RD 4, Pick #124: CB Ron Brooks - LSU

SDS

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy will be better than Claiborne - mark my words.

And I'm not saying this because one of the reasons is that he is a Buffalo Bill. I'm saying it because it is the only reason.

wow...strong statement - how can you back it up ?

Everyone say bye bye to Reggie Corner:

STRENGTHS

Brooks is athletic, knows how to cover receivers out of the slot and takes full advantage of his hip mobility and flexibility. He is a quick-twitch athlete with noticeable explosiveness. He is effective in coverage and can blitz when given the chance to rush full-speed from the edge. He can make plays all over the field, whether as a nickel corner, an offbeat edge rusher, or a gunner/cover man on special teams.

Everyone say bye bye to Reggie Corner:

STRENGTHS

Brooks is athletic, knows how to cover receivers out of the slot and takes full advantage of his hip mobility and flexibility. He is a quick-twitch athlete with noticeable explosiveness. He is effective in coverage and can blitz when given the chance to rush full-speed from the edge. He can make plays all over the field, whether as a nickel corner, an offbeat edge rusher, or a gunner/cover man on special teams.

He isn't on the roster anymore. We are probably saying goodbye to McKelvin or Rogers.

At the NFL Combine, he tore off a blistering 4.37 40-yard dash (5th-best overall), broad jumped 10 feet and recorded a 38-inch vertical. As these numbers suggest, he's got electric speed and explosion. And, something NFL teams are sure to value: on tape, Brooks repeatedly makes plays, whether it be working as a nickel corner, an edge blitzer, or as a special teams gunner. As evidence, here's a career highlight video [see earlier in this thread](watch him lay some wood on special teams!).

The knock on Brooks primarily focus on his inexperience; he has started only two career games, both when filling in for injured teammate Tyran Matthieu. In his limited opportunities, however, he has, frankly, been awesome: in 2011, he returned both of his interceptions for touchdowns (and is 3 for 3 in his career). . .

As Brooks's game lines attest, he has been a big-time playmaker during his college career - when he's been on the field.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/4/24/2964793/cowboys-2012-draft-prospects-lsu-cb-ron-brooks

He isn't on the roster anymore. We are probably saying goodbye to McKelvin or Rogers.

I liked Rogers. Is he still PS eligible? Say we keep Williams, Gilmore, Florence, McGee, McKelvin and Brooks on the active roster. I pretty much expect McGee to get hurt so having Rogers waiting on PS would be great.