Any Great Obscure Movies?

Juror#8

Not obscure but a surprisingly low number of people have seen it: True Romance. My dogs name, Alabama, came from that movie.

One of my favorites of all time.

As mentioned above, if you haven't seen grandmas boy, its hilarious.

I mainly watch documentaries. Pulling John was OK (an arm wrestling doc) but if you like documentaries and haven't seen "King of Kong: a Fistfull of quarters", you're missing out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not obscure but a surprisingly low number of people have seen it: True Romance. My dogs name, Alabama, came from that movie.

One of my favorites of all time.

As mentioned above, if you haven't seen grandmas boy, its hilarious.

I mainly watch documentaries. Pulling John was OK (an arm wrestling doc) but if you like documentaries and haven't seen "King of Kong: a Fistfull of quarters", you're missing out.

+1. King of Kong is an outstanding documentary.

Hard Candy might not be that obscure, but is a total mind f**k.

Edited by Fatty McButterpants

And Then There Were None (great old spooky Agatha Christie)

Eyes Without A Face

Bullets Over Broadway (not obscure, but over-looked Woody Allen classic)

Box Of Moonlight

One of my favorite books (used to read it over and over when I was 13-15). But I have absolutely no idea where to find the movie...any clue?

And Then There Were None (great old spooky Agatha Christie)

Eyes Without A Face

Bullets Over Broadway (not obscure, but over-looked Woody Allen classic)

Box Of Moonlight

Wow, a Box of Moonlight reference! I loved that movie! I think that was the film that turned me into a Sam Rockwell fan...he was great in it. I've always like Turturro, as well. Excellent recommendation!

Stojan: I can't believe how many people haven't seen True Romance either...it's probably my favorite Tarantino film (although I think he only wrote it, not direct it) and one helluva ride. Patricia Arquette is a babe in that flick. Definitely agree about King of Kong, too...one of my favorite docs.

The Great Santini with Robert Duvall (Oh, this is Mrs. Beerball, hacking Beerball's account!)

:devil:

Hey Mrs Beerball!! Congrats on the graduation...I know you and Senor Beer are very proud ;)

And excellent suggestion...I've seen that film and it's one of Duvall's best.

I had never seen "Shattered Glass" until it showed up recently on HBO. It's a true story about a young writer for The New Republic who made up stories as if they were true reporting. I liked it a lot. Buzz Bissinger (Friday Night Lights) wrote the Vanity Fair article the movie is based on.

Hayden Christensen actually does a nice job and Peter Sarsgaard is pretty solid.

I just watched Win Win with Paul Giamatti. Excellent movie. It's a story about a high school wrestling coach with a kind of messed up life. He comes into contact with a kid that has a really messed up life, but has an amazing talent.

I just watched Win Win with Paul Giamatti. Excellent movie. It's a story about a high school wrestling coach with a kind of messed up life. He comes into contact with a kid that has a really messed up life, but has an amazing talent.

That's a good movie. Giamatti is great...check out American Splendor if you haven't.

.check out American Splendor if you haven't.

Saw that in the theater. My introduction to Judah Friedlander. I knew Harvey Pekar mainly from his Letterman appearances. My favorite Paul Giamatti role is still Private Parts.