UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

Actually QBs that play for the eagles are generally good, So no Trent doesnt fit

I would take Trent back as a Backup. I think there are many guys in the league that I would take to be the backup QB but I wouldn't want having to be the long term starter (Trent is one of them)

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the idea of Young coming in to compete for the backup QB spot and Wildcat QB. There is nothing wrong with some competition. The Bills have a very stable locker room that, I would think, be able to keep his head in check. Best case scenario, he proves to be a good backup and can step in if Fitz gets hurt. Worst case, he's a headcase and gets cut.

THANK YOU.

It's amazing the retarded excuses fans make as to why they don't want to see a player in a Bills uniform.

Vince Young has won games, something that Buffalo has failed to do consistently in the past decade. He's extraordinarily athletic. I saw him personally at the Ralph run circles around the Bills' defense.

He won't start. Why not let Chan work with him and see where it goes? Worst case, cut him after a year. If he proves to be a problem in the locker room, cut him midseason. Low risk, high reward signing.

Yeh, I was at that game also....and the bills really could not stop him that day...his rookie year, I think. Great runner on the broken play. Adequate thrower, I recall. This is a chemistry thing, though, and not sure he is worth the trouble. On the other hand, if you want a playoff run, you need a 2nd QB who could win, and I am not sure that Thigpen or Smith are that guy. Might be worth a try if Chan and buddy can handle this perpetual head case. I wonder if he is quick on the pickup to learn Chan's offense, which is complicated to some degree?

On a side note...If Young ever plays and gets booed; How long has it been since a person went over the Falls in a barrel? :ph34r:

Most recent person over the Falls was 3/11/2009 - http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-11/world/niagara.plunge_1_horseshoe-falls-niagara-parks-police-canadian-side?_s=PM:WORLD

I would take Trent back as a Backup. I think there are many guys in the league that I would take to be the backup QB but I wouldn't want having to be the long term starter (Trent is one of them)

no way. he has proven he can not read a D fast enough and get the ball out quick enough.

Why bother wasting time when we know the end results

Edited by shibuya

First off I browsed the posts in this thread, didn't read all of them...But Vince Young? He is way overrated!

Some posters say look at his win loss record of 31-19; that is indicative of a team that had a good defense. Look at his stats:

SEASON TEAM GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT

2006 TEN 15 184 357 51.5 2,199 6.16 12 53 13 6 66.7

2007 TEN 15 238 382 62.3 2,546 6.67 9 73 17 5 71.1

2008 TEN 3 22 36 61.1 219 6.08 1 54 2 2 64.5

2009 TEN 12 152 259 58.7 1,879 7.26 10 66 7 1 82.8

2010 TEN 9 93 156 59.6 1,255 8.05 10 71 3 3 98.6

2011 PHI 6 66 114 57.9 866 7.60 4 58 9 2 60.8

Career 60 755 1,304 57.9 8,964 6.87 46 73 51 19 74.4

He is a back-up - yeah. Should he be a starter? No way. First his stats show that he isn't. I don't recall big changes with the Titans when VY took over for McNair, but McNair threw for over 3,000 yds (meaningful back then) and completed more than 60% of his passes.

I bring up the starter angle for the following reason Link:

"Young says he asked Reid about returning to the Eagles for next season, but Reid told him he should try to be a starter somewhere. Obviously, that was not going to be the case with the Birds.

"I asked Andy, ‘could I be part of the team again?’ He was like ‘I would love for you to stay here but you’re not a backup quarterback’ so when I heard the big guy, big red, say that it showed me more confidence and more respect that he had for me when he said he wanted to see me somewhere playing," Young told KILT radio in Houston, according to sportsradiointerviews.com. "I can truly understand that and they wanted to give Mike Kafka a little more of a chance to go out and compete and backup up Mike Vick but basically he didn’t see me backing up again. He felt like I should be starting somewhere and playing so that’s just the respect he had for me and saw the hard work that I put in to get better as quarterback last year with those guys.”"

Secondly, and most importantly VY is a headcase and does NOT have the mental abilities to be a starter.

Reason #1 (from Wiki):

On September 9, 2008, a distraught Vince Young left his home without his cell phone. The reasons given were that Young was upset over being booed by fans after throwing a second interception against the visiting Jacksonville Jaguars the previous day and the sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee suffered four plays after head coach Jeff Fisher prodded him back into the game. Young postponed a doctor's examination until the following day. After speaking to members of Young's family, Fisher called Nashville police. After a four-hour search, they found Young, who agreed to meet with Fisher and police at the team's training facility.

Vince Young's agent, Major Adams, told ESPN reporter George Smith that he did not know why the story had taken on a life of its own, and stated that the incident was "blown out of proportion" and called any perceived depression or emotional problems suffered by his client "unfounded."[66] His mother, Felicia Young, however, stated that her son was "hurting inside and out."

Reason #2 Link

Young, who had raised his hands almost as if begging fans to boo him after an incompletion on third-and-1 in the first half, tweeted three hours after the game and apologized to his teammates. He wrote he was competitive and “Just want to play.”

It was the final meltdown for the Titans (5-5) as they lost their third straight. Young lost a fumble on the Titans’ opening drive, and they settled for two field goals inside the Washington 20. Randy Moss was so ignored fans started chanting his name when the Titans had first-and-goal. As players filed off the sideline, Young was seen undoing his shoulder pads, which he then threw into the stands. He and Titans coach Jeff Fisher talked in the locker room before Young left so quickly a security guard was nearly knocked over.

Titans safety Michael Griffin, also a teammate back at Texas in college, ran after Young in just his shorts. Young brushed him off before heading to the parking lot. Griffin was seen shaking his head as he walked back to the locker room."

Make no bones about it, this guy is looking to start. I don't want a headcase in our locker room, a guy who can't clearly handle pressure and succeed. This isn't an endorsement of Thigpen either, I think back-up QB should be addressed, but not with Young. If Fitz for whatever reason falters, I don't want Young to #1 think he is the answer and more importantly #2 our Front Office to decide to waste time trying to fix this guy to be our starter. I want no part of it. He isn't as talented as all think he is, the stats don't lie. If Fitz can't do it, we should draft a Rookie in Round 1. What happens if Fitz goes down and Young looks good - is this the guy you really want to be our starter? Does his character fit in with our locker room? NO

Well first off.. you ignored his rushing numbers.. which was a huge part of his game in the early part of his career. If you add those numbers in he actually had a very good first couple years in the league.

The fact that your reason's for Vince Young as a headcase stem from wikipedia is reason enough to discredit him. The story about his "depression" and "suicidal thoughts" was blown way out of proportion. The truth is, we don't no anything about the situation and have no idea how he was feeling during that time. Any number of things can make someone depressed and its unfair to judge him on that account. Your second story just shows that he's an emotional player in the heat of a game and that he wants to win. There have been plenty of players that have been ultra emotional and have succeeded in the NFL. Just because he had a few mishaps when he was a 24 year old does not mean that he is a headcase.

I wouldn't mind seeing Young on the team and there's a chance that he could come in and win a few games for us in the case of an injury to Fitz. Just because the guy has a few blips in his past (by the way: nothing compared to some other players in the league) does not mean he can't change and turn himself into a good football player.

I love how "being ok with him bring brought in to workout, to see how he is, and to take a backup/wildcat job" turns into "wow you guys are dumb for thinking he's going to be the next great HoF QB".

O.o

Yeh, I was at that game also....and the bills really could not stop him that day...his rookie year, I think. Great runner on the broken play. Adequate thrower, I recall. This is a chemistry thing, though, and not sure he is worth the trouble. On the other hand, if you want a playoff run, you need a 2nd QB who could win, and I am not sure that Thigpen or Smith are that guy. Might be worth a try if Chan and buddy can handle this perpetual head case. I wonder if he is quick on the pickup to learn Chan's offense, which is complicated to some degree?

I think Fitz is one of the few QBs capable of picking up Chan's full offense. If VY goes in, it probably will be a scaled down version.

Well first off.. you ignored his rushing numbers.. which was a huge part of his game in the early part of his career. If you add those numbers in he actually had a very good first couple years in the league.

The fact that your reason's for Vince Young as a headcase stem from wikipedia is reason enough to discredit him. The story about his "depression" and "suicidal thoughts" was blown way out of proportion. The truth is, we don't no anything about the situation and have no idea how he was feeling during that time. Any number of things can make someone depressed and its unfair to judge him on that account. Your second story just shows that he's an emotional player in the heat of a game and that he wants to win. There have been plenty of players that have been ultra emotional and have succeeded in the NFL. Just because he had a few mishaps when he was a 24 year old does not mean that he is a headcase.

I wouldn't mind seeing Young on the team and there's a chance that he could come in and win a few games for us in the case of an injury to Fitz. Just because the guy has a few blips in his past (by the way: nothing compared to some other players in the league) does not mean he can't change and turn himself into a good football player.

McNair was a rushing QB too and his numbers were better.

You can call it overblown or not. But those are the facts that are known. There was also the incident where he hurt his arm in a game and didn't want to go back in. Fisher put him in , he hurts his knee and refuses to get the MRI they schedule for him.

Reid feeding him the you need to be a starter mantra was an easy let down for a mentally unstable kid. He showed that he still doesn't get it with the whole "Dream team" crap. Way to put an even larger Bullseye on your team's back.

I would love to see a chess match between Young, McKelvin and Claiborne...

Again I am not saying that Thigpen doesn't need to be upgraded, not even saying that Fitz doesn't need to be upgraded; but look at Young's body of work - he is a first round bust who still thinks he is a capable starer and was unable to handle pressure in the past. What situations has he been in to show that he has overcome it? His Dream Team comment was dumb and ill advised.

I would rather find a more sound backup who knows they are a backup and doesn't have his baggage. Fitz isn't Brady, Pig Ben, Brees, Rodgers, or even Cutler or Romo. People do think Fitz need to be upgraded, put a former 1st rounder on here who still thinks he is a starter, add a Sully or Shoop asking questions about who throws bbtter balls, Fitz doesn't have it we should start Young; other players interview and are asked those questions - it divides the fans and it divides the locker room. Want to part of it.

McNair was a rushing QB too and his numbers were better.

You can call it overblown or not. But those are the facts that are known. There was also the incident where he hurt his arm in a game and didn't want to go back in. Fisher put him in , he hurts his knee and refuses to get the MRI they schedule for him.

Reid feeding him the you need to be a starter mantra was an easy let down for a mentally unstable kid. He showed that he still doesn't get it with the whole "Dream team" crap. Way to put an even larger Bullseye on your team's back.

I would love to see a chess match between Young, McKelvin and Claiborne...

Again I am not saying that Thigpen doesn't need to be upgraded, not even saying that Fitz doesn't need to be upgraded; but look at Young's body of work - he is a first round bust who still thinks he is a capable starer and was unable to handle pressure in the past. What situations has he been in to show that he has overcome it? His Dream Team comment was dumb and ill advised.

I would rather find a more sound backup who knows they are a backup and doesn't have his baggage. Fitz isn't Brady, Pig Ben, Brees, Rodgers, or even Cutler or Romo. People do think Fitz need to be upgraded, put a former 1st rounder on here who still thinks he is a starter, add a Sully or Shoop asking questions about who throws bbtter balls, Fitz doesn't have it we should start Young; other players interview and are asked those questions - it divides the fans and it divides the locker room. Want to part of it.

Well I'm not the one who compared him to McNair.. you did. Obviously he isn't as good as Steve McNair.

Vince Young just played a whole year in Philadelphia and no one was clamoring for him to be the starter. If he comes to buffalo, he will know his place and Fitz will have to play just plain awful for the fans to start calling for Vince. You can't fault the guy for wanting to be in a situation where he could start, every quarterback should want that. Why not bring him in as the backup and hope our great locker room can change his character and attitude around?

I like the idea of Young coming in to compete for the backup QB spot and Wildcat QB. There is nothing wrong with some competition. The Bills have a very stable locker room that, I would think, be able to keep his head in check. Best case scenario, he proves to be a good backup and can step in if Fitz gets hurt. Worst case, he's a headcase and gets cut.

Actually, best case scenario he steps in for an injured Fitz like week 10 or so, when our schedule let's up a little and we were. 500, and he helps us get into playoffs, and next offseason we trade him away for a 3rd or 2nd rounder because a GM sees his 5-2 or 6-1 record this year and thinks he's more than he is. That's best case scenario. Worst case scenario goes much the same, only we don't trade him, instead keep him and have a destructive QB controversy.