Who leaked claiborne's test score ?

Even he knows the proper term is "incentivized".

Your second point is correct and completely destroys this silly thread.

"Incented" means "incentivized."

You're saying fan opinion and media frenzy don't matter ? That a team wanting to see him drop wouldnt try to pollute the water somehow? If there were no benefit to leaking yet the potential for league punishment, why leak?

Even after the low Wonderlic came out, every mock still had him going in the top-6 picks. It wasn't an issue for most of the media and probably few fans care. And if he's hampered by his low intelligence, that's enough punishment for the Cowboys. ;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think there are parallels to investigating a crime versus a league infraction ?

Get it now? Geez dude a little imagination would suit you well.

I confess, I have no idea what you are talking about now. Others have pointed out how all teams knew about the score, so there was no draft-related motive for the Cowboys to commit an "infraction". Now you are talking about "fan opinion", etc.

Give it up.

Incentivized is barely a word. Incented isn't a word.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Now that we know Dallas had an intense interest in Claiborne, were highly incented to see him drop and didn't care about the low test score, can we assume they most likely leaked the score of 4? If this can be proven could they lose the pick retroactively? Otherwise what would be the penalty? Also how could Claiborne want to play for them if this came out ?

Hmmmm .....

I don't see how "leaking" it would affect the draft anyway. All of the GM's would have been privy to that information regardless. The leaking of the score only affects the opinions of the fans.

Regardless of whether it is a learning disability, reading problems, or just insanely low intelligence, a 4 on the wonderlic is a scary bad number. I'd say there is more reason to investigate LSU to determine how he stayed academically eligible... Maybe someone with Alabama connections leaked it?

Obviously the Bills wouldn't have cared, they are in talks with Vince Young...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Even after the low Wonderlic came out, every mock still had him going in the top-6 picks. It wasn't an issue for most of the media and probably few fans care. And if he's hampered by his low intelligence, that's enough punishment for the Cowboys. ;)

I know doc there's reason to be skeptical. Thats why this thread title has a "?". It was meant to be a "shoot the breeze" " what if" kind of thing on a slow day. That is until Mr. Literal, No Imagination, no sense of humor, WEO character tried turning it into a supreme court hearing and tit for tat language contest. More like "Mr Rigid" lol

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I don't see how "leaking" it would affect the draft anyway. All of the GM's would have been privy to that information regardless. The leaking of the score only affects the opinions of the fans.

Regardless of whether it is a learning disability, reading problems, or just insanely low intelligence, a 4 on the wonderlic is a scary bad number. I'd say there is more reason to investigate LSU to determine how he stayed academically eligible... Maybe someone with Alabama connections leaked it?

Obviously the Bills wouldn't have cared, they are in talks with Vince Young...

he stayed eligible as it was a disability that led to illiteracy (atleast that is the story) - he was given testing accomodations.

Now that we know Dallas had an intense interest in Claiborne, were highly incented to see him drop and didn't care about the low test score, can we assume they most likely leaked the score of 4? If this can be proven could they lose the pick retroactively? Otherwise what would be the penalty? Also how could Claiborne want to play for them if this came out ?

Hmmmm .....

to even guess it could be them is a pretty big jump, yet alone to assume it was most likely.

he stayed eligible as it was a disability that led to illiteracy (atleast that is the story) - he was given testing accomodations.

to even guess it could be them is a pretty big jump, yet alone to assume it was most likely.

Some said same thing about Coach Payton covering up a bounty system. You more than anyone here know the consequence of that error .... ouch

Some said same thing about Coach Payton covering up a bounty system. You more than anyone here know the consequence of that error .... ouch

right, its possible, but to say its "most likely" just because they drafted him is a huuuuuuge reach.

also a terrible comparison point.

Edited by NoSaint

Hmmmm .....

Exactly who is it you think the wonderlic test is for? It's not a private college exam to pass some course. It's administered by the NFL for the 32 NFL teams, meaning there is nothing to leak, all 32 teams already know the score.

@NoSaint, note "most likely" preceded by "can we assume" in a sentence ended with a "?" in a thread title ended with "?" on a slow day in May. All of which has been covered before your post.

well consider my take, to be that its far from most likely, and borderline ridiculous to post, even in question, on a slow day in may.

For his own sake I hope the guy is smart enough, or has people around him that are, to handle the business, social, and financial situation that awaits him in the professional ranks. Whatever the reason, people with a low intellectual capacity with a lot of money have a tendency to end up dumb, broke, and in trouble.

For his own sake I hope the guy is smart enough, or has people around him that are, to handle the business, social, and financial situation that awaits him in the professional ranks. Whatever the reason, people with a low intellectual capacity with a lot of money have a tendency to end up dumb, broke, and in trouble.

Hey, it worked OK for the guy in he fieldhouse today, didn't it....

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use less deceptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Outside of the fact that he probably has no idea what the word "incented" means (and with a Wonderlic of 4, I'd be skeptical of him knowing what "highly" means as well), why else wouldn't he use that phrase?

He might not know what "highly" means but I bet he knows what "high" means.

He might if he was burning those little sticks you use to cover up the smell of pot.

LOL!

it wouldn't shock me, but at the same time teams would do stuff like that. especially if they see a player they like. don't be surprised if this starts to become common practice.

What makes you think it's not common practice? These scores are leaked every year.

If it makes even one team drafting in front of you re-consider the player…

Yet you're motivated to repeatedly comment on it.

I believe he's actually "incented" to comment on it.

Just messin' Joe.