Bills Still Looking to Bring in Players??

See article below from the Mighty Quinn. I know many of you don't care much for the Bleacher Report. However, as Quinn points out, even though the Bills have done a fantastic job this off season in improving the team, they still need to look to do more to be able to compete with the pats for the AFC East title.

Here are the five players that Quinn is recommending that the Bills bring in for a look see:

1. WR P. Burress

2. TE V. Schiancoe

3. OLB E. Sims

4. MLB EJ Henderson

5. OC J. Brown.

I have said myself that the Bills still need to address the WR/TE/OLB/LT positions and have recommeded Burress and Schiancoe as well. I wouldn't be opposed to the Bills bringing in all five guys mentioned above to have them compete for a roster spot.

The Giants are said to be interested in signing WR P. Burress to replace the injured H. Nicks.

Adding guys like the one mentioned above will put Buffalo squarely in New England's league.

To give you some idea of how the outside world sees the Bills in relation to the Pats at this point in time, one publication has the Pats ranked #2 overall (Giants are #1) with the Bills ranked #10 overall (based upon the terrific off season that the Bills have had (easily the best in the league). You start adding veteran players in key positions where the Bills need still need help and that gap begins to close very quickly.

5 Players the Bills Should Bring in.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Adding guys like the one mentioned above will put Buffalo squarely in New England's league."

You forgot to mention the fact that they have all-world QB Tom Brady..

But yeah, It wouldn't hurt to bring in another wideout or TE into the mix.

Well I agree there are either some holes or at least leaks in those positions I don't know if I'd want anyone available at this point in time to fill those gaps.

IF you bring in those guys you then have to male room on the roster for them. You dont get to see your young guys in action and see how they perform when the bullits start flying. I'd rather see what Nigel Bradham and Tank Carder can do than being in some old vet for OLB and ILB. I'd much rather see what Smith, Onobun, and Chandler can do than a TE that was good when Daunte Culpepper was big in the league. And I'd much rather see what Jones, Easley, Graham, and Nelson can do with more time, experience, practice and health on thier side.

I don't disagree that we have a need for those spots. I'd just much rather go with the youth and hope you can catch lightning with one of these rooks. At the very least you don't know wgat you have with them but Its possible they ate better than some washed up old guys. None of them lit up the stat sheets last year. If our 2nd WR doesn't produce more than Plax did last year I'd be seriously suprised.

See article below from the Mighty Quinn. I know many of you don't care much for the Bleacher Report. However, as Quinn points out, even though the Bills have done a fantastic job this off season in improving the team, they still need to look to do more to be able to compete with the pats for the AFC East title.

Here are the five players that Quinn is recommending that the Bills bring in for a look see:

1. WR P. Burress

2. TE V. Schiancoe

3. OLB E. Sims

4. MLB EJ Henderson

5. OC J. Brown.

I have said myself that the Bills still need to address the WR/TE/OLB/LT positions and have recommeded Burress and Schiancoe as well. I wouldn't be opposed to the Bills bringing in all five guys mentioned above to have them compete for a roster spot.

The Giants are said to be interested in signing WR P. Burress to replace the injured H. Nicks.

Adding guys like the one mentioned above will put Buffalo squarely in New England's league.

To give you some idea of how the outside world sees the Bills in relation to the Pats at this point in time, one publication has the Pats ranked #2 overall (Giants are #1) with the Bills ranked #10 overall (based upon the terrific off season that the Bills have had (easily the best in the league). You start adding veteran players in key positions where the Bills need still need help and that gap begins to close very quickly.

5 Players the Bills Should Bring in.

:wallbash:

Son, if your idea of 'the outside world' includes any opinions from Bleacher Report - or from young, 19-year-old, aspiring-to-be-something-but-don't-quite-know-what-yet Robby Quinn - you need to stop embarrassing yourself by posting such nonsense on TSW.

Link - Meet your learned author, Robby Quinn

post-2970-069594400 1338298005_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

:wallbash:

Son, if your idea of 'the outside world' includes any opinions from Bleacher Report - or from young, 19-year-old, aspiring-to-be-something-but-don't-quite-know-what-yet Robby Quinn - you need to stop embarrassing yourself by posting such nonsense on TSW.

Link - Meet your learned author, Robby Quinn

it is amusing to google the respected journalists over there, isnt it?

Well I agree there are either some holes or at least leaks in those positions I don't know if I'd want anyone available at this point in time to fill those gaps.

IF you bring in those guys you then have to male room on the roster for them. You dont get to see your young guys in action and see how they perform when the bullits start flying. I'd rather see what Nigel Bradham and Tank Carder can do than being in some old vet for OLB and ILB. I'd much rather see what Smith, Onobun, and Chandler can do than a TE that was good when Daunte Culpepper was big in the league. And I'd much rather see what Jones, Easley, Graham, and Nelson can do with more time, experience, practice and health on thier side.

I don't disagree that we have a need for those spots. I'd just much rather go with the youth and hope you can catch lightning with one of these rooks. At the very least you don't know wgat you have with them but Its possible they ate better than some washed up old guys. None of them lit up the stat sheets last year. If our 2nd WR doesn't produce more than Plax did last year I'd be seriously suprised.

This ^ and what the senator said, BTW whats up with the purple?

Despite the questionable credentials of the writer (I am not going to dignify him with the 'journalist' label), I do think the Bills will be well served by adding a vet WR with a 1-2 year contract. We need one while we know for sure what we have in Easley and TJ. Easley may or may not become a good WR and typical 3rd round WRs do not make a huge impacti in season 1. Hence, the crying need for another WR.

it is amusing to google the respected journalists over there, isnt it?

Very amusing, yes - apparently anyone with 'net access can be a 'journalist' these days!

But no need to google - i wouldn't waste the time for a B/R piece - you just click on the author's name in the original B/R article

(I have a feeling if more folks did that before citing B/R articles, we'd see a whole lot less of them cited here on TSW)

I know this is a typo and I'm not ridiculing by any means, I just think it's funny. With some of the guys on our D/O line I'm sure some of them DID eat more then the washed up old guys. Mike Williams doesn't count, he didn't give himself a chance to get washed up.

Very amusing, yes - apparently anyone with 'net access can be a 'journalist' these days!

But no need to google - i wouldn't waste the time for a B/R piece - you just click on the author's name in the original B/R article

(I have a feeling if more folks did that before citing B/R articles, we'd see a whole lot less of them cited here on TSW)

yea i kind of regretted it once upon a time when i searched a "reporters" name from there and found myself on a 15 year olds facebook page. i dont even head to the "articles" any more. i do encourage people that read them to know what they are getting into though. like you said, after just a few im sure they will get it.