Bills invite 21 FA's to mini camp

More eye-opening, though, are his stats at Monmouth. Division III or not, he threw for more TDs than anyone in college FB history and his accuracy was in the 70% range.

And that is an impressive, to borrow a phrase from our fearless leader, "body of work."

Edited by Willyville Guy

Is there any compensation if they are invited to camp?

Nope, not really. They don't get "paid" till they get invited to and show up at training camp.

They just get room and board at the tryout.

Like any other QB, what happens to those skills once he gets repeatedly knocked down? I like the pickup, hopefully he does well!

I also like the pickup of QB Aaron Corp. With great coaching, whatever blue chip potential that he had may return...

Well, the kid DID play QB in Kallage. I think he's Harry Potter to Chan's Dumbledore. :ph34r:

What do you mean? There's plenty of footage of Monmouth's 2011 season:

http://www.monmouthcollege.edu/athletics/varsity/football/recap.aspx

Ah, that's a better list than I was going to post.

I watched a couple of those. He's got a nice touch. Generally his throws were the best part of watching those games. Whew, looks like my drunken friends playing rugby at times.

He'll have to do a LOT better job of looking off the safety though. He also needs to get rid of the ball faster. To my eyes, when plays were breaking down, he held onto the ball a long time, while not doing a great job of moving. The DE's he faced were pretty slow once they got around the corner, so he could sort of get away with it. NFL DE's will pound him into the ground if he holds onto the ball that long once protection breaks down.

On the plus side, he wasn't a tuck and run guy at the first sign of trouble. But raw, raw, raw footwork on the move.

Nope, not really. They don't get "paid" till they get invited to and show up at training camp.

They just get room and board at the tryout.

Well, the kid DID play QB in Kallage. I think he's Harry Potter to Chan's Dumbledore. :ph34r:

USC was Corp's first college.

Edited by Spun

He'll have to do a LOT better job of looking off the safety though. He also needs to get rid of the ball faster. To my eyes, when plays were breaking down, he held onto the ball a long time, while not doing a great job of moving. The DE's he faced were pretty slow once they got around the corner, so he could sort of get away with it. NFL DE's will pound him into the ground if he holds onto the ball that long once protection breaks down.

Playing exclusivly out of the shotgun isn't going to help either.

Still, he seems to see the field well, which is something you can build on...

Here ya go.

C Taylor Boggs – Humboldt State

RB Zach Brown – Pittsburgh

DE Vince Browne - Northwestern

TE Derek Buttles – Maine

WR Roddell Carter – Alabama-Birmingham

LB Nick Clark – Alfred

CB Dominic Cook – Buffalo

WR Gino Crump – Arizona

FB Dorin Dickerson – Pittsburgh

DE Sean Ferguson – Mississippi State

WR Kevin Fitzpatrick - Marist

DE Corey Hart – Alabama A&M

DT Johnny Hollins – Texas Southern

LB Emmanuel Lamur – Kansas State

CB Byron Mulkey – Buffalo

S Nick Saenz – Houston

WR Derek Session - Maine

DE Bernard Smith – Louisiana-Lafayette

QB Alex Tanney – Monmouth College

LB Jeff Thomas – Indiana

DT Logan Walls – Georgia Tech

Per WGR. wgr linnk

Holy moly what's with all the DE and DT? I'm thinking Johnson Edwards Carrington Heard Troup and so forth may be "hearded" out the door.

These guys are coming in for what basically amounts to an extended tryout. Play good enough, you might get invited back to camp.

Exactement. It's sort of like a "Bills mini-Senior Bowl"

Ah, that's a better list than I was going to post.

I watched a couple of those. He's got a nice touch. Generally his throws were the best part of watching those games. Whew, looks like my drunken friends playing rugby at times.

On the plus side, he wasn't a tuck and run guy at the first sign of trouble. But raw, raw, raw footwork on the move.

Well, if they do invite him to camp he's got just the guy to talk to about what it takes to go from DIII to the NFL

When is the last time the Bills have had any luck with a D III player contributing to the team? :P

They have this one running back from D III who isn't too bad. I think his name is Frog Jameson or something like that. He might have just signed a new contract. I'm sure you could look it up.