Former Buffalo Bill Marcus Stroud retires

Not that I really know what the hell I'm talking about but I remember that I had my biggest meltdown and ranted over this trade. I really wanted us to get DT Shaun Rogers at that time, not that he did anything either though. The same year the Jets got Kris Jenkins and he looked to be the better of the 3 until he got injured. Oh well, thank God we got Dareus now because he is a beast! Go Bills!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was really good for the first 4 games of his Bills career but wasn't even average for the rest and was clearly not suited for DE in a 3-4

Agreed. But I don't blame him for that.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

I wish he retired BEFORE he was a Bill...

Absolutely not. He had a decent first season and then was moved to DE in our stupid conversion to a 3-4.

I'd call Langston Walker our biggest FA bust ever.

Weird, considering he was picked up at the same time as Dockery, who was WAY more expensive and disappointing. Walker was overpriced But I didn't think he played that badly considering how bad the rest of the line was. He was far better than Cornell Green who they replaced him with. I remember wanting them to keep him until they found someone better.

How was TO not listed as a top FA bust? We paid him 6.5 mil for one year in which he did nothing.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Langston and not Dockery? Sad part was they were from the same offseason..

I feel blessed as a fan of this team that we have so many different options to choose from for "biggest FA busts."

Can I get a Joe Panos from any of you out there?

Well, how about a Quinn Early?

:P

Stroud had a great first year, his second year he was so so, his last year he was both out of position and had too much wear and tear on his body. I would call it a disappointing but far from tragic free agency signing. when we made the trade I thought we could have gotten at least two really good years out of him, and maybe a third so so year. Instead we only got one really good season.

With Jacksonville him and Henderson made Jacksonville's D-line one of the most feared and toughest to play against for a 4-5 year period.

Stroud was far from a bust. A likeable guy, not expected to give us much coming off some rough years on his knees. A good fella.

Worst bust ever? Billie Joe Hobert, Langston Walker, Dockery, Quinn Early...

Agreed. Was a good Football Player. I wouldn't say he's allpro/allstar/hall of fame type player, but was a solid player who gave us a couple good seasons.

Stroud had a great first year, his second year he was so so, his last year he was both out of position and had too much wear and tear on his body. I would call it a disappointing but far from tragic free agency signing. when we made the trade I thought we could have gotten at least two really good years out of him, and maybe a third so so year. Instead we only got one really good season.

With Jacksonville him and Henderson made Jacksonville's D-line one of the most feared and toughest to play against for a 4-5 year period.

Yep. they were.

Stroud had his day in the NFL and is retiring tastefully.

Absolutely not. He had a decent first season and then was moved to DE in our stupid conversion to a 3-4.

I'd call Langston Walker our biggest FA bust ever.

Langston Walker was absolutley not our biggest free agency bust....the guy was a very servicable RT and a decent LT right up until they decided to go to the no huddle for some unknown reason.

My choices for biggest free agent busts are

Billy Joe Holbert

That OT we brought in from the Raiders AFTER we brought in Langston Walker

Langston Walker was absolutley not our biggest free agency bust....the guy was a very servicable RT and a decent LT right up until they decided to go to the no huddle for some unknown reason.

My choices for biggest free agent busts are

Billy Joe Holbert

That OT we brought in from the Raiders AFTER we brought in Langston Walker

'

That would be one over the hill Cornell Green. Mr. "I could not block sunlight with my umbrella.

How are Quinn Early and T.O. even in the conversation. Quinn Early gave us good consistent production, & T.O. Led the team in receiving & had to deal w/ Trentative Edwards under center for half the season.

I'm so confused why Quinn Early is brought up so many times in this thread.

Stroud was far from a bust. A likeable guy, not expected to give us much coming off some rough years on his knees. A good fella.

Worst bust ever? Billie Joe Hobert, Langston Walker, Dockery, Quinn Early...

Billy Joe Hobert will always be a top 3 bust in Bills lore. How do you fake knowing a playbook? Problem was the coaching was so inept even they had no clue. He should have been charged with a felony, for stealing Ralph's cash.