RD 2, Pick #41: OT Cordy Glenn - Georgia

Beerball

Cordy will be starting game 1.

He is a 1st round talent and it was surprising that he fell. Bills took him and it sparked a spree of OL picks.

Don't feed the Toad troll.

Edited by dogma+

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do all the other teams. Did you see who New England and the Jets drafted? They drafted studs.

The coles pick over ingram is going to be a huge mistake. And the jets didn't draft hill to be a receving threat, he was drafted more for his blocking. That doesn't make them much better at all. The jets biggest need was pass rush and they have not addressed it yet. Coples, with all his problems, is hardly a day one starter.

Mel Kiper, is that you? :unsure:

Nah, Kiper says he "doesn't know" that Glenn can play LT in the NFL, not that he can't. Translation: Kiper thinks that Glenn probably will wind up moving to OG, but wouldn't be shocked if he made it at OT. He liked the pick, and liked Glenn at least as much as Jonathan Martin.

You're damn right we did! Drafting Cordy Glenn is like drafting a G and T. Talk about depth of OL? I don't care if this guy ever plays LT in the NFL, he's value x100 in my books. Can you imagine if a MAssie or Adams fell to us in the third?

If Adams keeps falling, I wouldn't mind trading up and grabbing him. I'm not as high on Massie.

Great pick. Love it. Tough to ask for 2 better picks at 10 and 41. Glenn played LT his senior season and is just scratching the surface of his potential. Most of all, all the so-called negatives about Glenn i'm reading are nothing more than some minor technique issues which can be taught.

There was/is only one position on the roster that we needed to draft a starter on day one. You know which one that is? A receiver. We have a legit #1 in Stevie. We have a strong number #3 in Nelson and then we have a bunch of fours and fives. We do not have a #2 receiver on this roster. Easley did look really good last year in pre season. I really feel like we messed up not getting Floyd. Or moving up on day 2 and getting quick out of appalachin state. That kid look like he would be the perfect fit in our system.

And as for Glynn. Sheesh. The stinch of Mike Williams is all over that pick. I am sure even Jamie Nails think this guy is too big and slow. I really hope they address the receiver void on this roster.

----------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me? This kid can't even play left tackle, he doesn't have the feet. A big blob that can't move. The Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin was still there why would they take Glenn over Martin?

To make matters worse the Jets got Stephen Hill. How can anyone cover this guy? At 6'4" he'll out jump you get the ball. And when he isn't out jumping you in the red zone he'll blow right by you with his 4.30 forty speed. Wait and see the Bills will NOT be able to cover this guy. They'll have to double cover him just to slow him down. I was stoked when they signed Mario Williams but now I'm losing all interest. New England and Jets are out drafting the Bills as usual and improving immensely.

Oh well, no playoffs AGAIN! Same old, same old. It really stinks to be a Bills fan unless you enjoy losing and finishing LAST.

I think the Jets and Pats have room on their bandwagon.

Nah, Kiper says he "doesn't know" that Glenn can play LT in the NFL, not that he can't. Translation: Kiper thinks that Glenn probably will wind up moving to OG, but wouldn't be shocked if he made it at OT. He liked the pick, and liked Glenn at least as much as Jonathan Martin.

Which is probably how a lot of people felt. If he was an obvious lt, he have gotten picked 20 picks ago. He is a good pick, but he needs some coaching.

MAyock says the same thing.

There was/is only one position on the roster that we needed to draft a starter on day one. You know which one that is? A receiver. We have a legit #1 in Stevie. We have a strong number #3 in Nelson and then we have a bunch of fours and fives. We do not have a #2 receiver on this roster. Easley did look really good last year in pre season. I really feel like we messed up not getting Floyd. Or moving up on day 2 and getting quick out of appalachin state. That kid look like he would be the perfect fit in our system.

And as for Glynn. Sheesh. The stinch of Mike Williams is all over that pick. I am sure even Jamie Nails think this guy is too big and slow. I really hope they address the receiver void on this roster.

Floyd would have been a big mistake. He is Josh Reed v2.0

I'd like to see a trade back into the 2nd for that. Hate waiting for a position that everyone knows we need and

seems to dry up by the time we get to it over the years.

rueben randle just keeps slipping......would be nice to make a move, but doesn't seem to be bills style

From baalworship over at Bills Zone - excerpt from GBN Senior Bowl report:

by Paul Guillemette, editor of Paul's Pigskin Place and GBN Special Scout with contributions from Colin Lindsay, GBN Editor and Publisher

On the other side of the line, is UGA’s Glenn, a sometime OG, sometime OT, who has shown an incredible blend of size and footwork. His massive size allows him to absorb the charge of defenders without losing his balance, while he is always leaning and bending forward, which allows him to use his massive girth and strength to great advantage. And once he absorbs the defenders first hit he is able to slide from side to side with ease. Indeed, few defenders got any penetration into the backfield when matched up against Glenn, although he did let Howard loose on a spin move early in the one-on-one drills. And given his footwork, it will be a surprise if any team at the next level would even consider moving him back inside to OG.

It's not a wise thing to jump to hasty conclusions in anything, let alone football player evaluations. But I feel pretty safe after this afternoon's practice in saying that the South has the two most imposing players in Mobile this week in Georgia OG Cordy Glenn and North Carolina DE Quinton Coples and it didn‘t appear that any of their teammates really wanted to go up against them in drills. So we suggested to South head coach Mike Shanahan that just maybe the should have the two go against each other in Wednesday‘s drills. He said to consider it a done deal.

Mike Shanahan wasn’t kidding last night when he promised that we would see more one-on-one match-ups between DE Quentin Coples and G/T Cordy Glenn, the two best players on the South team. True to his word, the two ended up facing each other on the first four snaps of the 11-on-11 session, while they also went head-to-head on a number of occasions in the one-on-one pass blocking drills. And while each had their moments, the overall decision goes to Glenn who was probably the best player on the field today. Glenn, who lined up primarily at OG the first couple of days at practice, played almost exclusively at LT today and stoned just about every DE he faced including Mel Ingram and Courtney Upshaw on more than one snap. And Glenn put the coup de grace on his performance late in the 11-on-11 session when the offense ran a sweep around his side. Glenn pulled around the TE, raced down field - guys that big are only supposed to lumber in space - and delivered a crunching block on a poor overmatched safety. . .

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

----------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me? This kid can't even play left tackle, he doesn't have the feet. A big blob that can't move. The Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin was still there why would they take Glenn over Martin?

To make matters worse the Jets got Stephen Hill. How can anyone cover this guy? At 6'4" he'll out jump you get the ball. And when he isn't out jumping you in the red zone he'll blow right by you with his 4.30 forty speed. Wait and see the Bills will NOT be able to cover this guy. They'll have to double cover him just to slow him down. I was stoked when they signed Mario Williams but now I'm losing all interest. New England and Jets are out drafting the Bills as usual and improving immensely.

Oh well, no playoffs AGAIN! Same old, same old. It really stinks to be a Bills fan unless you enjoy losing and finishing LAST.

Whoops. Congrats! You just moved up to # 1 for idiotic comments in this thread. Now you're losing interest? Man I hope I dont sit beside you at the stadium :pirate:

rueben randle just keeps slipping......would be nice to make a move, but doesn't seem to be bills style

Which is unfortunate, because he is probably the best WR in the draft other than Blackmon.

From baalworship over at Bills Zone - excerpt from GBN Senior Bowl report:

by Paul Guillemette, editor of Paul's Pigskin Place and GBN Special Scout with contributions from Colin Lindsay, GBN Editor and Publisher

On the other side of the line, is UGA’s Glenn, a sometime OG, sometime OT, who has shown an incredible blend of size and footwork. His massive size allows him to absorb the charge of defenders without losing his balance, while he is always leaning and bending forward, which allows him to use his massive girth and strength to great advantage. And once he absorbs the defenders first hit he is able to slide from side to side with ease. Indeed, few defenders got any penetration into the backfield when matched up against Glenn, although he did let Howard loose on a spin move early in the one-on-one drills. And given his footwork, it will be a surprise if any team at the next level would even consider moving him back inside to OG.

It's not a wise thing to jump to hasty conclusions in anything, let alone football player evaluations. But I feel pretty safe after this afternoon's practice in saying that the South has the two most imposing players in Mobile this week in Georgia OG Cordy Glenn and North Carolina DE Quinton Coples and it didn‘t appear that any of their teammates really wanted to go up against them in drills. So we suggested to South head coach Mike Shanahan that just maybe the should have the two go against each other in Wednesday‘s drills. He said to consider it a done deal.

Mike Shanahan wasn’t kidding last night when he promised that we would see more one-on-one match-ups between DE Quentin Coples and G/T Cordy Glenn, the two best players on the South team. True to his word, the two ended up facing each other on the first four snaps of the 11-on-11 session, while they also went head-to-head on a number of occasions in the one-on-one pass blocking drills. And while each had their moments, the overall decision goes to Glenn who was probably the best player on the field today. Glenn, who lined up primarily at OG the first couple of days at practice, played almost exclusively at LT today and stoned just about every DE he faced including Mel Ingram and Courtney Upshaw on more than one snap. And Glenn put the coup de grace on his performance late in the 11-on-11 session when the offense ran a sweep around his side. Glenn pulled around the TE, raced down field - guys that big are only supposed to lumber in space - and delivered a crunching block on a poor overmatched safety. . .

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

Orgasm.

"House" Ballard part 11 right tackle in the 90's, that is Cordy Glenn. Now lets go get a WR and Lt. and I'll be happy. I'm not saying its a bad pick, but we still need a left tackle. Not good againt speed rushers.

Edited by Hanoverbills