Ancient Aliens

/dev/null

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think all people who believe that aliens visited earth are nuts. But this show is pretty far out there

I do believe there is life on other planets. There are billions of stars in this galaxy and there are billions of galaxies in the universe. The odds are overwhelmingly in favor of it.

Even if there is sentient life on another planet does not guarantee that they have mastered space travel or have the time, resources, or interest necessary to travel to Earth

The universe is pretty freakin' big and there's this little thing called the speed of light. Now you could have really smart aliens build robotic explorers and send them around for millions of years.

PTR

The universe is pretty freakin' big and there's this little thing called the speed of light. Now you could have really smart aliens build robotic explorers and send them around for millions of years.

PTR

Possible. Unlikely but definitely possible.

If the probes have been out for millions of years, any information they receive will be millions of years old by the time it arrives

How would they power these probes for such an extended voyage? Broadcasting over millions of light years would take some juice

If the aliens send out a probe from millions of light years away, will the alien civilization even still exist by the time the data is received?

But then again alien probes aren't what Ancient Aliens is about. It's about aliens visiting Earth and influencing human civilization

If the probes have been out for millions of years, any information they receive will be millions of years old by the time it arrives

How would they power these probes for such an extended voyage? Broadcasting over millions of light years would take some juice

If the aliens send out a probe from millions of light years away, will the alien civilization even still exist by the time the data is received?

But then again alien probes aren't what Ancient Aliens is about. It's about aliens visiting Earth and influencing human civilization

Well any probe sent by an advanced civilization would likely have a level of AI to make it autonomous. It could also transmit data back to its home world as it travels, taking longer and longer to arrive the further it ventures out. Also consider that there are likely millions of planets within a few hundred light years so it's not like data would take forever to arrive. Plus, taking a leap here, perhaps this advanced race uses quantum entanglement to transmit information instantaneously. As for power it could recharge itself using solar energy while in a star system, or perhaps (another leap) this advanced race learned to use so-called "dark energy" as an energy source?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

There is also the possibility that the aliens aren't extraterrestrial but inter-dimensional ...

I’m telling you, the universe is stupid. Nobody believes me, but it's true. It’s just a great big stupid collection of cold dust and hot dust. Soon enough it will be all cold dust. Nobody’s intelligent. Nobody’s travelling to any new worlds. It’s all stupid. That’s why I don’t even want anything to do with it. I just stay home most evenings.

Funny thing is he comes across as most credible of all the ancient alien theorists and then goes and blows it with the increasingly crazy hair

Seriously? To me this guy is the guy they find to say the crazy **** that none of the other crazy guys will say. There are some smart dudes on this show, this guy does not strike me as one of them.

I watched most of episode "Time traveling aliens" till I fell asleep.

Hitler was working on a time machine. Lol

The show is kinda interesting and decent tv if you want to use it as a sleeping tool.

Dumb show. Dumb idea. Money wasted. Oh and I do think you are stupid if you believe in this junk.

I watched most of episode "Time traveling aliens" till I fell asleep.

Hitler was working on a time machine. Lol

The show is kinda interesting and decent tv if you want to use it as a sleeping tool.

Dumb show. Dumb idea. Money wasted. Oh and I do think you are stupid if you believe in this junk.

You're right. Sleeping through one episode out of 41 is definitely enough to reach such definitive judgment about the show.

You're right. Sleeping through one episode out of 41 is definitely enough to reach such definitive judgment about the show.

I'm watching it now. What a laugh. Hitler cooperated with aliens to repair a UFO that crashed in the Black Forest in 1936, that gave them a mercury-based antigravity system.

Hitler. Aliens. Anti-gravity. !@#$ing brilliant. :lol: