Anyone else really happy??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I like the first 2 picks, after being on the floyd bandwagon, and hearing buddy talk up how we need a big time stretch the field go up an get the ball WR i dont get the roscoe pick.. we'll have to see on that. I look to the bills to go defense again with audie cole or nigel bradham as there both good value here and fill a need, also would like another CB in josh noorman, best ball hawking shutdown CB left, would be a nice 3 CB's for years to come. Then in the 5th if mcnutt is still there get him for our big guy. Then another OT like brown or potter or mccants, then bj coleman for our QB and ill be verrrry happy

Edited by sharebear

Some of u guys are talking about Graham like he can't catch a ball, he can fly and I mean FLY. U need a person to go over the top to cover what happens when someone leaves to cover him space is created and that's where our other receivers comes into play.

Also if someone is crowding the box on FJ or CJ then audible a deep ball and if he gets off the line well then he is away nobody catches him.

He is also not afaird to go over the middle (Roscoe wouldn't go over the middle mainly due to injuries) so quick little in routes make a person miss is what he is able to do.

Edited by aussiebills

I can't complain. I'm not crazy about CBs in R1, but Gilmore was a solid pick and should be a good player at a position of need. I don't know if Cordy Glenn will be a LT or not, but I'm not sure I care, either. He'll be a quality starter at RG or RT even if he doesn't make it at LT, and that's perfectly fine with me. As for TJ Graham, yeah, I expected him to go a couple of rounds later than he did, but I'm not stupid enough to claim I know more about a somewhat obscure draft prospect than the Bills scouts. If they think he's worth a 3rd, maybe he was. I'm willing to give them, and Graham, the benefit of the doubt. The same ones complaining about Graham now would have been screaming 'REAAAACCCHHH!!!' had the Bills selected Steve Johnson in the 3rd round back in '08. Of course, we all know differently now, don't we?

I think the front office has done a good job of recognizing the weaknesses on the team and have tried to address them in an intelligent way. Did not reach with the first pick, and got by all estimates a very good CB at a position of somewhat need. Got lucky when Glenn fell and got the BPA at a position of great need. As to Graham, seems like a bit of a reach BUT clearly a position of huge need-- a speed WR. We got boatloads of posession receivers like a Sanu of Rutgers (who was still available) and I have not looked but I doubt there was much better available with the third pick in terms of speed. On third and 6, if Graham can just sprint down the sideline every time and clear out space, he's probably worth the pick. And if he can do more, as the FO seems to think, then it is gravy in my book. They need to create more fear of a deep threat to make the rhythm passing attack of Gailey work more efficiently.

So they've tried to address the problems. The FO does not appear clueless as in the past with other regimes. So I am happy. Some LBs and more OLs today and I'd likely be very happy. As to whether these guys are actually any good, only time will tell, but the new FO seems pretty saavy so I am optimistic. CD

I like what we did.

Like I said before, We could have drafted luck and some people on this site would still B word.

Can't make everyone happy

Me too. And I agree. Some people piss in their own cornflakes and complain about it to the world - loudly.

The first pick was sensible and from the accounts I've read, no one was on the phone trying to move up to #10.

Glenn is a very good player and I expect a lot from him. He's got a great attitude and he's a Nix kind of football player.

Was a wee mite disappointed at first with the TJ pick, but he's fast and you can't coach speed.

I'm thinking OLB and OT are the next picks - probably wrong, often am.

Three definite areas of need, definitely addressed.

I mean they obviously had sanu if they wanted as well as some other prospects but they must have specifically wanted a speed receiver to stretch rather than the newer version of David Nelson or Derek Hagan, already on the squad.

I think they get an A for the first 2 picks. It will be a good battle at LT between Hairston and Glenn, and whoever loses becomes the swing tackle on game day since they can both play either side. Don't know that Graham can come in and contribute this year since they say he is a little raw. I suppose if he's simply running a fly, there's not much to learn... :thumbsup:

Just a nice wide smile at this offseason coupled with the first 3 rounds of this draft. Secondary, bolstered. Offensive line, strengthened and solidified. Wide receiver corps, outside deep threat added. 4 of our 6 remaining picks are within the next 50 picks. Zubaz might even come out on sunday if tomrrw goes well.

I think the first 2 picks make the team better right away; definite upgrade over the 2011 season. TJ will have the opportunity to show that he was worth the 3rd round selection. Hope to see us add a LB today, another OL, and another CB. Anyone who can improve our special teams and back up a starter would also be a plus. Today should be a great day for the Bills!

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Just a nice wide smile at this offseason coupled with the first 3 rounds of this draft. Secondary, bolstered. Offensive line, strengthened and solidified. Wide receiver corps, outside deep threat added. 4 of our 6 remaining picks are within the next 50 picks. Zubaz might even come out on sunday if tomrrw goes well.

I"m really good with the first 2 picks.

I'm kind of surprised by the 3rd round pick, but on the other hand I like it - it shows that Buddy is not too hidebound to trade up when he has reason, and that he must really really like this kid.

He ought to fit in well with the rest of the Bills 'no name' receiver crowd, but give us some burner speed.

The same ones complaining about Graham now would have been screaming 'REAAAACCCHHH!!!' had the Bills selected Steve Johnson in the 3rd round back in '08. Of course, we all know differently now, don't we?

Can't argue with that! I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised with TJ.