starting to get more than a little nervous about all the positive atte

weve got everybody and their mother framing the bills offseason as the best in the nfl

jaws is telling everyone over the airways that other teams are "afraid" of what the bills are doing

even hell has frozen over with mel kiper now reversing field and showing love for lowly buffalo

im just now starting to be able to erase from my memory the awful dickball epic collapse. and of course we only have to look back at last season to see this team doesnt handle positive attention well

can we please go back to being just one of the pack. at least until a few real games are under our belt. heck, even then id rather be running under the radar

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weve got everybody and their mother framing the bills offseason as the best in the nfl

jaws is telling everyone over the airways that other teams are "afraid" of what the bills are doing

even hell has frozen over with mel kiper now reversing field and showing love for lowly buffalo

im just now starting to be able to erase from my memory the awful dickball epic collapse. and of course we only have to look back at last season to see this team doesnt handle positive attention well

can we please go back to being just one of the pack. at least until a few real games are under our belt. heck, even then id rather be running under the radar

Ain't that the truth...a little positive attention and BLAM! All of our guys suddenly lost focus and cracked their own ribs, tore their own ACLs, broke their own legs, and just generally stopped caring for their own health and well-being.

Are you kidding me? "I'm a little nervous about positive attention". People B word when we're ignored. People whine when we get a little hype. We made some good moves. Be excited about it and stop being such a damn puss.

After all the crap the last decade or so, why can't some of you guys just enjoy this off-season? I feel bad if all you're doing is waiting for something bad to happen. Hope that's not how you live your life. Enjoy the moment!!

Nope. One thing this team is is mature and focused. Even with Stevies occasional non-sense, he is accountable. The work horses on both lines and an improving, Harvard educated QB. If the Bills stay healthy, they will make a strong push in the AFCE.

No harm in idle speculation. None of it means anything really. It's just people recognizing that the Bills made some positive changes and should be better this year. Proof will be in the pudding, but it doesn't hurt anything to have people believe that the Bills will be better this year.

Not getting hyped hasn't done anything for the Bills in recent years either. It's almost like their performance is due to their level of talent and luck with injuries rather than the amount of media attention they get, but that would be crazy.

I’d rather the players start getting used to all the media attention now so that once we’re half way through the season and are as good as we all hope/expect, it’s still just business as usual for them. Also, as an out of towner, I like the attention we’re getting. I can finally see some news on the Bills without having to go find it myself.

I’d rather the players start getting used to all the media attention now so that once we’re half way through the season and are as good as we all hope/expect, it’s still just business as usual for them. Also, as an out of towner, I like the attention we’re getting. I can finally see some news on the Bills without having to go find it myself.

Yeah, I can imagine the players not being used to the attention.

*Week 15*

"Wait, Coach, you're saying we just got flexed into the Sunday Night spot against the Seahawks?"

"Yes."

"And that blonde chick is going to ask us questions at halftime?"

"Probably"

"Oh crap. I'm so nervous now. I haven't acclimated to all the attention we've gotten yet. Plus, that blondes hot."

"Really, Moorman, really?"

misery loves company has absolutely nothing to do with it. thats not my modus operandi, never has been, never will

its about focus and desperation. sports is chock full of stories of teams that get a lot of attention and then crumble under their own expectations. in fact, this is much more the norm than the exception. its human nature to feel some satisfaction when people are talking you up, and at the highest level of professional sports it only takes a tiny edge to mean the difference between winning and losing. to a young team on the rise like the bills if it isnt put in check it definitely has the potential to set them up for overconfidence and destroying their psyche when things start to go wrong as they always do for every team

i can virtually guarantee you that most of the comments here are from young males who dont know the difference between healthy confidence and delusional self adulation. its no coincidence that the good coaches and mature team leaders who are consistently successful praise the abilities of their opponents and keep the team reminded they have to keep their feet on the ground to maintain every tiny bit of edge they can get. of course they have to have a reasonable level of confidence, but a mature professional understands where that line is and manages to it. quite frankly, i dont see that happening right now with this team. it still early but it has to start soon and be hammered into their heads every chance they get so that every single practice is conducted with an edge of desperation so that they wring every ounce of focus they can at every turn. the last thing they need is to have back slapping sessions based on kipers latest fkg tweets of love

do i even have to mention the recent highly painful examples we are all familiar with? the last three seasons the sabres were touted as cup contenders and twice missed the playoffs entirely. it was only after they ѕhit the bed badly and started sweating buckets that they started winning. ive already mentioned recent bills failures - do you think it was pure coincidence that immediately following stevie johnsons reckless assertion 'why not the bills' prior to the first jets beatdown it started a spiral of scared play and ugly losses? sure, they had a lot of injuries, but they also played scared and defeated most of the time immediately after that first jets pounding. do you really think going into that game with stevie proclaiming they could challenge any team for a superbowl berth didnt have cascading effects when the jets smashed them in the mouth on national tv? negro please

youre sticking your head in the sand if you think all this gushing cant have a negative impact. i want to hear more of the veteran leadership on this team coming out and specifically addressing this. weve heard a smattering of 'we havent dont anything yet', but not nearly enough to counter what has been an increasing tide of ball riding in the media. just as stevie set up horrible psychological factors by proudly beating his chest and proclaiming last seasons bills were just as capable as the jets (a ridiculous assertion considering the massive difference in recent and extensive playoff experience), not actively managing the hype by continually bringing the squad back to the reality that they havent done anything yet could have devastating consequences when the inevitable struggles start to creep in

players like fitz and barnett and wilson and yes now stevie need to be much more vocal about not listening to the hype, keeping their heads down, and concentrating on earning the headlines with wins. history has proven time and again if they dont do that they will unravel once the inevitable adversity hits. once that happens, you almost never recover in time, and more often are on the road to devastating and embarrassing disappointment

you would think i didnt need to tell a buffalo sports fan about that

now that i have sufficiently undressed the preposterous crowing going on in here, how bout we all go for mighty tacos