CBS Sports 2013 Mock draft?

Are they taking into account the future 2013 one year wonders who we've never heard of yet? These guys will help the real playmakers fall into our laps. I say y not make a 2014 mock draft. It'll be just as pertinent.

I was looking around the CBS sports website for Draft analysis opinions from the draft last weekend. I came across a mock draft they published today for 2013 already.

I don't know whats worse, the fact "experts" are putting together mock drafts this early, or that CBS has the Bills selecting #2 overall in next years draft. Have they paid attention to the offseason?

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Yeah cuz EJ Manuel is the second rated QB and Those guys are morons if they think we are picking 2nd overall, we didn't even do that 2 years ago.

I agree and this is coming from a lifetime Noles fan. I am setiously hoping he puts it together this year. I see us around 18-24 in next years draft. And if we for some readon pick 2 we should teade everything for Barkley.

Won't the NFL cut into his Weight Watcher commercials? :P

I can tell you right now KC & St Louis won't be drafting #1 & #2, not with Romeo Crennel as HC of the Chiefs or Jeff Fisher as HC of the Rams

I can see both Indy and Arizona duking it out for the #1 pick next year, Cleveland might be in there also. Oh yea don't forget the Saints are gonna really suck this year

everything will depend on injuries at the start of the season

EDIT: That moron, he has the Colts with a better record then the Bills

Edited by Fear the Beard

Are you out of your mind?

Where do you think that Griffin was rated at this time last year?

RG3 has been great since he stepped foot on Baylor's campus. Manuel, has been nothing but underwhelming and inconsistent since he arrived at FSU. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. There is no comparison between the 2.

WOW seeing as they have us drafting in the #2 position it doesn't look like they have much faith in what Buddy has or is doing in B-Lo which just goes to show how much they don't know !!! :blink:

RG3 has been great since he stepped foot on Baylor's campus. Manuel, has been nothing but underwhelming and inconsistent since he arrived at FSU. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. There is no comparison between the 2.

I wasn't making a comparison between the two. I asked a simple question about projections at this time last year. Since you are unwilling to answer the question I asked (you would rather twist it into something that fits your agenda) I found 3 mocks and none had Griffin in round 1. Point is that to get worked up about a mock draft 12 months prior is really silly.

I wasn't making a comparison between the two. I asked a simple question about projections at this time last year. Since you are unwilling to answer the question I asked (you would rather twist it into something that fits your agenda) I found 3 mocks and none had Griffin in round 1. Point is that to get worked up about a mock draft 12 months prior is really silly.

Agenda? Worked up? My point was that if you watched a FSU game last year then you'd know how off base your comment and his projections were. Even a few FSU fans chimed in and reiterated the exact same thing.

Don't sweat the draft spots, people, they just left everyone's finish the same from last year. Then they played around with some trades.

I'm a Florida State alum and fan, and I find that pick 100% ridiculous. EJ Manuel is not an NFL quarterback - he's barely good enough as a top college QB. He's been a collossal disappointment. Innaccurate as hell and not even that athletic.

EJ's been inconsistent, but to say he's unathletic is one of the dumbest things i've ever read on this board.

There's no question he's got the physical talent and all the physical skills. If the "light goes on" as the saying goes, he could be a high pick in 2013. If he continues the way he's been playing, he's no more than a mid round project.

I'm hoping Aaron Murray comes out after his Jr year and he becomes a Bill shortly thereafter....

I know much more about SEC players than ACC, but that EJ Manuel kid looks like a player. I'd rather have Murray, though.

He's only 6'1", so I"m sure height concerns will drop him down enough that we won't have to be drafting in the top 10 to get him.

Edited by ajzepp

ESPN "(Really Deep) Insider" Todd McGay has us drafting 17th and taking Logan Thomas (V. Tech) as our franchise QB. Poor Fitz--we have a tremendous off-season and all he's gonna hear is about how we're a QB short of being contenders. I know it's the nature of the business and all that but he is a good dude. Guess the ball is in his court to shut us all up ... and I personally hope he does!

Edited by biggerdaddynj

Agenda? Worked up? My point was that if you watched a FSU game last year then you'd know how off base your comment and his projections were. Even a few FSU fans chimed in and reiterated the exact same thing.

You are still missing my point. I am not comparing the two players. I am talking about mock drafts put together right after the preceding draft.

You said:

He has zero credibility if he has EJ Manuel going 2nd overall.

Based on that comment every mock drafter has zero credibility (and maybe that should be the case). None that I found had Griffin in the first round so none of those people have any credibility either. To say someone has 'zero credibility' based on a draft projection so far in advance of the event is a stretch.

I was looking around the CBS sports website for Draft analysis opinions from the draft last weekend. I came across a mock draft they published today for 2013 already.

I don't know whats worse, the fact "experts" are putting together mock drafts this early, or that CBS has the Bills selecting #2 overall in next years draft. Have they paid attention to the offseason?

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

As pointed out they have the Bills trading up but they also say they're using the draft order from 2012 to make the picks.

The bigger issue for me is how so few people read an entire topic before posting.

I understand how this could happen in a longer thread but this topic isn't even two pages long.

I implore people to read more and post less… or at least read first before posting.

Is it that hard to see they used the exact same 2012 draft order for their 2013 draft except they have Buffalo trading up. They really dont put much thought into predicting where teams will finish, the only thing I see is that they feel Buffalo will have the greatest need for a franchise QB in 2013, and they may be correct.

What team doesnt have one or one they drafted in the 1st round the last 2 years?

KC

Oakland

Arizona

Buffalo

Thats all.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Is it that hard to see they used the exact same 2012 draft order for their 2013 draft except they have Buffalo trading up. They really dont put much thought into predicting where teams will finish, the only thing I see is that they feel Buffalo will have the greatest need for a franchise QB in 2013, and they may be correct.

What team doesnt have one or one they drafted in the 1st round the last 2 years?

KC

Oakland

Arizona

Buffalo

Thats all.

Agreed, but I wouldn't include Oakland on that list. They got palmer, who still has something left, and I don't think they even have a first rounder next year.

Next year, the bills really need to grab a good young qb prospect to groom