Vince Young interview…

I just got done watching the Vince Young interview from the Bills website.

All of us like to think that we can judge character and I'm no different.

When I watch/listen to someone speak, I try to judge many things simultaneously…

Is he sincere or does he seem phony?

Are his comments thoughtful and spontaneous or are they scripted?

Does he have good perspective or not?

Does he have efficiency in speech with good content to word ratio? Can he formulate and articulate thoughts well?

Is there a hint of self-centeredness or narcissism or is the person humble/humbled?

Anyways, here's the link and I'd be very curious to know what you guys think of Young's interview.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Vince-Young-Thursday-Press-Conference/ce0bb01e-cccc-492b-8e59-28677c748ba7

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My impression of VY doesn't translate to the typed word. You have to see and hear it. My friends say it's the best VY impression they've ever seen.

GO BILLS!!!

Link?

Seriously though.

I guess I'll say that I was impressed with how he spoke and the interview in my mind painted a much different picture of the man than some of the previous episodes in his life have.

So, either he's a great con man or maybe something has changed about him.

I'm curious if you guys think that this is the same guy who reportedly was suicidal and who threw his shoulder pads into the stands when denied re-entry into a game or if you think he's evolved as a person.

He knows his role...To compete with Thigpen, or just fart in Thigpens direction and be the #2 QB because thats the talent equivalent of the 2. Unfortunately for him it takes more than talent to be a starting QB in this league, He's shown that he has matured in the since that he's not running his mouth about being the starter or competing for the starting job because in the back of his mind he has to be thinking that if he can sh*t together he can have a real shot. We all love Fitzs' character, leadership and guts but whether we admit it or not Vince is the more talented of the 2, but like I said before it takes more than talent, if Vince can grow as a player and soak up some of what Fitz has mentally and add it to what he has physically he could be something. I have a hard time believing after watching some of the things he did at Texas that he doesn't have the heart and desire to play this game. I

Link?

Seriously though.

I guess I'll say that I was impressed with how he spoke and the interview in my mind painted a much different picture of the man than some of the previous episodes in his life have.

I'm curious if you guys think that this is the same guy who reportedly was suicidal and who threw his shoulder pads into the stands when denied re-entry into a game or if you think he's evolved as a person.

He's always been charismatic when times are good. I'm a huge supporter of the signing, but when the chips fall.... We will see.

He's always been charismatic when times are good. I'm a huge supporter of the signing, but when the chips fall.... We will see.

I don't think I was seeing charisma though.

The strongest thing I sensed from the interview was sobriety of character… like the highs will not be too high anymore and the lows not too low.

Link?

Seriously though.

I won't have a better idea until I see how he handles adversity. So far, so good.

GO BILLS!!!

The strongest thing I sensed from the interview was sobriety of character… like the highs will not be too high anymore and the lows not too low.

You know what I think? I think you're so desperate for the season to start you're over thinking things.

As we all are.

:beer:

Go Bills!

When I watch/listen to someone speak, I try to judge many things simultaneously…

Does he have efficiency in speech with good content to word ratio? Can he formulate and articulate thoughts well?

Is there a hint of self-centeredness or narcissism or is the person humble/humbled?

Anyways, here's the link and I'd be very curious to know what you guys think of Young's interview.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Vince-Young-Thursday-Press-Conference/ce0bb01e-cccc-492b-8e59-28677c748ba7

Jiminny crismiss, San Jose, you pretty much FBI-profiled the guy! :lol: -If we ever met, I'd probably be led away in handcuffs!

For cripe sakes, Is he cleared to board the team plane for away games?!

Edited by #34fan

I guess what I was getting at is that he's engaging, intelligent, and generally knows what to do on your average day. Right now I sense he realizes he's at a bit of a crossroads. It's easy to be that guy right now, but when he starts getting accolades, or gets hit in the mouth- I don't know if that interview will mean a lot. Obviously it was a good sign but I don't know how much stuck to put in until we see him tested.

deflated. humbled, maybe? as a usc fan, i have to say he doesn't seem at all like the guy who ripped them in the rose bowl.

i've always felt there were other things going on with vince. as appealing as the allure of being a professional football player is to must of us, i'm not sure if he's built for it.

Edited by Dirtbag

kind of a bizarre questionnaire by the OP. i can't recall seeing a post quite like this.

he seemed serious and focused in the interview. if he has an ounce of common sense in him he knows this might be his last chance in the league. no, he is not the most articulate man in the world, but that should not suggest insincerity. most athletes are scripted when speaking to the media. it's PR 101. if you speak off the cuff, well, you saw what happened to him last year. not all guys are able to improv an interview and come off as charismatic. it has nothing to do with integrity...

I just watched it as well and you read my mind. What I think I hear because we havent been able to see much yet is a man that has had to swallow a huge slice of humble pie. I think his ego and the immaturity that has given him such a bad rap over the last few years has subsided. Think he realizes after he was hung out there in free agency with no takers for a while that he needs to pluck his head out of his ass. I believe VY has recognized that he has a great situation here with Gailey and Lee here to impart some of their knowledge to him and he seems receptive. Whether he catches on here or goes to another team it seems to me that his head maybe right for the first time in his career.

In my opinion I'm not sure why this type of scrutiny is even warranted OP,the guys been through enough, our GM and HC brought VY in because they see potential.

So why do we need to sit here on a Bills forum for everyone to see and dissect every word he says, how he says it, is he articulate enough to form thoughts, seriously?

Awww come on man...