So who is Buddy talking about at QB?

eball

When asked about the Bills not drafting a QB Buddy had this response:

"We’re going to get one in free agency. We’re going to bring in a quarter back and we think a good one. We were poised to draft one and he just wasn’t there."

My gut is they were going to draft Cousins in the 4th, but Shanny made that ridiculous decision to give RGIII "competition" and snagged him first.

No idea who they might be talking about to bring in.

"We’re going to get one in free agency. We’re going to bring in a quarter back and we think a good one. We were poised to draft one and he just wasn’t there."

My gut is they were going to draft Cousins in the 4th, but Shanny made that ridiculous decision to give RGIII "competition" and snagged him first.

Aaron Corp Richmond, formerly USC. Some comparisons to being Brady-like. Seems like a good pickup.

Aaron Corp is awful. Mentioning him in the same sentence with Alex Van Pelt would be ridiculous. He got his shot at USC and failed miserably then transferred. Brady? :lol:

He never got a shot lol he started 1 college game for USC in which he never was announced the starter and didn't receive starting practice reps during the week. I'm still not saying he can be mentioned in the same league as Brady but he did go and play very well at Richmond when he transferred.

Edited by billsFORlife50

Aaron Corp is awful. Mentioning him in the same sentence with Alex Van Pelt would be ridiculous. He got his shot at USC and failed miserably then transferred. Brady? :lol:

He was the starter in spring until he broke his leg. After that Barkley got the job. So he transferred to Richmond. Big difference between USC and Richmond. It doesn't mean he is terrible. He didn't have the talent around him.

Give the kid a break.

However, with that said, the odds aren't in his favor.

According to the draft profile on NFL.com, he failed miserably by breaking his left fibula and later injured his knee.

If you've actually seen him play, I defer to your evidence - can you share what is awful about him?

This is what the draft profile has to say. The one thing I take out of it is, if we're hoping for a strong-armed deep threat it ain't him.

Overview

Corp has completely transformed his game at Richmond since transferring from USC in 2009, where he competed with Matt Barkley before breaking his left fibula. Long marketed as a dual-threat quarterback with speed, Corp overcame a knee injury in his redshirt junior season that changed him into a more stoic pocket passer who has had to rely on his accuracy and judgment. This bodes well for his NFL-draft status; Corp could be selected in a middle or late round.

Analysis

Strengths

Corp is smart with the ball and a good game-manager. He has a history of being a good athlete and is good when throwing the ball on the run. He is a West Coast-type quarterback who understands offenses and route progressions and can pick his spots as a passer. He is accurate at short distances and athletic in his pass set.

Weaknesses

Corp used to be a threat with his legs. His injuries have entirely changed his game and limited his athletic ability. His arm strength is a question mark and his overall size and strength will need to be developed at the next level to compete. He is a definite project.

There is a Boston Herald article from two days ago making the comparison to Brady. Not warranting the comparison, just that it was made.

I follow USC very closely. He was always underwhelming at USC regardless of injury. He had his shot when Barkley went down and had a terrible game against Washington. Never played again. He was more of a running/dual threat coming out of High School and never could make the transition to a pro style offense. Useless signing IMO. Kellen Moore is 1000 times the QB he is.

Edited by John Cocktosten

According to NFL.com here are the FA QBs available*:

Kyle Boller

Mark Brunell

Rudy Carpenter

Kerry Collins

Jake Delhomme

Dennis Dixon

AJ Feeley

Jeff Garcia

Jon Kitna

Luke McCown

Donovan McNabb

Kevin O'Connell

Curtis Painter

Chad Pennington

Billy Volek

Vince Young

* I left off JP Losman and Trent Edwards for obvious reasons.

I'm wondering if Buddy would have taken Nick Foles with our first 4th round pick (105th overall) if the Eagles hadn't taken him late in the 3rd (88th overall).

(Personally, I still think it was Foles the Bills were targeting, but hoping he would last another couple of rounds and grabbing him maybe in the 5th or 6th rounds.)

Can't wait to see which free agent QB (or QBs) Buddy has in mind...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Kyle Boller

Mark Brunell

Rudy Carpenter

Kerry Collins

Jake Delhomme

Dennis Dixon

AJ Feeley

Jeff Garcia

Jon Kitna

Luke McCown

Donovan McNabb

Kevin O'Connell

Curtis Painter

Chad Pennington

Billy Freaking Volek

Vince Young

I edited your list, since that's the only way I can reference Volek ever since he single-handedly cost me a FFB championship the year he was put in to give the starter a rest and absolutely lit it up.

That's a pretty terrible list, by the way. Corp must have been the FA QB Buddy was referencing.

Kyle Boller

Mark Brunell

Rudy Carpenter

Kerry Collins

Jake Delhomme

Dennis Dixon

AJ Feeley

Jeff Garcia

Jon Kitna

Luke McCown

Donovan McNabb

Kevin O'Connell

Curtis Painter

Chad Pennington

Billy Volek

Vince Young

Good grief, most of those guys are ready for the glue factory.

But I'm always in favor of signing Jeff Garcia so we can see pictures of his wife wearing Bills gear.

Kyle Boller

Mark Brunell

Rudy Carpenter

Kerry Collins

Jake Delhomme

Dennis Dixon

AJ Feeley

Jeff Garcia

Jon Kitna

Luke McCown

Donovan McNabb

Kevin O'Connell

Curtis Painter

Chad Pennington

Billy Volek

Vince Young

Thanks for compiling, Nanker,

Yeah that is one ugly list.

Could have been tannehill at 10, Foles or cousins at 4a.

Would have loved to seen a big guy with a canon like Foles. Freaking eagles !

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack