Bain Capital - GST Steel - Obamas Commercial

I know...but I want my question answered. I keep hearing that only Obama cronies get DoE grants for alternative energy companies. I want to know if that's because of rank favoritism, or simply because the people who own and operate alternative energy companies are more likely to be Greens and vote for Obama.

I want people to stop throwing around that totally useless claim until someone can actually back it up. It ain't cronyism until someone shows me that private equity is distributed significantly differently in that sector.

Well, I'm not going to answer that question, because that wasn't my point. Don't you think it's a bit hilariously hypocritical to on one hand criticize that private equity is a function that serves investors needs through short-term gains at the expense of middle-class workers and on the other hand, go visit a factory, and tout that factories importance to the economy that happened to be primarily funded through private equity? In other words, without private equity he wouldn't of even been there campaigning. :rolleyes:

Edited by Magox

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not going to answer that question, because that wasn't my point. Don't you think it's a bit hilariously hypocritical to on one hand criticize that private equity is a function that serves investors needs through short-term gains at the expense of middle-class workers and on the other hand, go visit a factory, and tout that factories importance to the economy that happened to be primarily funded through private equity? In other words, without private equity he wouldn't of even been there campaigning. :rolleyes:

this is only because of authority, not actual capital.

Krugman

Then square-jawed, tough-minded buyout kings like Mitt Romney and the fictional Gordon Gekko came to the rescue, imposing financial and work discipline. Sure, some people didn't like it, and, sure, they made a lot of money for themselves along the way. But the result was a great economic revival, whose benefits trickled down to everyone.

You can see why Wall Street likes this story. But none of it — except the bit about the Gekkos and the Romneys making lots of money — is true.

For the alleged productivity surge never actually happened. In fact, overall business productivity in America grew faster in the postwar generation, an era in which banks were tightly regulated and private equity barely existed, than it has since our political system decided that greed was good.

Edited by meazza

I like Krugman's model. I'm ready to go. Are you ready to go? Because we are going to bomb Western Europe into the stone age, gang rape Nanjing and the rest of China, reduce India to a colonial backwater, let the Germans loose on the Ruskies, and then level Germany, and take a victory lap all across the developing world, with bombs.

With the rest of the world in rubble and the global economy a thing of the past, we will be only manufacturer left in the game. And since investors have no where else to turn, all we have to do is tighten up on the banks and raise the top tax rate to 70% and let the prosperity begin! Let World War III begin.

its sad when people like you cant handle reality hitting you in the face. you now realize capitalism is a pyramid scheme. its a welfare state for the rich.

its to shocking to your system that the poor this whole time were giving welfare to the rich. :doh:

If you don't like it, make your own !@#$ing hammer.