Any new stadium lease news?

I thought I had read, a lease could be done by training camp. With camp around the corner has there been any new news. I liked the idea of a new stadium downtown, but I don't live in NY so it not my tax dollars at work, maybe thats why I like it. I've been to several stadium, and I think the ralph is just fine.

I thought I had read, a lease could be done by training camp. With camp around the corner has there been any new news. I liked the idea of a new stadium downtown, but I don't live in NY so it not my tax dollars at work, maybe thats why I like it. I've been to several stadium, and I think the ralph is just fine.

Nothing yet.

I liked the idea of a new stadium downtown, but I don't live in NY so it not my tax dollars at work, maybe thats why I like it. I've been to several stadium, and I think the ralph is just fine.

Other than the glitz factor, what's to like about a new stadium? In the Buffalo market the Bills with a new stadium can't really squeeze more revenue from higher ticket prices, and any part of the debt service hitting the team only hurts profitability. Not sure how the TEAM bnefits from a new stadium.

in my opinion i think they are keeping it quiet until it is firmed up, which is good. have all the fiscal responsibilies in place. that way, it is kept out of the public eye and not talk show fodder for all the "not with my tax-dollars " loudmouths. watching what happened in minny, now st louis, just get it done without all the hullabaloo.

in my opinion i think they are keeping it quiet until it is firmed up, which is good. have all the fiscal responsibilies in place. that way, it is kept out of the public eye and not talk show fodder for all the "not with my tax-dollars " loudmouths. watching what happened in minny, now st louis, just get it done without all the hullabaloo.

I heard Mark Poloncarz speak yesterday, and someone in the audience asked about the lease. You are right on; he doesn't want any details leaking. But he did say this: Ralph Wilson is absolutely committed to a lease that will keep the Bills in Buffalo long-term, no matter who the future owner may be. According to Poloncarz, RW is very passionate about that particular point.

Spoken just like someone from out of town. How about you pay my taxes?

The Bills are NOT getting a new stadium downtown (Even if some d-bag radio host on a station no one ever heard of proposes it!)Let's stop discussing it-It is not on the table and it isnt happening

The only way The Bills get a new stadium is if Pegula buys the team for a billion and decides to throw another billion at a new downtown stadium.

Otherwise get used to being in OP for a very long time. The OP stadium is a damn good one.Great bowl and sightlines. The field is fine. The problem is the concourses need to be completely overhauled and they need to enclose the whole thing. Build new restrooms, lounges, bars restaurants and a Bills Hall Of Fame and giftshops. It could be awesome like KC and Green Bay...Why half ass the improvements expected to be around $200 million? Throw some more $ at it and make it REALLY nice like KC just did...You will be set for another 25 years and The Ralph becomes one of the few historic stadiums in the NFL like Lambeau (or Wrigley or Fenway in MLB)...It would give Buffalo a special NFL niche...people love historic venues.

The Bills are NOT getting a new stadium downtown (Even if some d-bag radio host on a station no one ever heard of proposes it!)Let's stop discussing it-It is not on the table and it isnt happening

The only way The Bills get a new stadium is if Pegula buys the team for a billion and decides to throw another billion at a new downtown stadium.

Otherwise get used to being in OP for a very long time. The OP stadium is a damn good one.Great bowl and sightlines. The field is fine. The problem is the concourses need to be completely overhauled and they need to enclose the whole thing. Build new restrooms, lounges, bars restaurants and a Bills Hall Of Fame and giftshops. It could be awesome like KC and Green Bay...Why half ass the improvements expected to be around $200 million? Throw some more $ at it and make it REALLY nice like KC just did...You will be set for another 25 years and The Ralph becomes one of the few historic stadiums in the NFL like Lambeau (or Wrigley or Fenway in MLB)...It would give Buffalo a special NFL niche...people love historic venues.

The lease that the County is discussing is for RWS, and not for some new stadium. Just relax.

The lease that the County is discussing is for RWS, and not for some new stadium. Just relax.

No S#it.

keep reading - people keep chiming about a new downtown stadium. Im the one saying -IT is NEVER going to happen, so it isnt worth posting about-Let's focus on getting a new lease and new improvements in place.

Spoken just like someone from out of town. How about you pay my taxes?

i paid my fair share, for about 35 years till i moved . so, you would rather not have the county, state assist in improving the region's biggest asset?

:thumbsup: extremely well said!

The main thrust of improvements will be making a wider concourse to ring the stadium. That will be great. That may include room for the other things you mentioned. I'd love to see a standing-room club level on the roof above the Rockpile, on either side of the scoreboard, with big bar and TVs.

PTR

• 2 weeks later...

The idea that the Ralph has a long term future as an NFL venue is wishful thinking. Talk all you want about sight lines, it's an old, outdated, tired stadium and one of the worst in the league. At some point in the not too distant future a new stadium will be required to keep the team here. The current lease negotiations may buy some time but there's no way the Ralph has another 25 years, even with a facelift.

The idea that the Ralph has a long term future as an NFL venue is wishful thinking. Talk all you want about sight lines, it's an old, outdated, tired stadium and one of the worst in the league. At some point in the not too distant future a new stadium will be required to keep the team here. The current lease negotiations may buy some time but there's no way the Ralph has another 25 years, even with a facelift.

Thanks for your opinion. Read the whole thread to see what's actually happening. Then get a new opinion.

EDIT: While we're at it, ask some Chicago fans their opinions on their new, state of the art, "New Soldier." They miss the old one. The Ralph needs a major facelift; we don't need a new stadium in WNY. And we won't get one, anyway, and the Bills will stay, also anyway.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Soldier and Lambeau fields say hello.

GO BILLS!!!

EDIT: While we're at it, ask some Chicago fans their opinions on their new, state of the art, "New Soldier." They miss the old one. The Ralph needs a major facelift; we don't need a new stadium in WNY. And we won't get one, anyway, and the Bills will stay, also anyway.

Toss the Boss Hog Bowl in there too. Jerrah loves it because it's bringing him money, but it has no soul. From a fan's perspective, not the place to experience a live NFL game.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz says he expects the lease talks between the Buffalo Bills and the County to be wrapped up very soon.

"They've been positive negotiations in which we feel that both sides have a timetable to get the major terms done, a memorandum of understanding done by Training Camp," said County Executive Poloncarz. "About a month-and-a-half."

The County Executive will talk more about the Bills lease and other Western New York topics with our Investigative Reporter Jim Heaney on Daybreak Sunday morning.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/pro_football/NFL/Bills/article/171427/116/Poloncarz-Bills-Lease-to-be-Wrapped-Up-Soon