Bain Capital - GST Steel - Obamas Commercial

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying Obama isn't part of the real world is dumb. Romney hasn't been part of the "real world" since birth.

Being an Obama supporter at this late date after he has thoroughly and unambiguously proven for three and a half years that he's neither qualified nor equipped to fix the economy is dumb.

Just sayin'.

Being an Obama supporter at this late date after he has thoroughly and unambiguously proven for three and a half years that he's neither qualified nor equipped to fix the economy is dumb.

Just sayin'.

If you think so. But, the "real world" argument is something Romney's side can never win.

At best, Obama's relationship with the real world ended at Harvard.

You can say that about almost every politician. Once they get involved, it's over from there.

If you think so. But, the "real world" argument is something Romney's side can never win.

This is true as well.

You can say that about almost every politician. Once they get involved, it's over from there.

I would. I would also say that about most everyone that graduated Harvard Law.

What does reality matter anyway? More people vote for American Idol than in the presidential elections.

Saying Obama isn't part of the real world is dumb.

Romney hasn't been part of the "real world" since birth.

A typically asinine statement.

Its wrong because Mitt was not born into a "millionaires" family

and its wrong because it incorrectly equate "wealth" with not working.

Mitt has worked throughout his life, unlike some.

A typically asinine statement.

Its wrong because Mitt was not born into a "millionaires" family

and its wrong because it incorrectly equate "wealth" with not working.

Mitt has worked throughout his life, unlike some.

He still can't relate to the average American. He just can't. The same could probably be said about the President but not to the same effect.

He still can't relate to the average American. He just can't. The same could probably be said about the President but not to the same effect.

What is this about relating to the average American? Celebrities, actors, musicians, etc do yet corporates don't?

You say that like its an absolute. Do you know MR personally? Thats just plain silly.

And come on, obama sure can relate to the common man. Remember the beer sumit?

Who can't relate to a White-Black man who never had a father in his life, lived in Indonesia and Hawaii, had a transgender nanny and ate dog, went to prep school, attended Harvard Law school, and then became a community organizer, politician, and then president? If I had a dollar for every person like that I've ever met...

This would make sense or even matter if "being able to relate to the averate American" was a critical component to fixing the way the Obama administration has completely FUBAR'ed our economic recovery.

Unless you want to make the case that the REASON Obama has FUBAR'ed our economic recovery is because he is not good at relating to the average American, which would be equally stupid, but at least explain why you think this is an issue.

Edited by LABillzFan

This would make sense or even matter if "being able to relate to the averate American" was a critical component to fixing the way the Obama administration has completely FUBAR'ed our economic recovery.

Unless you want to make the case that the REASON Obama has FUBAR'ed our economic recovery is because he is not good at relating to the average American, which would be equally stupid, but at least explain why you think this is an issue.

No, he relates to the average American: he runs up huge debts and can't accept responsibility for his actions.

What does this mean!? So someone with money is automatically someone who can't relate to the average American??

What does this mean!? So someone with money is automatically someone who can't relate to the average American??

But someone who grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia can relate better.

Edited by 3rdnlng

But someone who grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia can related better.

Well that's kind of stupid too. Any good manager, and I have no doubt that Romney is, can relate to any type of person regardless of where they came from, what their background is, their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income level etc. Romney strikes me as a manager. Obama...not so much.

Okay guys, settle down. Maybe I should rephrase this. People believe Obama is more like them because he didn't come from a wealthy or political background. Polling shows that people like him more and his values match up closest with theirs. ( I know you all hate the likeablitiy thing. Lol)

I am saying all this politically. I'm looking at what a lot of voters vote on...sadly enough. I'm sure most of us here all vote on the economy, energy, etc. - real issues.

As DC Tom pointed out, a lot of getting elected is marketing. Romney has trouble marketing HIMSELF without bringing up Obama.

People believe Obama is more like them because he didn't come from a wealthy or political background. Polling shows that people like him more and his values match up closest with theirs. ( I know you all hate the likeablitiy thing. Lol)

Millions upon millions of people are out of work with absolutely NO prospects. Bills are due. Houses are still being foreclosed on. Companies continue to cut back (HP just cut 26,000 people this week), and you knuckleheads continue to think that the American people will re-elect Obama because he's likable.

Unbelievable.

Millions upon millions of people are out of work with absolutely NO prospects. Bills are due. Houses are still being foreclosed on. Companies continue to cut back (HP just cut 26,000 people this week), and you knuckleheads continue to think that the American people will re-elect Obama because he's likable.

Unbelievable.

Well, the polling says otherwise. Obama is leading nationally still and in a lot of swing states. If Romney loses, it will be because Romney is a very weak candidate.

Just because people are out of work and things aren't great, it doesn't mean people will automatically elect Romney. A lot of people may think that Romney could do no better or even worse than Obama.

Well, the polling says otherwise. Obama is leading nationally still and in a lot of swing states. If Romney loses, it will be because Romney is a very weak candidate.

Just because people are out of work and things aren't great, it doesn't mean people will automatically elect Romney. A lot of people may think that Romney could do no better or even worse than Obama.

You're absolutely right. Look how many times Roosevelt got reelected during the depression. Hell people were stupid even back then.