Easley

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easly doesn't have a bad heart, he had an irregular heart beat, which is usually well controlled with medication, as was his case.

Where did you hear that? And what does he have, a-fib?

How did Evans 'supreme hands' look in the AFC Championsip game? Easley is at least as viable as any draft pick after the top 2 WR's this year.

what are you saying exactly? that one drop(actually a strip) means he has bad hands? He has several years of excellent catches of the 50 yards through-the-air type. Johnson by comparison had two "drops", you know, the kind where no ones around him and he just plain dropped em. Evans got hit in his facemask on the play and then the db swatted the ball straight down out of his hands. Drop or not at least there was a man there contesting the pass, who knocked the ball out of SJ's hands when we lost against the jets and steelers?

When people use the exception to prove the rule it proves nothing, except maybe that they are completely wrong. So do you dislike johnson too? since hes had twice as many game losing drops as evans and very very few game winners...like evans has.

so ya, evans hands look pretty good, if you have a memory that goes back farther than one season.

Easley hasn't played in how many years? When was the last time he's played a full length season. What kinda condition is he in right now? Highly doubt he's in any shape to play a 16 game season. I'm sure he's been liftin weights and running windsprints but that doesn't prepare you to play in the reg. season. I wouldn't count on him making an immediate impact.

[/quote

Id like to know more about the heart issue then has been let out......but the fact that Marcus is still on the team and did not receive a injury settlement and released makes me believe that the bills believe in HIM.

As far as being in shape....I bet that Marcus is in phenominal shape....based on what I saw from him last off season i see a guy that has been dealt some bad hands.....but takes his conditioning very seriously the guy looked like Terrel Owens last year

I actually liked Evans a lot, but I never equated him with 'supreme hands'. I felt very badly for him after the drop, but he has not been on the team in over a year and is old news. I prefer to give the current roster the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Easley has shown flashes and hopefully he works out this year, if not, Evans is still not the answer...

Maybe I'm clueless... but I don't recall Jones ever looking like a legit #2. Its because of his drops, poor effort and injuries that we need a WR so badly now. Of all the WRs currently on the roster, he's the first one I'd like to see cut.

He started very well, and ended poorly, in large part due to injuries, IMO.

Here's a thread back from November, and I recall at the time the fans and the rest of the team were really high on him.

I really liked what he brought to the table; with some more consistent play, he's the ideal #2.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/123529-donald-jones/page__p__2039833__hl__%22donald+jones%22__fromsearch__1#entry2039833

Before he was put on IR it was reported he had an irregular heart beat, which is often but, not always A-fib. It seemed a shirt period after being put on IR that reports of his condition being stablized surfaced.

I didn't hear definitive reports of an irregular heart beat. What I was hearing was an ASD. And if it's a-fib, I wonder whether it was paroxysmal and went away (although it could come back), whether he was cardioverted, or whether he's still in it and on aspirin?

What's with all of the claims that Easley has had repeated injuries? He took one unlucky hit and had a heart ailment that is now under control. In number of games played he is a rookie but he knows the offense so he is way ahead of any rookie coming in. I think he can be productive this year and just might surprise us. Maybe he'll never be the #2 but with his speed he can be the deep threat we need.

I was hoping Easly would be big for us as well, and maybe he will. The one thing that ticked me off was the FO putting him on IR last year for a condition that was quickly corrected with some medication. He lost a whole season for nothing. I could be wrong but it seemed he was cast aside to make room for Ruvel Martin. If so thats sad.

I always wondered about that as well.

yes please lets hang our WR hopes on a kid who has never played an actual NFL down...whose college production was minimal, and has repeated injury and health problems...

dont get me wrong, I like him and hope like hell he can have an impact...but my hopes arent high for him this year...hopefully this WR we just drafted is the real deal, otherwise I have a feeling we will be looking at Stevie and Trash again this season

:thumbdown:

i have been saying this all year :thumbsup: he is my breakout player this year, last year a heart aliment held him out after he was playing lights out in the preseason this is going to be his 3rd year in the league and wr normally breakout in year 3.....stevie did and now we replaced Parrish we are going to be ok on offense LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

:thumbsup::beer:

I didn't hear definitive reports of an irregular heart beat. What I was hearing was an ASD. And if it's a-fib, I wonder whether it was paroxysmal and went away (although it could come back), whether he was cardioverted, or whether he's still in it and on aspirin?

Could you imagine the bounties if the Saints knew he is on ASA?

if being out of postion and having poor hands and making routine catches look like a chore= legit #2 then yes...donald duck looked legit.

The only legit #2 we have on the team is SJ.

Easley is the offenses version of yobouty, a guy drafted and then constantly hurt but teasing us every year that he'll be the guy.

we will see this year about easley....if not dont count on graham, hes a "one trick pony, deep threat guy" why did we draft him after everyone said evans was all of those things? except evans had supreme hands and this guys knock is he drops balls.

Yeah you say the only legit #2 we have on the team is SJ. So 2100 yards and 17 td's in two seasons makes you a number 2 guy in your book? Last year he ranked 19th in the NFL for yards, and the year before he was 11th best in the league in yards, and only SIX receivers in the NFL had more TD's than he did two years ago. (hint: it wasn't Andre Johnson or Maclin or Miles Austin, Welker, Fitgerald etc)

But you say he's just a number two huh? Why because Revis shut him down last year? Oh wait no that didn't happen either.

Easley hasn't played in how many years? When was the last time he's played a full length season. What kinda condition is he in right now? Highly doubt he's in any shape to play a 16 game season. I'm sure he's been liftin weights and running windsprints but that doesn't prepare you to play in the reg. season. I wouldn't count on him making an immediate impact.

Id like to know more about the heart issue then has been let out......but the fact that Marcus is still on the team and did not receive a injury settlement and released makes me believe that the bills believe in HIM.

As far as being in shape....I bet that Marcus is in phenominal shape....based on what I saw from him last off season i see a guy that has been dealt some bad hands.....but takes his conditioning very seriously the guy looked like Terrel Owens last year

You can be in shape to run a freakin marathon but being in football shape is completely different. Guess you don't know the difference.

I am quietly confident he might really contribute to this team, we literally have nothing to lose as a team to see if he might be another "SJ" type of gem. I really like what little I saw of him last preseason.

I think the biggest vote of confidence is the lack of top 10-15 WRs the bills seemed to be interested in, and only had 2 prospects in to work out for them officially, so I hope this is a precursor to Marcus, and others on the team that have gotten healthy.

You can be in shape to run a freakin marathon but being in football shape is completely different. Guess you don't know the difference.

There's this thing called traing camp. And preseason. Maybe you've heard of them?

He'll be in plenty good football shape come September...

There's this thing called traing camp. And preseason. Maybe you've heard of them?

He'll be in plenty good football shape come September...

So, two years of precious little practice, and zero regular season experience running routes or absorbing contact doesn't concern you at all? You guys are certifiable if you're expecting greatness from Easley. I wish him all the best but I'll be pissed if the bills don't have a Plan A.