Bills WR David Clowney tweets his HIV results

If Clowney's career as a wide receiver doesn't take off, maybe he can take over Wilford Brimley's job as spokesman for Quaker Oatmeal.

Today's diets are lacking in fiber, which oatmeal has plenty of. It also reduces blood sugar, helps you lose weight, and is packed full of potassium, which many black men don't get enough of.

His tweet: Waz up oatmeallaz. Eatin thiz Quaka oatmeal is str8 up dope, yo. Getz ya potazium. #oatmealmafia

Can't believe I've posted three posts on an eighth-string receiver's negative HIV tweet.

Offseason sucks. :bag:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I've posted three posts on an eighth-string receiver's negative HIV tweet.

this is probably the single best post i've ever read. it perfectly crystallizes the unhealthy obsession most of us have with this team.

I remember back in 2000 when I was finishing up my BSN (to be an RN), we had a lecture on what the instructor called "MSM", which was "men who sleep with men". He wasn't referring to openly homosexual men, however, he was referring to men who are married but will seek out sex with other men on the side. There was an indication back then that this was putting HETEROSEXUAL married women at risk for contracting HIV, and last I checked, this population of hetero females was among the fastest growing segments with the disease. It's very sad. While I can think of probably 5-10 things Id fear more than I would getting HIV, for most of us we can sort of take precautions and increase our levels of protection. But women who are in what they know as monogamous marriages where there is no protection used are like sitting ducks for this virus.