JOSH HAMILTON FOUR HOME RUNS

CowgirlsFan

That is unbelievable. I was surprised to read that it's been done 15 times before this. I don't remember any of them.

It's early but he's got decent leads in all three triple crown titles. I'd like to see him do it. How has he been and the fans been to him since falling off the wagon this winter?

That is unbelievable. I was surprised to read that it's been done 15 times before this. I don't remember any of them.

It's early but he's got decent leads in all three triple crown titles. I'd like to see him do it. How has he been and the fans been to him since falling off the wagon this winter?

He's been ok. He was smart and appologized

from the beginning. Fans were disappointed

but realize we all make mistakes.

He's been ok. He was smart and appologized

from the beginning. Fans were disappointed

but realize we all make mistakes.

Indeed we do. I love his story of redemption.

A true testament to the power of drugs and alcohol.

Honestly, he'd be looking at a HOF career if he didn't waste the first few years of his career. Of course with all the guys who are cheating with PEDs, perhaps he should be considered.

It does make what Babe Ruth accomplished (even though the league was whites only) even more impressive. He was a drunk fat slob and still dominated.

and his only non-homer wasn't too far from being another homer...this dude is something else...can't wait til he's a yankee :devil:

I know it's a joke but that's the part of MLB that will never let me fully embrace it. I hate that teams can spend whatever they want. As an Indians fan, how do you get over having CC and Cliff Lee and watching them leave for nothing? If the Rays had Yankee or Red Sox money, they would be a dynasty.

Mostly just a testament to Major League Baseball being around for a loooong freaking time. It's a rarer feat than a perfect game.

and his only non-homer wasn't too far from being another homer...this dude is something else...can't wait til he's a yankee :devil:

Lou Gehrig had a four home game as well and almost got a fifth but the ball was caught at the fence, I'm not sure if there was a warning track back then.

Same here. I got me Hamilton AND Kemp.

Good grief, you must be #1 in at least 4 categories. I wasn't lucky enough to have a top 3 pick this year and Joey Votto needs to get his ass in gear.

Good grief, you must be #1 in at least 4 categories. I wasn't lucky enough to have a top 3 pick this year and Joey Votto needs to get his ass in gear.

Votto will pick it up eventually. I got Kemp #2...a certain .190 hitter for the Angels went #1 :devil:

EDIT: Not to mention, my blind homerism led me to draft Jeter once again and it's actually paying dividends this time around.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Votto will pick it up eventually. I got Kemp #2...a certain .190 hitter for the Angels went #1 :devil:

EDIT: Not to mention, my blind homerism led me to draft Jeter once again and it's actually paying dividends this time around.

Kemp went #1 in my league. Great call on Jeter.

I also drafted Lawrie (mentioned in another thread here) and need him to improve, but he'll probably end up on the long list of guys that I picked a year too early (Upton, Granderson, Quentin, Kershaw, etc.)

i did once, but we couldn't get 5 full innings in so it wasn't an official game, and we were out of the playoff race, so there was no need for a make-up game...still irks me to this day...

Has anybody ever hit 5 in a game?

I know it's a joke but that's the part of MLB that will never let me fully embrace it. I hate that teams can spend whatever they want. As an Indians fan, how do you get over having CC and Cliff Lee and watching them leave for nothing? If the Rays had Yankee or Red Sox money, they would be a dynasty.

But, the thing is - baseball has more parity than football, by far. Since the Yankees won 4 of 5 in the late 90s, it's been incredible the number of different teams to make and win the World Series. I think the Sox are the only team to win it twice since then and that was not back to back.

Nope

Damn, that would have been great if his 5th did go out!

Hamilton very much reminiscent of George Brett back in the day. As with Brett, Hamilton at present has teams talking of simply walking him each at bat as best option. Teams did this with Brett, can remember Barry Bonds also who was walked even with bases loaded. What is different about Hamilton though is the current Texas lineup so talented walking him would net in many more big innings.

No matter who your team of choice is, most special to see players such as Hamilton play the game at such a level.