S Nick Saenz – Houston

WR Derek Session - Maine

DE Bernard Smith – Louisiana-Lafayette

QB Alex Tanney – Monmouth College

LB Jeff Thomas – Indiana

DT Logan Walls – Georgia Tech

Per WGR. wgr linnk

Edited by The Wiz

Crump is decent player in his own right, he played as the number 2 receiver behind juror criner

And read about Byron mulkey below. He also played basketball in morocco and his only offers out of high school to play D1 football were in the ivy league

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/167380/116/Former-UB-Guard-Byron-Mulkey-Gets-Tryout-with-Bills

Yeah, that clip is legend in another thread. It's really impressed some people.

Too bad not a lick of it has anything to do with playing QB in the NFL.

GO BILLS!!!

So, hitting the cross bar from the 40 on one knee doesn't say anything about arm strength?

So, hitting the cross bar from the 40 on one knee doesn't say anything about arm strength?

Doesn't say much to me about his ability to play QB, one way or the other. Having a strong arm is a 'nice' to have. It's not way up on the list of 'need' to have.

Oh, and he won't get six tries to hit one, either.

GO BILLS!!!

1336510341[/url]' post='2461382']

Doesn't say much to me about his ability to play QB, one way or the other. Having a strong arm is a 'nice' to have. It's not way up on the list of 'need' to have.

Oh, and he won't get six tries to hit one, either.

GO BILLS!!!

It'd be nice to have in a back up QB!

Yeah, that clip is legend in another thread. It's really impressed some people.

Too bad not a lick of it has anything to do with playing QB in the NFL.

GO BILLS!!!

That's a mostly correct, yet overly simplistic, statement. The video showcases some pretty decent accuracy and arm strength, which I'm sure you would agree have something to do with playing QB in the NFL.

More eye-opening, though, are his stats at Monmouth. Division III or not, he threw for more TDs than anyone in college FB history and his accuracy was in the 70% range.

Is he a longshot? Of course. But it certainly doesn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires.

As for that YouTube video not having anything to do with NFL QB'ing, I'd like to add - a display of passing accuracy, as well as just an overall comfort with putting a football where he wants it, and the display of being able to pass a ball accurately some 50 yards or more - that is a nice plus. Accuracy.

Now, you could dismiss all of it if he were a poor QB. But, he also happened to break some Div.III records along the way, suggesting that he not only could do it in practice, but he was a good QB on the field.

The question, as far as I'm concerned, is can he understand the playbook and plays, and can he make progressions, and can he get quickly acclimated to an increase in speed. Because, this kid's got the physical attributes.

He is the one player of this UDFA class I'm going to be watching closely. I don't see any reason why a kid from a Div.III school couldn't come in and do well - it isn't as if he tried out for bigger colleges, throwing to better athletes, and wasn't capable. He was never given the chance. Now he's got it - and I think he's going to do well. He's my darkhorse pick to make the team and to be our developmental QB, and backup.

Ok, so that's in addition to the UDFAs they signed right after the draft (i.e., Corp, Sukay, etc.).

These guys are coming in for what basically amounts to an extended tryout. Play good enough, you might get invited back to camp.

That's a mostly correct, yet overly simplistic, statement. The video showcases some pretty decent accuracy and arm strength, which I'm sure you would agree have something to do with playing QB in the NFL.

More eye-opening, though, are his stats at Monmouth. Division III or not, he threw for more TDs than anyone in college FB history and his accuracy was in the 70% range.

Is he a longshot? Of course. But it certainly doesn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires.

That's why you bring the kid in. He's earned the shot based on his college production alone.

Overly simplistic or not, the video showcases nothing in the way of accuracy as it relates to playing the position. I didn't see him take one snap from under center or in the shotgun in that video. Nor did I see him hit any targets that were moving while being obstructed and while defenders were in his face.

Also, he won't get 6 takes to hit a pass.

And again, arm strength is a 'nice' to have. But it ain't way up on the list of 'need' to have when it comes to what's needed most in a QB.

Hope the kid makes it and goes on to have an HOF career, though.

GO BILLS!!!

That's why you bring the kid in. He's earned the shot based on his college production alone.

Overly simplistic or not, the video showcases nothing in the way of accuracy as it relates to playing the position. I didn't see him take one snap from under center or in the shotgun in that video. Nor did I see him hit any targets that were moving while being obstructed and while defenders were in his face.

Also, he won't get 6 takes to hit a pass.

And again, arm strength is a 'nice' to have. But it ain't way up on the list of 'need' to have when it comes to what's needed most in a QB.

Hope the kid makes it and goes on to have an HOF career, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Like any other QB, what happens to those skills once he gets repeatedly knocked down? I like the pickup, hopefully he does well!

I also like the pickup of QB Aaron Corp. With great coaching, whatever blue chip potential that he had may return...