Bills announce opening day of training camp

Per Vtext:

Derek Session.

PTR

Great way to celebrate Mick Jaggers 69th birthdaY! :P

Seriously, I think I might try to make it up for training camp. The schedule makers were not kind to out of town Bills fans, like myself, who can normally only make it up for one game a season...no Thanksgivig or Christmas weekend games. Used to go to training camp when I was a kid, but hadn't been for many, many years...until the first practice of the 2007 season...it was awesome! I had a blast. Got my program autographed by the entire Bills rookie class (minus Marshawn who missed that first practice, as a last minute signing), as well as bunch of vets...Marv was perched up in the stands, looking on...it was really fun. Actually a bit more fun than some of the games I have gone to in the last decade! :lol:

Seriously, I think I might try to make it up for training camp. The schedule makers were not kind to out of town Bills fans, like myself, who can normally only make it up for one game a season...no Thanksgivig or Christmas weekend games. Used to go to training camp when I was a kid, but hadn't been for many, many years...until the first practice of the 2007 season...it was awesome! I had a blast. Got my program autographed by the entire Bills rookie class (minus Marshawn who missed that first practice, as a last minute signing), as well as bunch of vets...Marv was perched up in the stands, looking on...it was really fun. Actually a bit more fun than some of the games I have gone to in the last decade! :lol:

You are in Philly, right? 6 hours by car to RWS. I live 8 hours away and have driven there and back in one day. Lightweight. :P

You could make training camp in 5.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You are in Philly, right? 6 hours by car to RWS. I live 8 hours away and have driven there and back in one day. Lightweight. :P

You could make training camp in 5.

PTR

Nah, I am 1550 miles away, in Austin, TX. I have made the ride a few times by car...never again say my knees, back, and car!

Camp schedule....

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-Announce-Training-Camp-Schedule/e5803af8-3aee-400a-ae7a-588f20a2aed0

BUFFALO BILLS 2012 TRAINING CAMP

Thursday, July 26

3:00 – 5:30 pm

Friday, July 27

Saturday, July 28

Sunday, July 29

*6:30 - 9:00 pm

Tuesday, July 31

Wednesday, August 1

*6:30 – 9:00 pm

Thursday, August 2

Friday, August 3

Saturday, August 4

Monday, August 6

Tuesday, August 7

Saturday, August 11

Sunday, August 12

Monday, August 13

Tuesday, August 14

* - Night Practice – Ticket Required (Ticket information to be announced at a later date)

Interesting that there are no morning sessions, or two-a-days.

I was a little surprised to see training camp has a total of only 15 practices. My perception historically was that TC was a little longer and tougher than that. No big deal, as long as they're ready come opening day.

If only tickets prices league-wide were reduced as much as OTAs, Training Camp, during season practices due to NFLPA. Next they will want to replace games with Madden versions.

Welcome to the new CBA.

What I find interesting is that the last practice is a night session. Usually there's a mad dash for the Thruway but maybe not after practice ends at 9...

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Happy Birthday to me, as well, I love my birthday. I hate getting old.

Camp schedule....

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-Announce-Training-Camp-Schedule/e5803af8-3aee-400a-ae7a-588f20a2aed0

BUFFALO BILLS 2012 TRAINING CAMP

Thursday, July 26

Friday, July 27

Saturday, July 28

Sunday, July 29

*6:30 - 9:00 pm

Tuesday, July 31

Wednesday, August 1

Thursday, August 2

Friday, August 3

Saturday, August 4

Monday, August 6

Tuesday, August 7

Saturday, August 11

Sunday, August 12

Monday, August 13

Tuesday, August 14

* - Night Practice – Ticket Required (Ticket information to be announced at a later date)

Actually Jack, if you look at the page you linked, it says that this is the schedule for the practices that are open to the public...I would be shocked of there were no morning practices or two-a-days. I suspect the morning practices are closed, afternoon practices open to the public.

Actually Jack, if you look at the page you linked, it says that this is the schedule for the practices that are open to the public...I would be shocked of there were no morning practices or two-a-days. I suspect the morning practices are closed, afternoon practices open to the public.

If I remember correctly last year the players were often on the field in the morning for walk thru

Yes I realize that, I just can't remember any year since camp was moved to SJF, that there wasn't a some days with morning/afternoon sessions. Some people would go to the morning sessions to avoid the heat at the afternoon sessions.