RD 4, Pick #124: CB Ron Brooks - LSU

SDS

Watching highlights (in this case, not video), he's definitely a quick-twitch and a natural ball athlete. He looks tailor-made for slot corner and reminds me a lot of former Bills DB Tony Greene although a bit bigger all around.

Clearly he is a special teams gunner extraordinaire and his speed and quickness are deadly on the slot corner blitz (unblockable).

I didn't see him block any punts but it looks like he would be exceptional at it.

All of the Bills picks have a strong chance of contributing as rookies.

The first two guys are starters, the 3rd round wideout will get lots of reps in passing down sub packages, the first fourth rounder will challenge for a starting spot (over Morrison) and this kid Brooks looks to be perfectly suited for nickel corner playing the slot

The Bills are suddenly quite deep at cornerback.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop bringing up facts - it interferes with the fantasies around here.

Two guys that will most likely be out of the league in 2-3 years

Thanks for contributing informed views.

It's alright to say you don't like a pick.

But to not back it up with anything other than useless, negative comments?

Big fail, guys.

I'm sorry for your misery.

No shame in Brooks not starting behind the 6th overall pick this year and a 1st round pick next year. The guy looks likea playmaker. Our special teams just got better too with Brooks and Nigel.

I honestly feel and get the impression that buddy nix is purposely trying to rebuild the Bills around aggressive athletic and physical players. I think they have a clear image what type of team they want to resemble

I agree. There's a coherent vision… you sense the blueprint underneath the picks both in the plan drawings and the detail drawings.

These days you clearly need two different types of corners. Guys that can play inside and guys that can play outside. Superior players can do both, but slot corners are a very valuable position, and Brooks looks very good at that position. I didnt really want a couple corners for this season, but for the future, Williams, Gilmore and Brooks look very very good.

I don't really like Rogers much as a long term guy. Florence is over-rated. McGee is a ?. McLuvin is gone after this year, and maybe before the end of his contract. Brooks and Gilmore are locks to make the team, IMO. I doubt you could even stash Brooks on the PS. We will likely keep 6 CBs now. But Rogers or Leodis could be out. Depends on McGee's health, too.