Will Hairston Start ?

Owen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1336688350[/url]' post='2463657']

This.

They have all but said it already. Nix said it in that draft video, that we got two starters and a third contributor and maybe starter. I think he means starter day 1, and I would bet that early in training camp Glenn is lining up with the ones and barring injury is starting at LT on opening day. Hopefully Hairston takes over for Pears soon. Pears is decent, and more than adequate and serviceable as is, but we could still use an upgrade, especially in pass blocking. Hairston has more tools and talent than Pears, hopefully he puts it all together.

Sanders, too, has a lot of talent, and it's great that he is the #4 guy on this team. We can give him a year or two to develop. For the first time in a long, long time, I am liking where we are at OT. Glenn has to produce on the field though, and he hasn't done it yet. I think he has a very good chance.

Just because they say Glenn is projected at LT, I'd Hairston comes out on training camp and preseason and outright wins the job, what do you do with Glenn then? I think our best lineup (only if Hairston shows he can be the guy at LT) is Hairston, Levitre, wood, Glenn, pears, with sanders backing up both tackle spots and Urbik/Reinhard backing up C and G (and maybe Asher if he shows something). I think Hairston has more upside than Urbik and Glenn has more upside playing guard than tackle. If Glenn beats out Hairston....Glenn, levitre, wood, Urbik, pears/Hairston would be the alternative, which isn't too shabby. If Glenn can be an elite Lt, he should play Lt. Of he's just going to be a decent Lt, if rather him play inside where he might be dominant, and play a "decent" Hairston at LT. Jmo

Levitre has the arm length to play guard or tackle.

?

Levitre has short arms and that's why despite playing tackle in college, he was projected to guard in the NFL.

He's not horrible as an NFL tackle but whatever success he has on the outside is in spite of his arm length.

As for Zebrie Sanders, wouldn't that be kinda funny if he became an official after his playing days were over?

He'd be Zebrie the Zebra.

Just because they say Glenn is projected at LT, I'd Hairston comes out on training camp and preseason and outright wins the job, what do you do with Glenn then? I think our best lineup (only if Hairston shows he can be the guy at LT) is Hairston, Levitre, wood, Glenn, pears, with sanders backing up both tackle spots and Urbik/Reinhard backing up C and G (and maybe Asher if he shows something). I think Hairston has more upside than Urbik and Glenn has more upside playing guard than tackle. If Glenn beats out Hairston....Glenn, levitre, wood, Urbik, pears/Hairston would be the alternative, which isn't too shabby. If Glenn can be an elite Lt, he should play Lt. Of he's just going to be a decent Lt, if rather him play inside where he might be dominant, and play a "decent" Hairston at LT. Jmo

The Bills will give Glenn every chance to win the LT job. That means having him practice solely at LT. If he fails to win the job, he'll backup at LT, with Hairston moving to RT if Pears gets injured.

Glenn starts day 1 at LT. Hairston book ends for us and eventually takes over at RT. But I strongly believe that Chan and Nix feel Glenn is their starting LT at this point.

This is my thinking as well...Hairston is at worst a backup swing tackle but I'd like to see him start on the right side at some point

I believe I remember hearing Nix mention, right after the draft, that he planned on Glenn starting at left tackle - that he'd have to earn it - but, that Nix and Gailey considered him 1st round talent, and they didn't draft him to be a backup. So, yeah, in the Bill's eyes, Cordy Glenn is supposed to show enough talent to unseat Hairston, who will either become the backup/swing tackle, or will then move to RT. Either way, with Hairston at RT or with him as swing, that would make our line much, much better. I really believe Nix has the pieces in place for this O-line to be dominant right now - as is, they just need time to gel.

I think Hairston opens TC as the starter and Glenn starts at the Meadowlands Opening Day

I think Hairston opens TC as the starter and Glenn starts at the Meadowlands Opening Day

Sounds reasonable and should be a good battle either way. They'll push each other to get/play better, and going against Mark Anderson will help even more.

Typical of your attacks that You Make no sense since Jason Peters wasn't even a tackle. You know it I know know it. So shall we play who became great playing a position they learned in the pros? There hundreds if not thousands of them, that over the years have made it in sports, playing a new position.

Do you post nonsensical dribble just to be the franchise #1 homer. Good news! You WIN! The recent post reminding everyone you posted some krap first makes you the hands down 2012 early winner.

So now I ask Mrs. Hariston "what's your point"?

Flame Away!

WTF brought that on?? :blink:

All I was doing was pointing out that player projections aren't always correct. George Wilson was WR before he became a decent safety.

PTR

I think what the Bills eventually want to do is have Glenn at LT and Harriston at rt

Definitely since Pears will be 30 next month, but probably not this year. Having a rookie LT and a 2nd year RT starting at the same time isn't ideal.

You consistently have bad takes.

All I could think of when I read this was Jim Romes giant buzzer.

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... We don't like that call........not a very good call."

All I could think of when I read this was Jim Romes giant buzzer.

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... We don't like that call........not a very good call."

LOL.

I'm being too harsh but I'm tiring of people dogging on Cordy Glenn and Eme's been one of those.

Typical of your attacks that You Make no sense since Jason Peters wasn't even a tackle. You know it I know know it. So shall we play who became great playing a position they learned in the pros? There hundreds if not thousands of them, that over the years have made it in sports, playing a new position.

Do you post nonsensical dribble just to be the franchise #1 homer. Good news! You WIN! The recent post reminding everyone you posted some krap first makes you the hands down 2012 early winner.

So now I ask Mrs. Hariston "what's your point"?

Flame Away!

This is where it got personal and the thread got stupid.

LOL.

I'm being too harsh but I'm tiring of people dogging on Cordy Glenn and Eme's been one of those.

I do agree with your take but in playing Devils Advocate aren't you dogging Graham in a similar way in another post?

Damn I just hate being that guy. It's just right now I'm all about confrontation.

Hariston is the perfect backup at this point in his career. A guy who can come in and do a decent job at both tackle positions. I have a feeling Nix wants Glenn starting while Hariston pushes him for the job and adds depth to the O-line. Pears is likely the RT for the next couple seasons but I think they want Hariston to take it from him soon.

I liked what Hariston did last season but to me he didn't light the world on fire he simply played OK which from a 4th rounder projected to be a RT doing so at the LT position is impressive. But while it was a nice rookie effort I wouldn't bank on him as a 100% starting LT. Give him and Glenn the chance to start let the best man win (Which I think Glenn would likely win) the other comes off the bench.