Tea Party Energy

Without a doubt, despite all the clumsy vetting of some of the candidates they put up in the 2010 elections, it was their energy that led to the historic 2010 mid term landslide. Shortly after the midterms, they had gone silent and as time passed it appeared that they were going to enter into the land of irrelevance.

Recently, that has begun to change, we saw signs of that in some of the primary matchups in utah, Texas and Indiana . Now with this stunningly impressive showing in Wisconsin, it appears that they are back in full force. However there is a caveat, they have to feel inspired. In all the instances where they have shown their strength, there was a perceived conservative cause or candidate and on the surface, mitt Romney doesn't fit the stereotypical tea party hero. However, defeating Obama and supporting tea party candidates in swing states may do the trick for governor Romney .

I was very impressed with their efforts, they reportedly made over a million phone calls for governor walker, knocked on thousands of doors and proved that they are a force to reckon with.

What's most impressive is that they outperformed expectations and that they reinforced the idea that there is a "silent majority" that still exists and my hunch is that come November, if the polls show a dead heat in some of the crucial swing states that they will outperform again.

Exactly! To inspire Americans... You gotta getta them to hate... Right now the GOP is peaking and will be. This very thing brought beloved Barry into office in 2008. Peaking won't swing to the dems until they get engergized by their own hate.

How sad for you.......................whether you believe that BS or you're just repeating it.

There is no Hate involved in the Taxed Enough Already movement,

but, it is repeated and repeated (and repeated) by those who cannot accept that there is another way of thinking than their own.

the participants must be (falsely) demonized as racists, or ignorant, or "lackeys of corporations"...........................anything that will "explain" away the fading power of liberalism.

Any bad example that is seen by a few people out of the millions that are working towards reining in the continuing, expanding reach of the government into the lives of its "free" citizens, is quickly latched upon as "proof" about the TEA party.

again, its too bad for you. One would hope that changewill do you good.

How sad for you.......................whether you believe that BS or you're just repeating it.

There is no Hate involved in the Taxed Enough Already movement,

but, it is repeated and repeated (and repeated) by those who cannot accept that there is another way of thinking than their own.

the participants must be (falsely) demonized as racists, or ignorant, or "lackeys of corporations"...........................anything that will "explain" away the fading power of liberalism.

Any bad example that is seen by a few people out of the millions that are working towards reining in the continuing, expanding reach of the government into the lives of its "free" citizens, is quickly latched upon as "proof" about the TEA party.

again, its too bad for you. One would hope that changewill do you good.

We all want to enjoy modern society and are taxed too much? Where do you think this is gonna lead. The ones squawking are most likely the ones least in need of help.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

All the TEA party needs to do is elect people who go to Congress ready to cooperate and learn to compromise an issue without compromising themselves. Until the rhetoric relaxes...they'll be seen as radicals from the 70% of America that would actually like to see the country move in the right direction. Or even just move. Of course, the 15% extremists on either side will prevent that b/c this is the land of the free...most TEA party people should understand that they've gotten a lot of what they wanted...including marginalizing almost everything the President tries to do.

Edited by TheNewBills

All the TEA party needs to do is elect people who go to Congress ready to cooperate and learn to compromise an issue without compromising themselves. Until the rhetoric relaxes...they'll be seen as radicals from the 70% of America that would actually like to see the country move in the right direction. Or even just move. Of course, the 15% extremists on either side will prevent that b/c this is the land of the free...most TEA party people should understand that they've gotten a lot of what they wanted...including marginalizing almost everything the President tries to do.

I agree... The worst sin you can commit is "to have it my way only!"

Yet there is no compromise with some people because they think they have it hard and their lifestyle has/is taken/ing a hit.

I wish they would worry more about putting people on their level AND beyond by lifting up while tearing the ones that are uber-ahead down.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

We all want to enjoy modern society and are taxed too much? Where do you think this is gonna lead. The ones squawking are most likely the ones least in need of help.

You must be talking about Clinton, right? Because he just came out and said we're being taxed enough already right now and we need to extend the Obama tax cuts.

So you must be talking about Clinton. That's how I'm reading this.

Yet there is no compromise with some people because they think they have it hard and their lifestyle has/is taken/ing a hit.

I wish they would worry more about putting people on their level AND beyond by lifting up while tearing the ones that are uber-ahead down.

I think this is where the disconnect comes in. I don't understand why you have to tear someone down to build someone else up.

The hate part sounds like projection. I see people, most of whom have looked at the evidence and drawn a logical conclusion that generally freer markets create the best standard of living for the most people. You look at the evidence and draw a different, but possibly also logical conclusion (I'd have to hear your theory & reasoning to be sure). But why do these people have to be fueled by hate? Why do they have to be villified? Why can't you simply point out the flaws in their economic theory instead of going after their presumed character & motives?

I think this is where the disconnect comes in. I don't understand why you have to tear someone down to build someone else up.

It's the co-dependent progressive way. Why try to motivate people to earn more when you can just force those who earn more to make less.

When everyone is poor, no one is poor. Sounds fair to a progressive.

Why can't you simply point out the flaws in their economic theory instead of going after their presumed character & motives?

I can't speak for him but I would assume his angst comes from the politics not the economic theory. And not the politics/passion on the street...but the stonewalling in the house and the bolstering the movement gives to imply that the people (as a whole) approve of that.

Edited by TheNewBills

You must be talking about Clinton, right? Because he just came out and said we're being taxed enough already right now and we need to extend the Obama tax cuts.

So you must be talking about Clinton. That's how I'm reading this.

Again and again... Could care less what Clinton says... I never voted for him and I THINK HE IS WRONG.

The hate part sounds like projection. I see people, most of whom have looked at the evidence and drawn a logical conclusion that generally freer markets create the best standard of living for the most people. You look at the evidence and draw a different, but possibly also logical conclusion (I'd have to hear your theory & reasoning to be sure). But why do these people have to be fueled by hate? Why do they have to be villified? Why can't you simply point out the flaws in their economic theory instead of going after their presumed character & motives?

The military does it all the time... We have unified fighting force?

I can't speak for him but I would assume his angst comes from the politics not the economic theory. And not the politics/passion on the street...but the stonewalling in the house and the bolstering the movements gives to imply that the people (as a whole) approve of that.

Which in turn is doing the wrong thing... We are really fracturing as a country...

I can't speak for him but I would assume his angst comes from the politics not the economic theory. And not the politics/passion on the street...but the stonewalling in the house and the bolstering the movement gives to imply that the people (as a whole) approve of that.

I don't think "Stonewalling", at least used as a pejorative, is a fair criticism. When the other side has an aggressive agenda you are opposed to the only way to check that is by standing together; to do otherwise is to roll over. It has an essential functional value purposefully written into the structure of the constitution to prevent too much from happening too fast. And it worked. The other side got plenty of its agenda through but the Republicans holding ground kept it from getting passed through as haphazardly, aggressively, or rapidly as it otherwise would have. If the shoe were on the other foot the Dems would, and should, do the same thing.

Edited by Rob's House

I don't think "Stonewalling", at least used as a pejorative, is a fair criticism. When the other side has an aggressive agenda you are opposed to the only way to check that is by standing together; to do otherwise is to roll over. It has an essential functional value purposefully written into the structure of the constitution to prevent too much from happening too fast. And it worked. The other side got plenty of its agenda through but the Republicans holding ground kept it from getting passed through as haphazardly, aggressively, or rapidly as it otherwise would have. If the shoe were on the other foot the Dems would, and should, do the same thing.

Please spread the word to the angry (not that you are one of them). If anything though...it's been too extreme...more extreme than anything we've had and the overall consequences have broken Washington to all of our detriment including the TEA party themselves.

Edited by TheNewBills

Please spread the word to the angry (not that you are one of them). If anything though...it's been too extreme...more extreme than anything we've had and the overall consequences have broken Washington to all of our detriment including the TEA party themselves.

You mean all the TEA party angry rallies that ended in full riots after the police had to step in and evict them from the public parks across the nation after they shat on police cars, raped women, endangered children, and urinated in public? Those angry people?

You mean all the TEA party angry rallies that ended in full riots after the police had to step in and evict them from the public parks across the nation after they shat on police cars, raped women, endangered children, and urinated in public? Those angry people?

You are right... The Baggers would never do that stuff!

Why?

They got TOO MUCH TO LOSE.

Just the sort of people who need to be taxed MORE, not less.

Just don't go out to a bar or dinner with one off them... You will end up picking up the whole tab and more after these clowns cry poor mouth!

:P

Could it be that they were elected on a soecific mandate? A mandate to keep taxes lower and slash spending. That is what they ran on and that is why they were elected, to do just that and not eventually morph into the typical rrepublican who breaks his promise and spends just like the liberal.

Thy weren't elected on a mandate to compromise in these issues, that's where you and many others get it wrong, you believe that they' should pretend that that what they ran on should be forgotten or that it never existed.

I'm sorry new bills , right or wrong this is what they were elected to do.

I am under the belief that elected officials should carry through with their campaign promises, and they will be judged by their convictions the following elections, and if they don't follow through with those promises then the primary process will hold their feet to the fire.

What s "extreme" is the status quo of the level of spending from both on the federal and state level. What is extreme is not reforming our entitlement programs. People live in their cozy insulated worlds, and live under these extreme conditions, and since we live in it day to day, we believe that it's just normal, and anything to shake up these insane policies is somehow extreme.

It's odd how people who promote fiscal sanity and keeping more of their own money through lower taxes has become extreme, yet spending much more money than we have is somehow acceptable.

Why?

Just don't go out to a bar or dinner with one off them... You will end up picking up the whole tab and more after these clowns cry poor mouth!

Well I speculated in post #3 whether or not this particular BS was a strategy or ignorance,

it is clearly the latter.

There is no apparent understanding of the movement to (at least) slow the expansion of the government here, simply cliches and misconceptions.

Why?

:P

Don't bother with them. They don't want to hear the truth, like when democracy died on tuesday night.

Exactly! To inspire Americans... You gotta getta them to hate... Right now the GOP is peaking and will be. This very thing brought beloved Barry into office in 2008. Peaking won't swing to the dems until they get engergized by their own hate.

Can't argue with that, and it generally works against the incumbant party. There are plenty of Bush Derangement Syndrome nuts still around, but will they be able to inspire the college kiddies, welfare bums and independants like they did in 2008?

Democracy died due to a democratic election?

:blink:

He's mocking the unions. When the recall started, the purple people beaters were yelling "This is what democracy looks like," and when they lost they all cried "Democracy died tonight" becausse, y'know, when unions lose, it has nothing to do with the unions. They're just misunderstood.

Jonah Goldberg

Compromise’ Is Not a Dirty Word :Democrats want Republicans to capitulate, not negotiate.

By Jonah Goldberg

Compromise has always been a holy word for the Washington establishment. But against the backdrop of ever-increasing anxiety over our fiscal dysfunction, most particularly the next budget showdown, the word has taken on a tone of anger, desperation, and even panic.

But in all its usages these days, “compromise” remains a word for bludgeoning Republicans. “Congress isn’t just stalemated, it’s broken, experts say,” proclaims the typical headline, this one in the Miami Herald. And the experts say it’s all the Republicans’ fault.

{snip}

Right now, the two parties are split fundamentally on the issue of direction. The Democrats — not to mention the “experts” and so much of the political press — would have you believe it is a choice between forward and backward. Hence, Obama’s perfectly hackneyed slogan “Forward!” According to this formulation, reasonable compromise amounts to acquiescing to the direction Obama and the Democrats want to go, but demanding concessions on how fast we get there and by what means.

From the conservative perspective, this is madness. It is like saying Republicans must agree to let Obama drive the country off a cliff, but Democrats must be willing to negotiate how fast the car goes. And if a Republican counsels hitting the brakes or pulling a U-turn, he is dubbed “extreme” by the establishment cognoscenti.

Conservatives see it differently. Washington is aflame in debt; the national debt clock reads like a thermostat in an inferno. The annual budget deficit is approaching 10 percent of GDP. Meanwhile, the actual deficit is larger than our entire GDP. Under Obama, the deficit has grown by $5 trillion to more than $15 trillion (and as a headline in USA Today recently reported, “Real federal deficit dwarfs official tally”).

Hence, the Democratic insistence that Republicans enter negotiations about how much more gasoline we should throw on the fire is a non-starter, at least for conservative Republicans. As Senator Jim DeMint (R., S.C.) likes to say, “Republicans and Democrats must start compromising over how much we have to cut, not how much we want to spend.”

None of this has a chance of being settled before the election in November, and even then odds are we’ll be having this argument for years to come.

But you can be sure of one thing. If Republicans take over the White House and the Congress and start cutting, the same voices now championing compromise as a virtue in itself will be applauding the principled idealism of Democrats who refuse to compromise.

Re-read that last sentence and then try to justify the anti-TEA party vitriol that is being regurgitated here.

I just don't like the Tea Party because they are just so wrong on what needs to be done to help the economy. And they have supported some pretty nutty politicians...

Who's right about what needs to be done to fix the economy?

I just don't like the Tea Party because they are just so wrong on what needs to be done to help the economy. And they have supported some pretty nutty politicians...

So, limited government, fiscal responsibility and a strong defense is what you are against?

Tell us in your own words what the Tea Party believes needs to be done to help the economy, and then let us know why those ideas won't work.

Please be specific.

Thank you.

So, limited government, fiscal responsibility and a strong defense is what you are against?

Define "limited" and "fiscal responsibility". Of course people are for those things - they are just words.

Tell us in your own words what the Tea Party believes needs to be done to help the economy, and then let us know why those ideas won't work.

Please be specific.

Thank you.

They want to dramatically cut spending by the federal government which will definitely raise the rate of unemployment in a rough economic climate like now. Our debt is not an immediate problem until politicians start playing games like they did last year.

Could it be that they were elected on a soecific mandate? A mandate to keep taxes lower and slash spending. That is what they ran on and that is why they were elected, to do just that and not eventually morph into the typical rrepublican who breaks his promise and spends just like the liberal.

Thy weren't elected on a mandate to compromise in these issues, that's where you and many others get it wrong, you believe that they' should pretend that that what they ran on should be forgotten or that it never existed.

I'm sorry new bills , right or wrong this is what they were elected to do.

I am under the belief that elected officials should carry through with their campaign promises, and they will be judged by their convictions the following elections, and if they don't follow through with those promises then the primary process will hold their feet to the fire.

What s "extreme" is the status quo of the level of spending from both on the federal and state level. What is extreme is not reforming our entitlement programs. People live in their cozy insulated worlds, and live under these extreme conditions, and since we live in it day to day, we believe that it's just normal, and anything to shake up these insane policies is somehow extreme.

It's odd how people who promote fiscal sanity and keeping more of their own money through lower taxes has become extreme, yet spending much more money than we have is somehow acceptable.

What is extreme is an attempt to basically destroy the government. It's not that there isn't legitimate points within the tea party movement ....but the sentiment the tea party originally had (at least as I see it) and what their elected leaders methods actually DO....is not consistent (once again my opinion). To me the people of the original tea party (which has been obscured over time IMO) were upset about seeing banks doing fine after destroying us all and government jobs still being ok while private sector "normal folk" hit the ****...thus having a strong feeling that we need to reform BOTH our public and private institutions...but the means the leaders use (once again as I see it) is essentially to decimate the government and empower the big private corporations that were equally (if not more so) responsible for creating the problems in the first place (these corporations are the ones that at this point are funding their candidates btw but that isn't something TEA party people like to here). There is no society on earth that succeeds or fixes anything without a functioning government...that is fact.

The sane people that identify strongly with what I feel was the overall tea party sentiment to begin with have a place "at the table" but many of the leaders they unfortunately elected do not...the idea that they were elected "not to cooperate" in government is straight warping of the movement and it SHOULD make TEA party affiliates ANGRY...using people's feeling of disenfranchisement to justify that it's their job to essentially make government dysfunctional as opposed to making government better is what I consider to be straight up fraud on the people of America INCLUDING the very TEA party supporters themselves...and I'm not vilifying the GOP here I'm vilifying what I consider to be extreme members of the house who essentially ignore their oath of office as I see it. If the conservative democrats and the "rhinos" were given control of this country Washington could at least work again...but as long as extreme sentiment persists on either side it will remain broken. And as for comparing the tea party to the occupy movement lets be real...nothing pisses me off more. The TEA party movement is IN GOVERNMENT and basically making the house a barrier to anything. The occupy movement is not legitimate and not in government and I am far more insulted when people assume I associate with them than even some of my Republican friends are when people compare them to the TEA party....which many of them resent more than anything.

I'm not trying to bash the people of the movement but they need to pay attention to what is going on in Washington...they need to pay attention to their own movement being warped....and every American needs to ELECT COMPETENT LEADERS....I know a lot of poeple on this board are TEA party thumpers but there are people in your party who are disgusted at what has happened in government as a result of the leaders it has produced and honestly most of the people I encounter are those people (being from Florida where there is only 1 party). Hell on many issues I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE...as I said in my state there is only 1 party and needless to say I'm a Florida Republican as a result and in Florida it's a !@#$ing shame that we have the likes of idiot Rubio and Scott flying my flag...I would do anything to bring back Gov. Bush at this point...don't know what you have until you realize what it can be I suppose.

Edited by TheNewBills

I'm always amazed at the Left when they criticize the Right for being "Hate Mongers". Then the left uses terms like "teabaggers" to insult and disparage. Amazing!

I am not making it disparaging... They themselves make it that way.

Dude... That is what they called themselves from the start... Then they found out what it means and changed their "trademark" because they were too embarassed to stick to their guns. I can't respect spineless !@#$s like that.

So sorry... Think before you take a name... They were born with it... Now deal with it... Just like the Sears Tower... Who the heck calls it Willis Tower?

Should of thought about disparging yourself before taking a name... Now they want to whine and cry and be taken seriously? Huh... Dumbazzzes... Not my fault they self-disparge themselves!

At least the people who play bean bags... Which is called: Cornhole in the midwest... Stick to their guns, I can respect that... They still very much call the game Cornhole throughout the midwest.

Teabaggers forever... Only them that let it disparage...

At least the people who play bean bags... Which is called: Cornhole in the midwest... Stick to their guns, I can respect that... They still very much call the game Cornhole throughout the midwest.

Here in Florida we call it Cornhole...

Here in Florida we call it Cornhole...

I got it now! Puns intended...

Maybe Mitt and Walker can throw a: 1st Anal Teabagger Cornhole Tourney on the South Law when Mitt gets in... "Bags on a rope" mandatory with that crew... Never know who's gonna get !@#$ed!

God... I missed the Bush years... This place is gonna come alive again... Gonna be priceless to see the conservatives in power again...

Same here with the cornhole thingy...At least one can respect sticking to the name that was given and not flip-flop. The problem with the Teabaggers is they want to be validated and taken seriously and YET they get hung up in a name! Sure, I don't mind making them feel more insecure about what they originally wanted to be called! That is their hangup... And people want them running the show? Getting hung up about a name?... I love it! Call me a troll, but this is TBD, PPP afterall... Who isn't a troll!

You mean how the liberals crammed unpopular legislation through congress 2008-2010 supported by Obama pelosi and Reid at will and refused to even listen to compromise??

You mean how the liberals crammed unpopular legislation through congress 2008-2010 supported by Obama pelosi and Reid at will and refused to even listen to compromise??

:nana:

Tit for tat... Who's gonna be the bigger rat!

They comprimised on health! We all have MA's RomneyCare now!

If it was up to the left... We'd have gonna single-payer and turn the parasites on their heads!

Dude... That is what they called themselves from the start... Then they found out what it means and changed their "trademark" because they were too embarassed to stick to their guns. I can't respect spineless !@#$s like that.

No that is not what we called ourselves, it was put on them by the political and economic genius Janeane Garofalo

So sorry... Think before you take a name... They were born with it... Now deal with it... Just like the Sears Tower... Who the heck calls it Willis Tower?

Should of thought about disparging yourself before taking a name... Now they want to whine and cry and be taken seriously? Huh... Dumbazzzes... Not my fault they self-disparge themselves!

Teabaggers forever... Only them that let it disparage...

You sound like a 12-year old. You should go back inside your toll booth and stay there. You have nothing of import to give.