Stephon Gilmore Signed by the Bills

Stephon gets an A for effort in Rookie Mini camp & for quickly signing and an F for enthusiasm. Is it me or does this guy have the personality of a brick wall. Don't get me wrong, if he helps us take the team to a new level then I'm happier than a pig in dookie but as far as getting him to laugh at a joke or even crack a smile seems like a lost cause. I think his nickname should be "All Business" if he pans out.

Yes it would be much better to have a pile on after the tackle then celebrate like you did something like Aaron Maybin....thats the ticket

Gilmore is a stone cold assassin.....he doesnt get too up or too down when he plays.....and you need ice running through your veins when the game is on the line.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephon gets an A for effort in Rookie Mini camp & for quickly signing and an F for enthusiasm. Is it me or does this guy have the personality of a brick wall. Don't get me wrong, if he helps us take the team to a new level then I'm happier than a pig in dookie but as far as getting him to laugh at a joke or even crack a smile seems like a lost cause. I think his nickname should be "All Business" if he pans out.

Unhappy Gilmore?

Yes it would be much better to have a pile on after the tackle then celebrate like you did something like Aaron Maybin....thats the ticket

Gilmore is a stone cold assassin.....he doesnt get too up or too down when he plays.....and you need ice running through your veins when the game is on the line.

+1

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19075376

South Carolina DC Lorenzo Ward on first-round pick Stephon Gilmore's work ethic: "You will not have to motivate Stephon Gilmore to practice, not a single day. ... Stephon will wear them out working extra to be good. Nnamdi Asomugha was at the complex in Oakland when no other player was there (when I was with Oakland). That's Stephon Gilmore."

"Happy" Gilmore is a silent assasin.....Love it!!!

especially playing CB. You are going to get beat, but you can not let one bad play turn into two.

I think it's actually refreshing to have someone like Gilmore on the team. The maturity he shows for someone his age is pretty remarkable. I really like the personalities on this team. Lots of down to earth, humble guys and a mix of entertaining guys like Stevie and George as well.

Somebody who watched him play at South Carolina says that's just the way he is. Likes to keep his emotions inside. Rarely smiles. As long as he plays hard, who care?

That explains the lack of expression when coming out of the green room when drafted. I thought maybe he didnt like the Bills or something. Good to know its just the way he is.

Roger Maris was the same way. Used to say "I was born surely". Actually I'm like that too.

That explains the lack of expression when coming out of the green room when drafted. I thought maybe he didnt like the Bills or something. Good to know its just the way he is.

When that kid was announced and the camera was on him and his reaction, it looked like he was not happy at all.

That almost ruined the draft for me. His face as he got up from the green table.

After looking into the kid and of course all the news that followed draft day and read he was ahem..stoic. i think thats a word.

Seen his interviews since then and of course read the quotes. I feel alot better about him now. alot better.

and the recent interview with Chris Brown i just watched. I would almost swear Gilmore almost smiled twice.

good kid we got here

Can't wait to see some elite secondary play out of this guy . I wanted Luke but I'm warming up to Gilmore . Drayton Florence's play against the Giants left me deflated last year . We usually hang on to people like that but not now with Buddy . I think buddy had a history Drayton with the Chargers and still got rid of him . No nonsense !!!! Love it !!!

Take a minute to think about all the things you can criticize a player for and then think about where "demeanor during an interview/press conference" ranks.

You're nitpicking. And btw if you watch his interview with Chris Brown you'll see a guy who's very mature, level-headed, and thoughtful.

Why aren't Glenn and Graham signed?? Is Buddy napping again?? :devil:

PTR

Cause Ralph is cheap :P

I'm $@#!ing done with this team!

It's hard to sign 2nd and 3rd rounders in the NFL.

You stole my idea you :censored: its okay though.

Actually he's been referred to as "Happy" at least a dozen times on this forum since he's been drafted… so don't worry about it.

Roger Maris was the same way. Used to say "I was born surely". Actually I'm like that too.

We were all born "surely." But I think what Roger Maris said was "I was born surly and I'm going to stay that way. Everything is tough in life."

having 2 tall, big, strong corners who can press will really multiply our defense with the pass rush! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: