John Malkovich iPhone 4S Commercials with Siri

ok, i'll bite...what makes john malchovic one of the 'greatest english language actors'? admittedly i can't say if i have ever really seen him much of anything, certainly i know his name, but what was/is his watershed moment(s)

ok, i'll bite...what makes john malchovic one of the 'greatest english language actors'? admittedly i can't say if i have ever really seen him much of anything, certainly i know his name, but what was/is his watershed moment(s)

Dangerous Liasons. He was nominated but the one some Academy Awards.

I almost started a thread about these commercials...I hate them! The Malkovich one, as bbb said, is kind of creepy, and to me, just depressing. And, while I like Zooey (loved her on "Weeds" before I knew who she was), I can't stand that commercial...don't hate it as much as the Malkovich one, for obvious reasons...but I just can't stand them...if you watch the NBA Playoffs, or "Mad Men", you can't avoid them...just awful.

I think that the problem here is that these ads are made for someone more intellectual than you.

Crayonz understands them. Crayonz adores them.

I think that the problem here is that these ads are made for someone more intellectual than you.

Huh? I am the most intellectual person I know! :rolleyes:

I think the NPR article nails it for me... the ads portray a dreary, Serling like future...

On Friday night, I took my gf out for dinner... not a super expensive joint, but not a cheap one either... at the table next to us, there were 3 late-20 somethings...two guys, one girl. They spent nearly the whole time we were sitting next to them (at least half an hour) with each of them holding their iPhones (or whatever the fug they are) in front of their faces...their conversation was minimal...they barely looked at each other the whole time...but they did take a few pictures, to capture, forever, their unbelievably good time. It was just depressing. For some reason, those Malkovich commercials, to me, are sad...

Edited by Buftex

Dangerous Liasons. He was nominated but the one some Academy Awards.

Not sure what that 2nd sentence was supposed to be, but I just wanted to mention here that Uma Thurman was incredibly hot in that movie.

OK...anyone speak English??? :-)

Wow... Touch typing way too fast and posting.

"He was not nominated but that one movie won some Academy Awards."

Yikes... Mostly my fault... But I wonder if the Droid I am using is giving me words I mispell or place. My phone does has the full pull out keyboard. Mobile devices are so sketchy too...

Another bug that is happening... From time to time I get a video showing up in the middle of the full verison board... Today, it was a JAX video somebdoy posted... For the life of me, could not figure out why it pops up in the middle of the page and blocks everything???

Maybe I should get an iPhone... :nana:

Sorry Pooj... And Jay...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois