Bain Capital - GST Steel - Obamas Commercial

Boo hooo I lost my job b/c of Dodd Frank...boohoo I am under the false impression the EPA going to far is somehow a new thing Obama did that hasn't been going on since the 70s...boohooo dey took mah job! I just want to drill like no one can see me, trade like nobody is looking, etc etc....

Edit: And btw I'm just going to put this out there before someone makes some retarded comment and trys to drag me down the rabbit hole defending everything Obama does...I don't really agree w/ all of Obama's energy policy nor do I back every decision the guy makes. I just support him over Romney, b/c that's the choice I have.

You're an idiot.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're an idiot.

Bain is literally God's work. It's George Washington reborn in the form of a private equity firm. It's the stuff that helps every single person in this country. It's the peoples work and does no wrong. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Bain is literally God's work. It's George Washington reborn in the form of a private equity firm. It's the stuff that helps every single person in this country. It's the peoples work and does no wrong. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Boo hooo I lost my job b/c of Dodd Frank...boohoo I am under the false impression the EPA going to far is somehow a new thing Obama did that hasn't been going on since the 70s...boohooo dey took mah job! I just want to drill like no one can see me, trade like nobody is looking, etc etc....

So this is what you've been reduced to?

I understand when there is nothing more substantive to say that it can be tempting to indulge in mindless blather. But this takes the cake. :lol:

So this is what you've been reduced to?

I understand when there is nothing more substantive to say that it can be tempting to indulge in mindless blather. But this takes the cake. :lol:

lol...I've said my piece and you've said yours...I didn't say anything you actually accused me of as being false. My basic point is it's unfair to attack them w/ lies and it's also retarded to worship them as all things jobs/American.

As for being reduced to this? I start here if anything I've risen to this. Just ask 3rdnlng.

Wait...isn't that your argument against Bain?

lol no Tom read the !@#$ing topic...I have no argument against Bain or for Bain. I've said multiple times there's a lot of lying in re:Bain.

Magox basically is Bain and is just an insane and angry person. Probably why he's a Bills fan.

Edited by TheNewBills

lol no Tom read the !@#$ing topic...I have no argument against Bain or for Bain. I've said multiple times there's a lot of lying in re:Bain.

Magox basically is Bain and is just an insane and angry person. Probably why he's a Bills fan.

Sure sure, you keep telling yourself that.

New York Times article

"]¶This is the story of a failed rescue, not vampire capitalism.

"]¶But the larger argument is about private equity itself, and about the changes private equity firms and other financiers have instigated across society. Over the past several decades, these firms have scoured America looking for underperforming companies. Then they acquire them and try to force them to get better.

"]¶As Reihan Salam noted in a fair-minded review of the literature in National Review, in any industry there is an astonishing difference in the productivity levels of leading companies and the lagging companies. Private equity firms like Bain acquire bad companies and often replace management, compel executives to own more stock in their own company and reform company operations.

"]¶Most of the time they succeed. Research from around the world clearly confirms that companies that have been acquired by private equity firms are more productive than comparable firms.

"]¶This process involves a great deal of churn and creative destruction. It does not, on net, lead to fewer jobs. A giant study by economists from the University of Chicago, Harvard, the University of Maryland and the Census Bureau found that when private equity firms acquire a company, jobs are lost in old operations. Jobs are created in new, promising operations. The overall effect on employment is modest.

"]¶Nor is it true that private equity firms generally pile up companies with debt, loot them and then send them to the graveyard. This does happen occasionally (the tax code encourages debt), but banks would not be lending money to private equity-owned companies, decade after decade, if those companies weren’t generally prosperous and creditworthy.

It's a miscalculation to frame Bain and his experience there as a bona fide job creating qualification. Some jobs were created, and some jobs were destroyed. His job was to create superior returns, not create jobs. He should just say that and move on.

All I'm saying is this is going to come true from a political stand point...just look at what's going on now...the Cory Booker thing is a fiasco what a botch by the GOP to think that was going to work.

http://leanforward.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/21/11799258-booker-to-maddow-im-very-upset-that-im-being-used-by-the-gop?lite

Edited by TheNewBills

It's a miscalculation to frame Bain and his experience there as a bona fide job creating qualification. Some jobs were created, and some jobs were destroyed. His job was to create superior returns, not create jobs. He should just say that and move on.

Too bad we live in a country that is so ignorant people not only can't understand that is a good thing for the economy, but will allow themselves to believe it is destructive because opportunistic politicians tell them so. You sounds awfully close to being one of those people when you insist on holding Bain to an impossible standard yet are willing to brush off with only the most featherweight criticism the current Administration's gross misuse of public funds.

Edited by KD in CT

Well if something I've said in this topic was somehow twisted as it worked it's way through your brain allow me to say directly: "I am not one of those people." There ya go.

I don't oppose private equity, period...b/c I'm not a !@#$ing retard.

-me in one of my first posts in this topic

Edited by TheNewBills

All I'm saying is this is going to come true from a political stand point...just look at what's going on now...the Cory Booker thing is a fiasco what a botch by the GOP to think that was going to work.

http://leanforward.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/21/11799258-booker-to-maddow-im-very-upset-that-im-being-used-by-the-gop?lite

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ex1H5q9m5B0

You have to be a full-goose bozo died-in-the-wool kool-aid-drinking DailyKos-loving Obama-does-no-wrong progressive to look at the Cory Booker incident and believe in any way, shape or form that this was somehow botched by the GOP.

Booker went from well-respected bi-partisan politician to Obama knob-gobbler in the time it took him to obey his master and create that stupid Youtube video. He took that great life-saver persona mixed with genuine honesty expressed on MTP and let the WH piss all over it.

Note: the ONLY thing he gets by going on Maddow is the warm, safe, forgiving comfort of the liberal base described above.

You have to be a full-goose bozo died-in-the-wool kool-aid-drinking DailyKos-loving Obama-does-no-wrong progressive to look at the Cory Booker incident and believe in any way, shape or form that this was somehow botched by the GOP.

Booker went from well-respected bi-partisan politician to Obama knob-gobbler in the time it took him to obey his master and create that stupid Youtube video. He took that great life-saver persona mixed with genuine honesty expressed on MTP and let the WH piss all over it.

Note: the ONLY thing he gets by going on Maddow is the warm, safe, forgiving comfort of the liberal base described above.

Well I guess that's what I am then. :D

Cory Booker was nauseated at the tone of Presidential politics (coming from both sides) IMO and I didn't even think what he said was all that controversial when I watched it live. To try and use him as the GOP did, knowing who Cory Booker is...is retarded to me.

http://leanforward.m...by-the-gop?lite

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ex1H5q9m5B0

How was it botched?

My link

“In this particular instance he was just wrong,” Axelrod told NBC’s Andrea Mitchell — speaking about Booker’s defense of private equity firms. “There are specific instances here that speak to an economic theory that isn’t the right economic theory for the country.”