NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So one of the few good football writers around can also write basketball.

Barnwell on Clutch

What I find so funny, the media (okay, ESPN especially) kind of forces all of their talking heads to take some sort of stance on whatever the last thing that happened was. So, Miami got pummelled for nearly 48 hours, for losing 3 straght playoff games to an inferior oppenant...then, they blow Boston out, Lebron has a game for the ages, and then they same idiots "lecture" people about being "haters" and "doubters".

I obviously want Boston to win tomorrow night, and the way James left Cleveland was a big turn-off for me, as I really liked him before that. But all this "choker" stuff in nonsense. I am not ready to say he is the greatest NBA basketball player of all time...but he is damn good...I don't think any team wouldn't want him...hell, even the Cavs would take him back in a heartbeat. He is young, and growing up. All in all, he represents himself, and his team well.

What I find so funny, the media (okay, ESPN especially) kind of forces all of their talking heads to take some sort of stance on whatever the last thing that happened was. So, Miami got pummelled for nearly 48 hours, for losing 3 straght playoff games to an inferior oppenant...then, they blow Boston out, Lebron has a game for the ages, and then they same idiots "lecture" people about being "haters" and "doubters".

I obviously want Boston to win tomorrow night, and the way James left Cleveland was a big turn-off for me, as I really liked him before that. But all this "choker" stuff in nonsense. I am not ready to say he is the greatest NBA basketball player of all time...but he is damn good...I don't think any team wouldn't want him...hell, even the Cavs would take him back in a heartbeat. He is young, and growing up. All in all, he represents himself, and his team well.

They buried the Heat after the Pacers went up 2-1, too. It's ridiculous. They talk about firing Spo, etc. like the season was already over.

Heat

Stand by it? Good first half. celtics have the attitude and hustle I expected. If the legs hold up and the refs don't nail them they should keep it a real good game. Heat will make a run sometme soon

Edited by NoSaint

Stand by it? Good first half. celtics have the attitude and hustle I expected. If the legs hold up and the refs don't nail them they should keep it a real good game. Heat will make a run sometme soon

As great as Lebron played in game six, the Celtics had lots of great shot opportunities in that game...they just didn't hit them...that game could have been far different...C's are hitting them tonight. This 3rd Qtr is huge.

3 on Pierce, 3 on KG

And here's the run. If they can stop them here without letting the heat build a lead it'll be a good finish. Heat get to about a 5 point cushion if be real worried for the celts. If the celts can stop the run and not pickup a foul for a few mins I like their odds a lot. BIG stretch here.

Yeap :)

The Thunder just became my favorite team!

Going to be a great series. This is the one I wanted. 2 most talented teams. I would have given slight edge to OKC given deeper bench, but Heat really grew this series with lebron dominating game 6 and turning it on in game 7 facing elimination, and bosh hitting the clutch 3's.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Same here. It's tiring watching Wade and James whine like children on the rare occasion that calls don't go their way.

BTW, James shot 17 FTs tonight, the entire Celtics team, 15.

I have two NBA questions for all y'all:

1. I noticed tonight that when a team had the ball in the offensive end and got fouled the shot clock did not re-set to 24. It happened once to each team when I was watching. When it happened to Boston they ended up barely getting a shot off before the buzzer. Miami ended up getting theirs off somewhat easily. Was this a rule change? I thought a foul gave a new shot clock. Was it just a mistake by the clock operator?

2. Who is that strange strange strange chick that did the interviews after the gam?. She spoke with about 15 people and i don't think she ever moved her mouth once. I hate to rush to judgment based on initial impressions, but given her demeanor, her interaction with the people and her cold, callous calculated movements, I think there is a distinct possibility that she is a cereal killer.

Same here. It's tiring watching Wade and James whine like children on the rare occasion that calls don't go their way.

BTW, James shot 17 FTs tonight, the entire Celtics team, 15.

The only reason I wouldn't want the Thunder to win is because of Clay Bennett, but LeBron and Wade piss me off so much that I wan't them to lose.

I have two NBA questions for all y'all:

1. I noticed tonight that when a team had the ball in the offensive end and got fouled the shot clock did not re-set to 24. It happened once to each team when I was watching. When it happened to Boston they ended up barely getting a shot off before the buzzer. Miami ended up getting theirs off somewhat easily. Was this a rule change? I thought a foul gave a new shot clock. Was it just a mistake by the clock operator?

2. Who is that strange strange strange chick that did the interviews after the gam?. She spoke with about 15 people and i don't think she ever moved her mouth once. I hate to rush to judgment based on initial impressions, but given her demeanor, her interaction with the people and her cold, callous calculated movements, I think there is a distinct possibility that she is a cereal killer.

She is. Captain Crunch, Tony the Tiger, and both Snap & Crackle have been victims.

She's clearly proof that aliens are interbreeding with Canadians.

You got that right, triple-B!

Best line of the night: "I'm proud of these brothers." -Eric Spoelstra

You got that right, triple-B!

Best line of the night: "I'm proud of these brothers." -Eric Spoelstra

And, you were right when you said that you were torn about tonight's game. When I thought that Celtics were going to win, I said now I won't even be interested in the Finals.........Now I'm all in!

I don't get it.

You know when you'll get it?

When your head is rolling down the stairs, along with Count Chocula's.