The only thing the Bills DONT have from this offseason...

is Trouble!

No stars holding out or unsigned. Instead of having a Forte/Rice/Jones-Drew situation, we got Freddy extended and signed. Instead of having a Mike Wallace situation, we got Stevie signed to a great deal (compared to the FA price of WRs).

No DUIs. No gun charges. No hit and runs. No drugs. No domestic disputes.

This entire offseason has been ALL BUSINESS. Not only from the front office, but from the players as well. While they could have been partying with their millions, we had players taking fans out to dinner (Thanks, Drayton!). Almost 100% attendance for OTAs. Most of the draft picks signed early...

Lets get this season started already!! :thumbsup:

is Trouble!

No stars holding out or unsigned. Instead of having a Forte/Rice/Jones-Drew situation, we got Freddy extended and signed. Instead of having a Mike Wallace situation, we got Stevie signed to a great deal (compared to the FA price of WRs).

This entire offseason has been ALL BUSINESS. Not only from the front office, but from the players as well. While they could have been partying with their millions, we had players taking fans out to dinner (Thanks, Drayton!). Almost 100% attendance for OTAs. Most of the draft picks signed early...

:thumbsup:

is Trouble!

Never say never, but what about that pesky TJ Graham not signed yet?

Good call. I thought of that, which is why I said "most of the draft picks signed". ;)

But it's a 3rd round pick, and he was there for all of the OTAs, and doesnt look like he is holding out. Who knows what is holding that back. Could be an issue on the Bills's side too. If it was Gilmore, and he was holding out, Id be concerned. This is trivial, imo.

Good call. I thought of that, which is why I said "most of the draft picks signed". ;)

But it's a 3rd round pick, and he was there for all of the OTAs, and doesnt look like he is holding out. Who knows what is holding that back. Could be an issue on the Bills's side too. If it was Gilmore, and he was holding out, Id be concerned. This is trivial, imo.

I know, just busting your balls a bit.

To say that that I am excited about this season would be an understatement. OP said it perfectly. You can tell that this team means business and they want to win BAD. I know that none of this alone will translate to wins on the field or a playoff appearance, but it sure can't hurt the chances. If the Bills get a big year from Fitz that doesn't fall off halfway through the season and stay relatively healthy with some depth, I think we will all be in for a nice treat. :w00t:

I don't know, these guys are arguing over what amounts to couch change.

Trying to think of anything else that could be holding it up besides money... :unsure: Any ideas?

Graham had to be expecting to go later than he did, so you'd think he'd be happy with our offer. But who knows what that offer is. And in his defense, he was picked at 88, so he should be paid accordingly. But with the new CBA, this should have all fallen into place a few weeks ago.

It sure is a mystery!

Trying to think of anything else that could be holding it up besides money... :unsure: Any ideas?

Graham had to be expecting to go later than he did, so you'd think he'd be happy with our offer. But who knows what that offer is. And in his defense, he was picked at 88, so he should be paid accordingly. But with the new CBA, this should have all fallen into place a few weeks ago.

It sure is a mystery!

I think it has been discussed previously that the 3rd round is the most difficult to get done under the new rules. Does anyone have a link to the current status of all 3rd round picks?

I love the use of the word "pesky". Along with dustin pedroia and buckeye dent who have been the most pesky players? In NFL I used to think it was Chad Pennington

This was kind of discussed in another thread. Here's a recap as I understand it. Rounds1-2 are paid pretty well yet with the new CBA. Rounds 4-7 not so much. Round 3 is in limbo so a lot of #3's are not signed. As someone else said it really is all about couch change though. Granted a millionaires couch but not a lot of $$$$ here.

Edited by Best Player Available

is Trouble!

If we could have finagled(sp?) a really good LB this offseason this woulda been an alltimegreat offseason.

As it is it was excellent.

If we could have finagled(sp?) a really good LB this offseason this woulda been an alltimegreat offseason.

As it is it was excellent.

what if morrison turns out to be a good fit for us as well as a good mentor for the youngsters? and what if thaey flash some serious potential in spot duty this year? i keep drinkin this stuff and yet the glass is eternally half full!