Bills WR David Clowney tweets his HIV results

LOL... that one had me laughing for real. To be honest with you I wouldn't recognize him either. He's not a familiar face in the NFL and the only reason why I kind of know his face now is BECAUSE of twitter and him being a part of the Bills organization... I guess you can take a guy out the ghetto but,.....

At least he proved the myth wrong I guess. Because money sure didn't change him. He still ghetto as hell...

Know what else men should do? Wear protection. Should he tweet that he just had protected sex?

Prostate cancer is big. So is high blood pressure, the No. 1 killer of men I believe.

Should Clowney tweet negative results from his prostate exam, or blood pressure test, or his colon exam?

I might be wrong, maybe I am, but HIV is likely nowhere near the top 30 killers of men.

It's a weird thing to share every intimate detail of your life, IMHO.

I get it, respectably. Just think it's a bit weird that's all.

I just think you guys are over-reacting. If "we dont need to know" about that, then why contribute to a thread talking about the tweet that we didnt need to read?

Who cares about a nobody, backup player's personal life? Or really any player for that matter?

For Clowney being a nobody, it sure seems like DWC follows him closely.

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do know that there's more than one way to contract the HIV virus, right?

Just because he tweets that he doesn't have it, that doesn't mean he's out getting random women pregnant or acting inappropriately. Perhaps he had bloodwork done recently and the lab he went to discovered a blood marker that can sometimes be associated with the virus, so they recommended he get tested on a precautionary basis. It's not uncommon.

Is his tweet unusual? Yeah, but that doesn't mean certain folks on here are justified for painting him as another Antonio Cromartie/Travis Henry type.

You guys do know that there's more than one way to contract the HIV virus, right?

Just because he tweets that he doesn't have it, that doesn't mean he's out getting random women pregnant or acting inappropriately. Perhaps he had bloodwork done recently and the lab he went to discovered a blood marker that can sometimes be associated with the virus, so they recommended he get tested on a precautionary basis. It's not uncommon.

Is his tweet unusual? Yeah, but that doesn't mean certain folks on here are justified for painting him as another Antonio Cromartie/Travis Henry type.

But how else are we supposed to feel better about our own crappy lives, if we cant obsess over and criticize people we dont know???

all males yes but its especially bad for black males. they have campaigns in the hood specifically to encourage males to go to the damn doctor

No need to go to the doctor, just put some Tussin on it!! You run out of Tussin, put some water in the bottle and shake it around.....more Tussin!!

But how else are we supposed to feel better about our own crappy lives, if we cant obsess over and criticize people we dont know???

i came here to praise clowney, not bury him. the simplicity of his tweet belies its deliberate ambiguity and astonishing complexity.

to some it's a sigh of relief after a prolonged period of promiscuity: "i don't have hiv no matter how much i dog!"

to others it's a call to awareness: "get tested regularly, friends!"

and yet to others it displays a confused, almost child-like understanding of sexual disease transmission: "god protected me from hiv!"

regardless, i celebrate the guy. he managed to craft a tweet that allows the reader to see in it what he/she wants. and perhaps how you interpret the message says more about you than about clowney. sometimes we stare into the vastness of twitter only to see our own reflection staring back.

I just think you guys are over-reacting. If "we dont need to know" about that, then why contribute to a thread talking about the tweet that we didnt need to read?

Who cares about a nobody, backup player's personal life? Or really any player for that matter?

For Clowney being a nobody, it sure seems like DWC follows him closely.

You wanna go personally after me huh? Let me tell you something dude... I wasn't the one to call him a nobody, the other member did and I laughed and made a joke and contributed to his comment... Second of all I don't follow him closely. I just follow Bills players and if you had Twitter and followed Clowney you would understand that he's like a child and tweets the same thing 15 times.

Like for instance I feel like saying DrDareustein, you're a nobody imo. One time should get to the point. Do I need to say it 15 times?

Did you actually say "Honey, I don't like this guy's swagger?"

That was actually EXACTLY how I said it. Except that I yelled saying it and I like to call her "son" at the end of all my sentences...

You wanna go personally after me huh? Let me tell you something dude... I wasn't the one to call him a nobody, the other member did and I laughed and made a joke and contributed to his comment... Second of all I don't follow him closely. I just follow Bills players and if you had Twitter and followed Clowney you would understand that he's like a child and tweets the same thing 15 times.

Like for instance I feel like saying DrDareustein, you're a nobody imo. One time should get to the point. Do I need to say it 15 times?

relax bud. i didnt "go after you personally".

just found it interesting that you follow someone who obviously annoys you so much, and will most likely never provide any inside information about the Bills.

correct me if im wrong, but the chances of getting the HIV virus through hetrosexual contact are slim and none. so he is either worried about past drug usage or ..... ?did he get a blood transfusion?

Edited by dwight in philly

Disagree. HIV is a serious problem even though it has faded from the trendy cause spotlight. Need to push more people to get tested.

Every patient who is admitted to a hospital in NYS must be offered HIV testing now. It must be documented that they were offered and that they accepted or refused.

You wanna go personally after me huh? Let me tell you something dude... I wasn't the one to call him a nobody, the other member did and I laughed and made a joke and contributed to his comment...

this is actually very true. dwc contrasted himself with clowney by referring to himself as a nobody. it then logically follows that he considers clowney to be a "somebody."

i was the one who said that clowney is barely a nobody and i stand by it. both defensewinzchampionshipz and drdareustein are both more "somebodies" than clowney in my book simply due to familiarity. i've seen their posts here before and i know they like the bills. when i see dfc's avatar i think, "this guy must really like madden. i wonder how much he plays?" when i see drdareustein's name it makes me think about dr. frankenstein.

compare this with clowney, who i don't think i've ever seen play in my life and haven't even really thought about until today. in this way he's more a nobody than they are. again, that's just my opinion.

regardless, please don't continue arguing with each other. it's very upsetting.

this is actually very true. dwc contrasted himself with clowney by referring to himself as a nobody. it then logically follows that he considers clowney to be a "somebody."

i was the one who said that clowney is barely a nobody and i stand by it. both defensewinzchampionshipz and drdareustein are both more "somebodies" than clowney in my book simply due to familiarity. i've seen their posts here before and i know they like the bills. when i see dfc's avatar i think, "this guy must really like madden. i wonder how much he plays?" when i see drdareustein's name it makes me think about dr. frankenstein.

compare this with clowney, who i don't think i've ever seen play in my life and haven't even really thought about until today. in this way he's more a nobody than they are. again, that's just my opinion.

regardless, please don't continue arguing with each other. it's very upsetting.

I'm actually one of those guys that camps out at midnight the day Madden is released and take a day off work just to set up my playbook and get a good 12 hours of gameplay in. I'm definitely not the best in Madden but my overall record to date is 102 wins and 52 losses

. A couple of those losses came because of internet issues and I conceded defeat cuz it was lagging. Ive also gotten my ass handed to me (most likely by a 12 year old).

I'm waiting for the new Madden to come in August. I can't wait to see the new squad in Madden. I haven't been playing Madden 12 much lately cuz I just beat Max Payne 3 (awesome game btw), I also have been playing NBA 2k12 religiously and call of duty...

Well, certain types of lifestyle would even warrant an HIV test, and I'm not just talking about homosexuality.

Multiple partners, etc, sharing needles, etc. all tend to lend themselves to attractors of greater HIV risk.

What must be questioned, is what type of behavior would cause one to even want an HIV test?

Now that he has "passed" his test, does it change the lifestyle? Probably not.

Sounds like this guy is a problem already, and despite the measurables on the field, the off the field behavior might explain why he hasn't succeeded thus far.

I'm kinda thinking we may have signed a real clown here. :flirt:

Know what else men should do? Wear protection. Should he tweet that he just had protected sex?

Prostate cancer is big. So is high blood pressure, the No. 1 killer of men I believe.

Should Clowney tweet negative results from his prostate exam, or blood pressure test, or his colon exam?

I might be wrong, maybe I am, but HIV is likely nowhere near the top 30 killers of men.

It's a weird thing to share every intimate detail of your life, IMHO.

I get it, respectably. Just think it's a bit weird that's all.

Those ailments aren't contagious. They also typically aren't associated with younger men.

Here in Buffalo, Mike Robitaille is on the TV and radio encouraging prostate exams. There are many other celebrities and former athletes who are candid with all types of screenings as well.

The point is not to share personal details for sharing's sake, but to encourage others to be comfortable discussing these things at all, be it with their loved ones and/or their doctors. I'm not definitively saying that was Clowney's intention in this case, but intentional or not, it serves the same purpose (and is more of a good thing than some sort of reverse invasion of privacy/TMI issue).

correct me if im wrong, but the chances of getting the HIV virus through hetrosexual contact are slim and none. so he is either worried about past drug usage or ..... ?did he get a blood transfusion?

You're wrong.

I stopped sharing my HIV results with my partners. I think the mystery really helps keep the excitement and thrill in my love life. Girls love danger.

lmao :lol:

Well, certain types of lifestyle would even warrant an HIV test, and I'm not just talking about homosexuality.

Multiple partners, etc, sharing needles, etc. all tend to lend themselves to attractors of greater HIV risk.

What must be questioned, is what type of behavior would cause one to even want an HIV test?

Now that he has "passed" his test, does it change the lifestyle? Probably not.

Sounds like this guy is a problem already, and despite the measurables on the field, the off the field behavior might explain why he hasn't succeeded thus far.

I'm kinda thinking we may have signed a real clown here. :flirt:

Frankly even living a pristine lifestyle it's good to get yourself checked.

Why he did this? Probably just joking around but it's not terrible for people to feel like getting tested isn't something to be ashamed of.

Edited by NoSaint