, stop pushing me." In the real world, that doesnt work. Come on...

Where I come from, most cops don't ask nicely, they rudely demand...and they fill out their reports the way they want to in order to keep their butts out of hot water, regardless of the truth...and their buddies in blue back them because they might need the favor returned someday. That's the real world. Unfortunately, the video surveillance won't tell the whole story. Forgive me if I don't automatically believe the report.

Where I come from, most cops don't ask nicely, they rudely demand...and they fill out their reports the way they want to in order to keep their butts out of hot water, regardless of the truth...and their buddies in blue back them because they might need the favor returned someday. That's the real world. Unfortunately, the video surveillance won't tell the whole story. Forgive me if I don't automatically believe the report.

Rudely demand? Who cares. Walk a day in the shoes of a police officer, and see why it is that they "rudely demand". They tell you to do something (such as, bar is closed time to go), you do it. It doesn't matter what tone they take with you.

Its that simple

And you never put your hand on them, even to just poke them. Touching them in anyway will be writing your own ticket.

I'll agree that cops are not very ethical, but in this case, it sounds like this could have been easy to avoid

So let me get this straight, he pushed a cop and is being charged with resisting arrest, and not battery? Not very likely. Especially since 90%+ of the time they charge you with anything remotely applicable in order to have more leverage when bargaining.

Its that simple

^this

The cops aren't f##king with you for giggles. They are just as afraid and distrustful of you as you are of them.

I previously mentioned that my father was a policeman. He gave me some very good advice which has helped in the few encounters that I had with law enforcement (never been pulled over or the reason they were called, but have been around when they were)

Keep your hands visible

Don't make any sudden gestures

Show them your drivers license when they ask

Don't be a smartass

If they tell you to go over there and get out of their way, do it

I love how you generalize what police do and how for no apparent reason AD was arrested. Don't you know he was at the bar at 230 quietly sipping water when these officers, probably high on pcp they stole, came in and jumped the first professional athlete they could find - the black part I assume goes without saying.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess your nothing but charming for them to deal with.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't get involved in these discussions much but blindly following what a police officer says is beyond stupid and is a growing problem in this country and something that will eventually be addressed.

I don't get involved in these discussions much but blindly following what a police officer says is beyond stupid and is a growing problem in this country and something that will eventually be addressed.

There's a difference between not blindly following and willful disobedience

I know alot of folks are afraid to delve into the cesspool of PPP, but I've made the comment there about devolving police from peace keepers into law enforcement

Again i go back to don't hate the player, hate the game

What is the problem with the police giving a lawful order? "The bar is closed, time to go". Law enforcement is the last line of defense from anarchy and chaos. He wasn't asking AP to do something illegal or immoral, was he?

I love this. Peterson gets arrested and he's still a good guy and its the cop's fault. Ochocinco tweets and dances and he's the bad guy.

:wallbash:

To be fair, I haven't seen anyone condemn ocho and defend AD. So your wall bash is pretty well imaginary i think.

I was one of few to be anti-85 and I'm certainly not letting AD off the hook for being dumb.

Edited by NoSaint

I'd like to know a little more about this before I form an opinion. From the article it sounds like the police officers were off duty, working as bouncers. Were they in uniform? Did them identify themselves as police officers when they were in the process of clearing the bar at the end of the night?

I'd like to know a little more about this before I form an opinion. From the article it sounds like the police officers were off duty, working as bouncers. Were they in uniform? Did them identify themselves as police officers when they were in the process of clearing the bar at the end of the night?

Why bring reason and intelligence into the discussion?

It was just fine without you.

Its that simple

:lol: As a relative of some of the sneakiest most opportunistic JERK cops in the state of New York, I can tell you that it is DEFINITELY NOT always that simple. Here's a news flash people. -Cops are human beings too. Just like you and me. They can have bad days. Some can have REALLY bad days. They can suffer from depression, alcoholism, Drug addictions, and mental disorders of every sort.

For the most part, police officers do a tough job that works to the betterment of the community in which they serve. -I'll concede that much.

However, if you think cops never give in to the temptation of abusing their power, you're crazy.

Uniformed Police officers making an arrest can label ANYTHING resisting. It's your word against theirs. If you get manhandled for what a cop calls resisting, there isn't a DA in the country who will take that complaint seriously. If the cop has a record of serious complaints, then MAYBE something gets done, but probably not.

Overall, your advice is sound, but it won't always guarantee fair treatment, or a happy ending. Your best bet is avoiding unnecessary police contact. Especially if you've been drinking alcohol.

Edited by #34fan

We don't really know what happened really, but isn't a stretch to think maybe he was drunk, and not thinking clearly. It's not that much of a stretch for someone like that in an attempt to get some tail, acted out of character. Allot of people have been known to act poorly that are not bad people, when they are drunk, and do something stupid.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_21027459/adrian-peterson-arrested-houston

Club manager Daniel Maher, speaking to TMZ.com, described Peterson as "very drunk" and said Peterson tried to intimidate the bartender into serving one more drink at closing time before an officer intervened. Peterson "looked really scary and I thought he was gonna attack the cops," said Maher, who added that Peterson, once restrained, apologized for his behavior and told cops he usually doesn't drink.