Fairley gets arrested again.

bbb

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right after Auburn won the championship, it seemed like Fairly would be a top three pick. I wanted him after that game. Now, he's been arrested for the 2nd time this offseason:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7977231/nick-fairley-detroit-lions-arrested-dui-charge-report-says

Plus Dareus is a way better player so buddy made the right call.

Right after his bowl game though, if you would have taken a poll, Fairley was the popular pick over Dareus.

Truth.

Also glad Buddy is the one making the big decisions. Fairley seems like the type of guy who will never get his head on straight.

By watching the tape Dareus was clearly the far superior talent of the two.

I don't have time to watch the tape. I have my own job. I let Buddy do his. As San Jose said "Right after his bowl game though, if you would have taken a poll, Fairley was the popular pick over Dareus."

maybe right after the game, but by draft time I feel most wanted Dareus.

No doubt.

But right after Auburn's win, the choice in this forum was Fairley.

In fact, at that moment, it seems to me that Bowers was ahead of, or at least neck-and-neck with Dareus.

I think that people viewed Fairley and Bowers as better pass rushers, therefore more-attractive picks.

I wasn't too impressed watching him in that bowl game. He seemed more of natural talent and ability then he seemed actual ability. If that doesn't make sense think of the guy you played HS football with and he was good just because he was a little bit bigger and stronger then most other guys although he lacked work ethic, agility, and a lot of skill.

Everyone in the world who cares about the NFL knew who the first three were going to be that year. The only question was the order. The Bills picked third so they took whoever was left. I like the pick of course, but don't make it sound like a fantastic decision on the part of Buddy Nix. My kids could have made the Bills first pick that year.

To evaluate Nix's first round picks you need to look at the non-givens. Like Spiller and Gilmore.

My post really shouldn't have said much about Buddy. It's more about what a dope it looks Fairley is. And, the fact that right after the college season, a huge majority of this board, including me, wanted him.

Everyone in the world who cares about the NFL knew who the first three were going to be that year. The only question was the order. The Bills picked third so they took whoever was left. I like the pick of course, but don't make it sound like a fantastic decision on the part of Buddy Nix. My kids could have made the Bills first pick that year.

To evaluate Nix's first round picks you need to look at the non-givens. Like Spiller and Gilmore.

He could have traded up or down....it wasnt a given pick.

Right after Auburn won the championship, it seemed like Fairly would be a top three pick. I wanted him after that game. Now, he's been arrested for the 2nd time this offseason:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7977231/nick-fairley-detroit-lions-arrested-dui-charge-report-says

"I think Buddy made the right call with Dareus over Fairley" . . . you think? :wallbash:

1/2 a brain, 1/2 the player he could have been. Fairley showed flashes last year, but I don't see him as much competition to Dareus. As other posters stated, I expected more out of him w/ the Lions defense. He seems to have found himself doing self-prostate exams with his head this off-season. What is wrong with some of these clowns? So many pro athletes seem to forget who and what they represent. Hope the commish suspends him for 3+ games.