Skip Bayless Says .....

vince young 31-19, fitzpatrick 17-31.

:lol: Dumbest stat ever.

Vince Young has never thrown for 2600 yards in a SEASON.

Vince Young has never thrown more than 12 touchdown passes in a SEASON.

Vince Young has thrown more TDs than interceptions in a SEASON TWICE in his ENTIRE CAREER.

Vince Young has never averaged 200 yards passing per game in his career.

With Vince Young as a starter, Tennessee never ranked higher than 24th in the NFL in passing yards.

In his Titans career, Young had twice as many games where he threw for under 100 yards than he threw for over 250 yards.

In his 2 seasons and 29 starts in Buffalo, Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown more touchdown passes than Vince Young has thrown in his entire CAREER. That's 50 starts and 61 games for Young.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Young has thrown more TDs than interceptions in a SEASON TWICE in his ENTIRE CAREER.

With Vince Young as a starter, Tennessee never ranked higher than 24th in the NFL in passing yards.

In his Titans career, Young had twice as many games where he threw for under 100 yards than he threw for over 250 yards.

In his 2 seasons and 29 starts in Buffalo, Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown more touchdown passes than Vince Young has thrown in his entire CAREER. That's 50 starts and 61 games for Young.

Everyone getting this ? VY is an athletic qb who sometimes wins games. Normally he will look terrible for 3 qtrs and sometimes he will make one play to win game if it's close. Fitz is the starter HANDS DOWN, VY has tons to prove (as does fitz to a smaller degree) . Anyone that suggests we start VY or even give him shot to start IMO is a reckless bills fan. Now if it's week 6 and fitz looks terrible then VY COME ON DOWN YOUR NEXT.

I am the biggest Fitz doubter on this board. Let's let it breathe until Fitz clobbers the jets

Well... The powers that be may disagree. It looks more and more like he's going to atleast give the image of competing. And as I've been saying the playbook would be tailored not ruined.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/12/chan-gailey-loves-vince-young-great-arm-mobility-a-winner/

Edited by NoSaint

Best of luck to VY but please don't start with the QB controversy stuff yet. Fitz is the starter, Thigpen and VY are competing for the backup job. The person who should be most worried is Brad Smith. He was pretty bad as a Bill last year and I am thinking specifically of the Raiders game where he had two wide open receivers and couldn't decide which one to throw it to. Brad Smith was a signing we all thought would have a big impact but as the year wore on he was used less and less in the Wildcat and more as a fourth string wide receiver.

Again, please no more about how VY is the savior of this franchise and how he is immensely better than Fitz. Yes it would be nice if the CBS announcers actually knew our Qb's name but VY carries little appeal beyond that. He will compete with Thigpen and if he wins the job then we can have a controversy, but not before he has played a single down in a Bills uniform fellas.

what about his 3rd down conversion rate?

turning an 0-6 titans team into a winner?

opening up the run game so chris johnson can get 2k, what has johnson dones since vince left?

Why anyone still watches ESPN is beyond me.

People watch ESPN because they think it's "cool" and "hip" to watch anything sports related. And the poor guys doing anything NOT sports related (comic books, video games e.t.c) are deemd "uncool" by this caveman-like, barbaric society.

Skip has also said Lebron James and Adrian Peterson are overrated.

End of discussion.

He could never beat out Fitz and i don't even like Fitz all that much. Young was never a good QB.

I hear ya but for a long time Vick was not a good QB either. I'm intrigued to see if he has matured and what, if anything, Gailey and Lee can do with him.

Lol @ VY having tons more to prove than fitz, when VY single handedly won the BCS over heavily favored USC, is a physical specimen freak, has a winning record and been to 2 pro bowls.

Yup VY looking for job. 1 year 2 million dollar contract. Fitz entrenched as starter w 60 mil. I would say yea VY definetly has more to prove then fitz. He is borderline unemployed bills threw him a last shot here. This is the nfl college achievements dont mean jack ask my man Kellen Moore

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Guys repeat what I say: "Do not call him Bayless, he is Worthless, Skip Worthless".

The only way VY steps on the field after August will be if Fitz is hurt or if VY has a 158.3 passer rating. The latter is practically while the former would have to be severe enough to put Fitz in a cast, crutches, or have him trying to drink a bagel

IF Given a legit shot then yeah he can beat him out. Pure talent wise Fitz can't hold Youngs Jock. If young has matured and actually wants to focus on football, they give him a legit chance and he would beat fitz.

Nix and gailey won't let it happen

People keep thinking that the QB position is a "pure talent" position - it's not. Sure you have to have the arm to make all the throws but understanding defenses, throwing accuracy, making quick decisions and having a sense of where the pass rush is are far more important than athletic ability. Young has to make dramatic improvements in all those areas to surplant Fitz as the starting QB (though Fitz isn't the most accurate of QBs.)

I've never been a fan of the "athletic" QB. The best QBs in the league, year in and year out, are guys who can do the things I listed above. There's also a little thing called "leadership" which Young has struggled with mightily since coming to the NFL. He lacks the mental toughness and work ethic which are required to get these guys to want to follow him.

So yeah, if you're running pure skills tests Young would beat out Fitz but given everything that is required out of an NFL QB Young won't come near the starting spot.

what about his 3rd down conversion rate?

turning an 0-6 titans team into a winner?

opening up the run game so chris johnson can get 2k, what has johnson dones since vince left?

You mean the year he threw ten (count 'em, ten TDs), averaged 157 yards in passing and ran for 281 yards (5.1 YPC)?

In which all eight of his wins came against opponents with a combined record of 53-70 (.431 winning percentage)?

Or who went 4-4 as a starter in 2010 (with a whopping 139 yards per game in passing and 125 yards rushing)?

Skip Bayless tweeted this:

"Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East."

If memory serves me, Skip once similarly said that VY will beat out Vick for the starting job in Philly.

What do you guys say? Will VY ever start ahead of a healthy Fitz?

Personally, I don't think so.

By the way, Bayless is not a guy who I think is very accurate or knowledgeable when he reports on the NFL. Nonetheless, I did like reading that the Bills will "start causing problems in the AFC East."

He's a guy in his 50s named Skip. Enough said. And I am quoting George Carlin.

Lol @ VY having tons more to prove than fitz, when VY single handedly won the BCS over heavily favored USC, is a physical specimen freak, has a winning record and been to 2 pro bowls.

"That's nice, Sonny, but this here's the fleet"

Glory days in college and physical specimen freakiness really don't matter in the NFL. That was then, this is now. W-L record has a lot to do with the TEAM in this TEAM sport, and it's "what have you done for me lately?"

VY last year 4 TD 9 INTs, 57% completions, 1-2 W-L. Will he do better in Buffalo if afforded the chance? I sincerely hope so.

I hear ya but for a long time Vick was not a good QB either. I'm intrigued to see if he has matured and what, if anything, Gailey and Lee can do with him.

This is a good point. Vick v2 in Philly >>> Vick in Atlanta

This fan will be sticking by Fitz for the year, through thick and thin.

Are you more a fan of Fitz or of the Bills?

For me, I don't care if it's Fitz, VY, pigpen or some UDFA off the street. I want whoever is the best player at any position to play, and that includes QB.

No one, particularly Gailey, should let themselves get distracted by anything else.

Your best chance of winning is when your best players play ... period.