Famous people you've seen in person

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a pee with the Chroise, I'm still aweshocked.

you were head to head with Hamdan?

I'm going to miss a few, but off the top of my head...

Randy Savage/Miss Elizabeth - back when the then WWF still did shows at high school gyms, there was a fire alarm so they made everyone evac, while we were standing by the exit door waiting to come in, they came out because their car was parked right there. She got in and waited, Randy kept stretching while watching us very closely.

Chuck Mangione - before a Bills game, he was there to play the National Anthem, can't remember what game it was

Bill Clinton - 2000 at the Syracuse Airport

Rulon Gardner - At the Hunters Hope Ball, he put me in a headlock for a photo, but the person taking the pic didn't get it (film camera)

Jim Kelly - multiple occasions

Bryce Fisher - worked with him at one of the Bills NFL 101 For Women events, he was demonstrating how to take a handoff from a QB

Jeff Burris - met through Cindy, the night before the Bills played the Colts at Indy in 2001

Suzanne Vega- after a concert just a few months ago

Russ Brandon - multiple times

Met and actually talked to:

Brian Boitano - Laguardia

Tony Hawk - San Diego Airport

Bruce Smith - Norfolk Airport

Bill Bellamy (Last Comic Standing Host) - Sat next to him on a flight from Detroit to Norfolk

Chuck Woolery - Norfolk Airport

Saw but didn't talk to:

George HW Bush - On a ship when I was in the Navy (he was VP at the time)

Tyra Banks - Atlanta Airport

Masahara Morimoto (The Iron Chef) - Hilton Hawaiian Village

Dog The Bounty Hunter and his family - Hilton Hawaiian Village

oh god, you have to go and meet him, especially a president....whether you agree with the politics or not, it's a president, or ex president..that's a once in a lifetime opportunity normally....

Saw George W. Bush at a White House press briefing I got invited to as a member of the "canned applause" audience. Stuck out my hand as he was leaving but he just looked blankly at me (to recall if he knew me from some place) and kept on walking.

Of all the damn Presidents, I get Cement Head...

Chuck Mangione - before a Bills game, he was there to play the National Anthem, can't remember what game it was

I saw him AFTER the chiefs AFC championship game. We were waiting to get on our bus and he came up and played the shout song on his trumpet. I didn't know who he was at the time. Some time later, he was on Letterman and I told my dad "hey, that's the guy from the Bills game".

I worked in a bunch of upscale restaurants in LA so my list would be huge. I'll work on it.

Ok here we go. Pretty much all at restaurants I've worked

Frank Sinatra

Sammy Davis Jr

Lucille Ball

Orson Wells

Elizabeth Taylor

Steve Martin

Robert De Niro

Sylvester Stallone

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Dolly Parton

Kenny Rogers

Jamie Lee and Tony Curtis (at a father's day brunch)

Dudley Moore

Rob Zombie

Paula Abdul

Rod Stewart

Ronald Regan

George H Bush

Raquel Welch

Paul Ruebens (dug deep for that one but it was so funny to see him not as Pee Wee)

Clint Eastwood

Timothy Leary

Jackson Browne

Bonnie Raitte

Don Rickles

Ed McMahon

Jonny Carson

Rob Reiner

Carl Reiner

Billy Crystal

Magic Johnson

Marcus Allen

Phillis Diller, Red Buttons, Mike Douglas (all one night at Spago with my mother. She was in heaven)

Gregg Allman

There are a shitload more that I know I've forgotten over the years. This was mostly in the 1980's when I worked at Ma Maison and Nicky Blairs so I've forgotten a lot. I've seen so many they just don't thrill me that much. They never really did.

I've got some great stories regarding some of them.

Ok here we go. Pretty much all at restaurants I've worked

Frank Sinatra

Sammy Davis Jr

Lucille Ball

Orson Wells

Elizabeth Taylor

Steve Martin

Robert De Niro

Sylvester Stallone

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Dolly Parton

Kenny Rogers

Jamie Lee and Tony Curtis (at a father's day brunch)

Dudley Moore

Rob Zombie

Paula Abdul

Rod Stewart

Ronald Regan

George H Bush

Raquel Welch

Paul Ruebens (dug deep for that one but it was so funny to see him not as Pee Wee)

Clint Eastwood

Timothy Leary

Jackson Browne

Bonnie Raitte

Don Rickles

Ed McMahon

Jonny Carson

Rob Reiner

Carl Reiner

Billy Crystal

Magic Johnson

Marcus Allen

Phillis Diller, Red Buttons, Mike Douglas (all one night at Spago with my mother. She was in heaven)

Gregg Allman

There are a shitload more that I know I've forgotten over the years. This was mostly in the 1980's when I worked at Ma Maison and Nicky Blairs so I've forgotten a lot. I've seen so many they just don't thrill me that much. They never really did.

I've got some great stories regarding some of them.

Awesome list.

Awesome list.

I'll give you a story regarding one. Clint Eastwood used to come to Nicky Blair's every so often. He had a bet with Nicky when he ran for Mayor of Carmel CA. The bet was if he won Nicky would buy him dinner. Well one evening before we opened we're all in the kitchen prepping. A frantic waiter runs in "where's Nicky, where's Nicky?!?!?" We asked him why and he said Clint Eastwook is here and I think he's pissed. I asked him why he thought that (I knew of the bet). He said Clint came in and aske "Where's Nicky." The waiter said he didn't know but Eastwood said (in his best Dirty Harry voice I imagine) "well go find him! And tell him........I'm here to COLLECT!!"

Funnies thing I've ever seen. The waiter was shitting his pants.

I'll give you a story regarding one. Clint Eastwood used to come to Nicky Blair's every so often. He had a bet with Nicky when he ran for Mayor of Carmel CA. The bet was if he won Nicky would buy him dinner. Well one evening before we opened we're all in the kitchen prepping. A frantic waiter runs in "where's Nicky, where's Nicky?!?!?" We asked him why and he said Clint Eastwook is here and I think he's pissed. I asked him why he thought that (I knew of the bet). He said Clint came in and aske "Where's Nicky." The waiter said he didn't know but Eastwood said (in his best Dirty Harry voice I imagine) "well go find him! And tell him........I'm here to COLLECT!!"

:lol: :lol:

That's hilarious!

:lol: :lol:

That's hilarious!

Raquel Welch : Was walking down Sunset on my way to Nicky's for a drink with some friends from out of town. I'm in front they're behind. She walks by. I turn around to see the looks on their faces and it was priceless. "Was that........?". "Yyyyyup".

Damn I had a crush on her at the age of 10 and still do at 51.

It wsan't until recently that I realized just how big of an Eastwood fan I am. I'm glad to hear that he's got a sense of humor in real life, as well. The guy is a legend, and he's arguably put out some of his best work later in life. Gran Torino, Sands of Iwo Jima, Flags of our Fathers, etc... I was watching Space Cowboys the other day and forgot how much I liked that film, as well. I grew up watching him as Dirty Harry and in the Any Which Way You Can/But Loose films...he's easily one of my top five actors of all time. His daughter is beautiful, too ;)

It wsan't until recently that I realized just how big of an Eastwood fan I am. I'm glad to hear that he's got a sense of humor in real life, as well. The guy is a legend, and he's arguably put out some of his best work later in life. Gran Torino, Sands of Iwo Jima, Flags of our Fathers, etc... I was watching Space Cowboys the other day and forgot how much I liked that film, as well. I grew up watching him as Dirty Harry and in the Any Which Way You Can/But Loose films...he's easily one of my top five actors of all time. His daughter is beautiful, too ;)

That night he was in Nicky's I looked out of the kitchen and he was the only person out there in the bar. Big window behind him with the late afternoon sun shining in. AlI I could see was his silloutte. Impressive dude.