Global Warming

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They learned their lesson on this a few years ago, when, right after ALGORE, inc. made a speech, there were record lows all over the place. :lol: I will always remember that. I was cursing the day I moved to Buffalo, because I was freezing my ass off.

Plus, they didn't realize that while some of them were saying global warming caused higher temps, others were saying it causes lower. :lol:

The global warming issue is done politically. The only concern I have now is Hillary Clinton trying to create a UN EPA...with complete power to control the entire world's economy. Now, the good news is: you need the Senate to approve any such treaty. Clearly, that ain't happening. Right now that's a 100-0 against vote.

However, this administration has shown little regard for the law/constitution on multiple occasions, so, it's quite possible they will try to lock us in to some BS that we can't get out of.

Speaking of, didn't Al Gore say there was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom by now?

I just watched Gore's documentary and I thought it raised some good points. It was a little formulaic for my taste, but The Day After Tomorrow was done pretty tastefully in my opinion. Not like that god awful summer blockbuster An Inconvenient Truth.

Well at least the administration has a plan..........................................lol

Obama campaign fundraising off heat wave?

President Obama’s campaign has issued increasingly urgent fundraising pleas, and the latest appears to capitalize on the record heat sweeping through the mid-Atlantic and Midwest.

“Keep cool while you’re canvassing this summer,” the Obama campaign tweeted Saturday evening. The message contained a link to a $30 Obama tank top. “Our Vote Obama Tank Top is a stylish and fun way to show your support,” the campaign says.

The campaign was pushing the tank tops as record heat combined with a loss of power following storms to create a humanitarian emergency in several states.

Washington Examiner

Kinda like Fox News scoffs at global warming every time there's a snow storm or cold spell in the midwest? They certainly are quiet when it gets hot, though.......

Or when ALGORE made a speech and then we had record lows?

Look: climate is not weather. Anybody using weather in such a way is ridiculous. But....as I turned on Fox just now, it's interesting that Fox is in fact taking about record highs....right now. :P:

Actually Rush Limbaugh has taken a scientific approach. (Look, I don't care about Limbaugh, just using him to make the point). Rush took Gore's predictions, and time frame, and is running a count down clock on those predictions. (Yeah, the count down clock was Rush's thing when Olberman was still on ESPN.)

Say what you want, but at least this is an attempt at a scientific approach: take the expected result, and conduct an experiment to see if it holds. :lol: It's hysterical, because on that day in 2016, no matter what, somebody is going to look like a giant idiot.

Or when ALGORE made a speech and then we had record lows?

Look: climate is not weather. Anybody using weather in such a way is ridiculous. But....as I turned on Fox just now, it's interesting that Fox is in fact taking about record highs....right now. :P:

Actually Rush Limbaugh has taken a scientific approach. (Look, I don't care about Limbaugh, just using him to make the point). Rush took Gore's predictions, and time frame, and is running a count down clock on those predictions. (Yeah, the count down clock was Rush's thing when Olberman was still on ESPN.)

Say what you want, but at least this is an attempt at a scientific approach: take the expected result, and conduct an experiment to see if it holds. :lol: It's hysterical, because on that day in 2016, no matter what, somebody is going to look like a giant idiot.

Sure, if we get past 12-21-2012.

here comes the Liberal media! "Just step outside"

Just because its getting warmer doesn't mean its Global Man made warming, this silliness has to stop

I don't care to much about CO2 levels because that horse has already left the barn probably about 15 years ago, the positive feedback loops are already in place- I also don't believe they will take any palliative measures like building desalination plants or vertical farming- so my advice to the South and Mid-west is to get your prayer on- we living in Buffalo will be shielded from the most extreme heat although 90s and humid isn't my idea of fun but maybe milder winters will make up for that- oh and I noticed some of the most vehement anti-government types who have cut their fire and police departments are now looking for federal government help, what's the matter can't find a private business for that, may I suggest faith based fire fighting.

There is a difference between climate and weather...

im on the left but i dont really but into global warming...

im not even sure its really getting hotter or if it is, its so miniscule that it doesnt matter...

A way to get an idea of what is going on is to check historic temperatures of the great Lakes and Oceans it's a much better way to track a temperature trend than CNN frying eggs on the sidewalk or fox showing a snow storm.

But ALGORE says there's a consensus!

A consensus!

Anytime somebody declares the debate is over is when you have to start raising questions. If the evidence is so rock solid and everybody and their mother has reached a consensus, why are they unwilling to debate their conclusion?

I don't care to much about CO2 levels because that horse has already left the barn probably about 15 years ago, the positive feedback loops are already in place- I also don't believe they will take any palliative measures like building desalination plants or vertical farming- so my advice to the South and Mid-west is to get your prayer on- we living in Buffalo will be shielded from the most extreme heat although 90s and humid isn't my idea of fun but maybe milder winters will make up for that- oh and I noticed some of the most vehement anti-government types who have cut their fire and police departments are now looking for federal government help, what's the matter can't find a private business for that, may I suggest faith based fire fighting.

A way to get an idea of what is going on is to check historic temperatures of the great Lakes and Oceans it's a much better way to track a temperature trend than CNN frying eggs on the sidewalk or fox showing a snow storm.

First part... No, your wrong and you know it... It is the "progressive" communities that have been cutting fire, rescue and police, as an " I told you so!!!" when the people of the community won't let them confiscate any more of their money, they make those cuts instead of all their pet projects...

CA is the latest example. Facing massive deficits, they have threatened repeatedly, and have done so, cut police and fire service. But "here we go again" as they just voted to spend even more money they don't have on this bullet train to no where... How the heck can you justify this sort of ridiculous spending???

To the next part... I'd be interested to learn, how do you do that? How do you measure the temperature of a waterway in past years? Can you tell me what the average temp of Lake Erie is today, and say, this day in 1776???