NFL to play Pro Bowl in Honolulu

Players now only care because there are incentive clauses in contracts for players who make Pro Bowl even if they are 5th substitute; as long as it is held before Superbowl I'll not watch it unless (1) given free ticket and airfare or (2) some other contest which I am interested would need me to watch.

Want to make it interesting again?

Bring back the skills compitition like they used to have.

Most accurate, longest throw, obsticle course...I forget the rest

They even had NFL alum skills. I remember Jim Kelly participating in most accurate throw compitition once

They even had NFL alum skills. I remember Jim Kelly participating in most accurate throw compitition once

Or allow HOF finalists top 10 play. That'd be cool. Seeing a guy like Deion out there returning with Hester.

Seriously. Its actually the best idea. I think they had the "Fastest Man" competition too, which was the Marquee draw.

They can have fastest D-Line, LB, CB and O-Lineman as sub categories.

Also they should consider flag football. I don't think the fans really are demanding a brutal all star game played at a playoff intensity level. They just want to have some fun before the off-season.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The only thing that will motivate these players to actually try in the Pro Bowl is money. How about the winning team gets their flight home paid for, the losing team doesn’t? The Pro Bowl should also be played after the Super Bowl again too. Typically, each team in the Super Bowl has quite a few players voted to the Pro Bowl and they should still get the reward of the trip to Hawaii. Plus, that would get rid of what, 10-15 of the alternates that only get in because a guy who plays their position made it to the SB.

I agree with bringing back the skills competition. How many years in a row did Darrell Green win the fastest man competition back in the day? I doubt they bring back the flag football game though after that Pats* RB…I think his name was Robert Edwards…tore up his knee and basically ended his career, although that was on the beach.

yawn, cancel the game.

nothing they can do to incentivize the game will outweigh the players fear of getting injured in a meaningless game.

most of these guys are making $500,000 to $1 million PER GAME.....making $50-100,000 is chump change. some of these guys are also about to become free agents who will not want to risk injury.

i think an ESPY/ACADEMY AWARDS type show done during the off week just prior to the super bowl, in the same city where the super bowl is being played where all the media in the world is already assembled, makes the most sense to me. then even the players who are in the super bowl game itself can attend and be recognized instead of 4th & 5th alternates getting in.

i think an ESPY/ACADEMY AWARDS type show done during the off week just prior to the super bowl, in the same city where the super bowl is being played where all the media in the world is already assembled, makes the most sense to me. then even the players who are in the super bowl game itself can attend and be recognized instead of 4th & 5th alternates getting in.

This ^^^

Pro Bowl needs to be abolished. Especially with all this concussion and career ending injury talk, why should NFL players risk further injuries for a game that doesn't matter. The Pro Bowl has no more meaning any more and is nothing more than a popularity contest. Moving the exhibition game to Hawaii isn't going to motivate a player to play harder.

After a long season, who the hell wants to fly all the way to Honolulu for a meaningless game? Last time I was at ALOHA Stadium it was falling down from sea air corrosion. The iron work looked like it had been through 3-4 Buffalo Winters! You used to be able to get on a 747 or DC10 to get there, now they want you to go on a 737????? :wallbash:

NFL Europe and the Bills in Toronto have likely been more successful. Play it on the Mainland for a year or two and if it's not successful-forget about it!

personally i could care less about the actual Pro Bowl game, i expect it to be a half assed fun game. Just give me a skills competition! I don't know what moron thought that getting rid of it could improve the whole Pro Bowl experience.

Edited by markgbe