My take on the Bills 2012 Draft

No offense to anyone here but I am a bit worried that out front office people evidently read this board and actually do things based on what they see here. It seems cool at first blush, but when you think about it, it might not be the best idea. I know we can't afford to spend big $ on scouts like other teams but I really hope we are not all part of the scouting department.

Below is my overall take on the draft:

1. Gilmore - Buddy got the best guy available and at a position of need. A total home run and maybe one of only 3 or 4 picks he made on his own along with the paid staff.

2. Glenn - Today's NFL does not really need as many or as skilled lineman as in year's past, there are many analogies I could provide to describe why but Glenn still makes sense here. Despite his size he is versatile and can move reasonably well. It also avoided having this web site explode if we picked up another DB which would have been a good football choice. The explosion was simmering but the time wasn't right because there was another pick to be had on Friday night......

......3. TJ Graham - Whereas the Glenn pick was influenced by TBD; I think the Graham pick was 100% driven by TBD. I love that Buddy Nix has a sense of humor. I really do. I got a huge kick out of this pick but to take a guy that nobody has ever heard of just so he can watch Bill in NYC write hundreds of posts using the words "smurf"; "Roscoe"; "Spiller" and the like I think was taking it too far for a 3rd round pick. Doing this with one of the 4ths would have sufficed although I have to admit the throw in of the meaningless 7th to move up two spots and set off a proverbial mushroom cloud over Manhattan was hilarious. Bravo Buddy. I especially liked Chan's presser using all sorts of Bill in NYC trigger words. Awesome. Does Tgreg write this stuff?

4A. Nigel Bradham - I think the staff did this on their own and hope they got it right. He seems like a big dude and is not related to anyone that played in the NFL and does not have a cool nickname. No one on here had ever heard of him so I think along with Gilmore he was our best pick.

4B. Ron Brooks - Another solid pick. He played behind both Claiborne and Mathieu so he had no real chance at being named Honey Badger for 2011-12 but still the DBs at LSU were deep and maybe he is a hidden gem at the most important position on the field in today's NFL. This pick reminds me a lot of Matt Cassel so even if he sucks like Cassel we might be able to hide him on the roster and trade him for a first like NE did.

5A. Zebrie Sanders - At this point Buddy may have been surfing along on cable TV or maybe on the can reading the sports page so he just yelled out from the stall "pick whoever is on the top of Mel's best available list but make sure it is an OL". I hoped this wasn't influenced by the kid's neato first name until........

......5B. Tank Carder. This pick killed about 93 birds with one stone. Pick a cool nickname.....check. Pick someone that EVERYBODY on TBD had on their mock drafts after we famously whiffed on Casey Matthews in the 4th last year and couldn't swing the trade for the Bradham pick.........check. Pick someone seen as a fourth or fifth rounder primarily because he has a cool name and was on TV a lot even though he has no shot at the next level.......check. Pick somebody that will take the heat off the stars at autograph time for the first 9 days of training camp before we cut him......check. Make sure he is at a "position of need"......check. Make sure he has some cool eclectic hobby like jumping out of pools or being humongously fat like Jasper or standing still and jumping really high like Wendling but make it something totally new; wait he plays cello or whatever that thing is.....perfect get him........check. This may have been the single best public relations draft pick in the history of sports. If he had self promotional hair like Polomalu he would have been our pick in the 2nd over Glenn.

6. Mark Asper. The pizza is here? FINALLY. Littman told me I can't tip the delivery kid so just let him make the next pick. Show him the alphabetical list and tell him to make it quick. We are on the clock. And Russ please get that Broccoli slice away from me; what are you a girl?

7. John Potter. Crap. The delivery kid picked a lineman? We only have one pick left and we are going to have to do something really special to annoy Bill here. I called Minnie Minoso and he said no. Can anyone think of something?

......3. TJ Graham - Whereas the Glenn pick was influenced by TBD; I think the Graham pick was 100% driven by TBD. I love that Buddy Nix has a sense of humor. I really do. I got a huge kick out of this pick but to take a guy that nobody has ever heard of just so he can watch Bill in NYC write hundreds of posts using the words "smurf"; "Roscoe"; "Spiller" and the like I think was taking it too far for a 3rd round pick. Doing this with one of the 4ths would have sufficed although I have to admit the throw in of the meaningless 7th to move up two spots and set off a proverbial mushroom cloud over Manhattan was hilarious. Bravo Buddy. I especially liked Chan's presser using all sorts of Bill in NYC trigger words. Awesome. Does Tgreg write this stuff?

......5B. Tank Carder. This pick killed about 93 birds with one stone. Pick a cool nickname.....check. Pick someone that EVERYBODY on TBD had on their mock drafts after we famously whiffed on Casey Matthews in the 4th last year and couldn't swing the trade for the Bradham pick.........check. Pick someone seen as a fourth or fifth rounder primarily because he has a cool name and was on TV a lot even though he has no shot at the next level.......check. Pick somebody that will take the heat off the stars at autograph time for the first 9 days of training camp before we cut him......check. Make sure he is at a "position of need"......check. Make sure he has some cool eclectic hobby like jumping out of pools or being humongously fat like Jasper or standing still and jumping really high like Wendling but make it something totally new; wait he plays cello or whatever that thing is.....perfect get him........check. This may have been the single best public relations draft pick in the history of sports. If he had self promotional hair like Polomalu he would have been our pick in the 2nd over Glenn.

Great stuff!! :D

No offense to anyone here but I am a bit worried that out front office people evidently read this board and actually do things based on what they see here. It seems cool at first blush, but when you think about it, it might not be the best idea. I know we can't afford to spend big $ on scouts like other teams but I really hope we are not all part of the scouting department.

Below is my overall take on the draft:

1. Gilmore - Buddy got the best guy available and at a position of need. A total home run and maybe one of only 3 or 4 picks he made on his own along with the paid staff.

2. Glenn - Today's NFL does not really need as many or as skilled lineman as in year's past, there are many analogies I could provide to describe why but Glenn still makes sense here. Despite his size he is versatile and can move reasonably well. It also avoided having this web site explode if we picked up another DB which would have been a good football choice. The explosion was simmering but the time wasn't right because there was another pick to be had on Friday night......

4A. Nigel Bradham - I think the staff did this on their own and hope they got it right. He seems like a big dude and is not related to anyone that played in the NFL and does not have a cool nickname. No one on here had ever heard of him so I think along with Gilmore he was our best pick.

4B. Ron Brooks - Another solid pick. He played behind both Claiborne and Mathieu so he had no real chance at being named Honey Badger for 2011-12 but still the DBs at LSU were deep and maybe he is a hidden gem at the most important position on the field in today's NFL. This pick reminds me a lot of Matt Cassel so even if he sucks like Cassel we might be able to hide him on the roster and trade him for a first like NE did.

5A. Zebrie Sanders - At this point Buddy may have been surfing along on cable TV or maybe on the can reading the sports page so he just yelled out from the stall "pick whoever is on the top of Mel's best available list but make sure it is an OL". I hoped this wasn't influenced by the kid's neato first name until........

6. Mark Asper. The pizza is here? FINALLY. Littman told me I can't tip the delivery kid so just let him make the next pick. Show him the alphabetical list and tell him to make it quick. We are on the clock. And Russ please get that Broccoli slice away from me; what are you a girl?

7. John Potter. Crap. The delivery kid picked a lineman? We only have one pick left and we are going to have to do something really special to annoy Bill here. I called Minnie Minoso and he said no. Can anyone think of something?

Hilarious. If we ever have a TBD hall of fame, I'm nominating ieatcrayonz for the inaugaural membership.

You are out of your mind if you think anyone of import reads TBD.

The only reason Graham was a surprise because we, collectively, know a fraction of what NFL front offices do.

Don't kid yourself.

......5B. Tank Carder. This pick killed about 93 birds with one stone. Pick a cool nickname.....check. Pick someone that EVERYBODY on TBD had on their mock drafts after we famously whiffed on Casey Matthews in the 4th last year and couldn't swing the trade for the Bradham pick.........check. Pick someone seen as a fourth or fifth rounder primarily because he has a cool name and was on TV a lot even though he has no shot at the next level.......check. Pick somebody that will take the heat off the stars at autograph time for the first 9 days of training camp before we cut him give him a multi year contract extension......check. Make sure he is at a "position of need"......check. Make sure he has some cool eclectic hobby like jumping out of pools or being humongously fat like Jasper or standing still and jumping really high like Wendling but make it something totally new; wait he plays cello or whatever that thing is.....perfect get him........check. This may have been the single best public relations draft pick in the history of sports. If he had self promotional hair like Polomalu he would have been our pick in the 2nd over Glenn.

I have just looked up Tank Carder on the internet and discovered he is white. I have edited my post above to reflect this new knowledge.

The only reason Graham was a surprise because we, collectively, know a fraction of what NFL front offices do.

Don't kid yourself.

You have been a member since 2010 and you still fall for a crayonz post? :doh:

:lol: Crayonz, you are a first ballot TBD hall of famer.

Don't kid yourself.

It's always nice to see someone new introduced to crayonz

As I think you know, I admire your work. Once, we lost a game and you posted that it was GOOD. My daughter (a Bills fan but not as nuts as us) called me on the phone and told me that someone posted how losing a game helped us, and wanted to know how this could be. I asked her who posted this. She went to the board and said,"ieatcrayonz." She was hysterical, and btw she is an lawyer and an Ivy League grad. But you had her all confused. :D

This time, I think that I let YOU down. I was comparatively tame even with Gilmore (and I don't like the pick at all), and never commented about Graham. In fact, I think that DC Tom is pissed at me for being so mature and civil.

Either way, keep it coming!!! :thumbsup: You are only a step below Hogboy, who is the all time great troll. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC