Same Old Same Old

My impression of the draft so far is that Chan and Buddy think they are smarter than everyone else, same as our wonderful former GM Tom Donahoe.

1. They take a left tackle no one thinks can play left tackle when there are at least 2 more polished left tackles still out there.

2.They draft a nobody wide receiver whose only asset is speed and who will not play for us this year AND THEY TRADED UP TO GET HIM!

3. This despite glaring needs at other positions, such as QB and linebacker.

For all those who trust in Buddy, haven't we seen this before?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1335582982[/url]' post='2450447']

My impression of the draft so far is that Chan and Buddy think they are smarter than everyone else, same as our wonderful former GM Tom Donahoe.

1. They take a left tackle no one thinks can play left tackle when there are at least 2 more polished left tackles still out there.

2.They draft a nobody wide receiver whose only asset is speed and who will not play for us this year AND THEY TRADED UP TO GET HIM!

Still on the board says it all.

The only "immediate need," or hole was LT. everything else that we "needed" was either depth or upgrade. Like, we don't have an immediate need at qb.... but having an upgrade would do us wonders. the only other one that you can argue for an imediate need would be LB. So LB is definently what we need most right now, but it wouldn't kill us if we just drafted more recievers, tackles, QB, or an RB for special teams or whatever.

Don't complain about this unless you have specific players in mind the Bills should have drafted and reasons why they would be better than the player selected.

I think it's rude to defecate on the board on draft day. Even if we don't quite get every pick, there's just no way anyone on this board knows more than Nix and Co. After listening to Graham's interview with a Philly station, it's clear that he is very serious about football and confident that nobody can run with him. I vented. I'm over it.

The only thing I know for sure is I don't personally know that much.

i re-read this again, partially to try and understand your point better, and partially for the lol's. but sorry i got nothin.

what does donahoe have to do with anything? you say "haven't we seen this before"...as if history were repeating itself - but what exactly is your point? let's count the negative/pessimistic assumptions.

1. no one thinks glenn can play left tackle (wrong)

2. there's 2+ better left tackles out there (according to who? - wrong)

3. graham won't play for us this year (LOL, sure thing buddy)

4. they traded up (only a loser would make a big deal of that - we gave up the 217th pick - who gives a flying !@#$)

5. glaring needs at QB (uhh, moreso than the positions they drafted the last two days?)

6. buddy and chan think they're smarter than everyone (by taking 2 two 20 prospects?)

it's pretty clear you're just a miserable dude. if it wasn't for pessimism, you wouldn't have any perspective at all. nice try.

Edited by deep2evans

I never saw a Mario Williams and Mark Anderson type addition in the off season before. Gilmore will be a huge asset in our D, esp with the new theme in the NFL... the TE. Cordy Glenn Is a beast. We have 2 top tier RB's. Immagine Spiller exploding past the opposing LB's after he appears from the shadow of Glenn. TJ i'm sure will be used perfectly by Gaily to suit our very fast offense. (Could have been picked later IMO) Also last years draft is one of the best I can remember in a long time. Buddy knows what hes doing, Im fully on board with him.

Edited by BillsInMaine

i re-read this again, partially to try and understand your point better, and partially for the lol's. but sorry i got nothin.

what does donahoe have to do with anything? you say "haven't we seen this before"...as if history were repeating itself - but what exactly is your point? let's count the negative/pessimistic assumptions.

1. no one thinks glenn can play left tackle (wrong)

2. there's 2+ better left tackles out there (according to who? - wrong)

3. graham won't play for us this year (LOL, sure thing buddy)

4. they traded up (only a loser would make a big deal of that - we gave up the 217th pick - who gives a flying !@#$)

5. glaring needs at QB (uhh, moreso than the positions they drafted the last two days?)

6. buddy and chan think they're smarter than everyone (by taking 2 two 20 prospects?)

it's pretty clear you're just a miserable dude. if it wasn't for pessimism, you wouldn't have any perspective at all. nice try.

The scary thing about it is if this guy thinks QB was such a glaring need who would he have taken where we picked? :huh:

Don't complain about this unless you have specific players in mind the Bills should have drafted and reasons why they would be better than the player selected.

how about Streeter who was a little bit faster and half a foot taller. I love the first two very excited Glenn fell to us. I just am upset they took Graham who was rated as a 7th rounder. Hopefully he isnt a bust but 2 out a 3 aint bad.

The Honey Badger is doing a good job

I think it's rude to defecate on the board on draft day. Even if we don't quite get every pick, there's just no way anyone on this board knows more than Nix and Co. After listening to Graham's interview with a Philly station, it's clear that he is very serious about football and confident that nobody can run with him. I vented. I'm over it.

The only thing I know for sure is I don't personally know that much.

This is one of the best posts I've read in a while. Perfectly said and crazy honest.

Personally, I would have felt much better about the draft if they drafted Floyd #1 and Glenn #2. CB's don't win games. As far as Graham goes, I don't know a thing about him but I will say the highlights of him catching passes and out-running the secondary looked great. Mayock said Graham was slotted for the 7th round. This was a marquis pick for Nix because he traded up to get him and had him rated higher than most did. If the pick pans Nix will look brilliant. If he flops, Nix looks like a clown. This is probably one of the defining picks for the Buddy Nix era.

Personally, I would have felt much better about the draft if they drafted Floyd #1 and Glenn #2. CB's don't win games. As far as Graham goes, I don't know a thing about him but I will say the highlights of him catching passes and out-running the secondary looked great. Mayock said Graham was slotted for the 7th round. This was a marquis pick for Nix because he traded up to get him and had him rated higher than most did. If the pick pans Nix will look brilliant. If he flops, Nix looks like a clown. This is probably one of the defining picks for the Buddy Nix era.

Surely, you can't be serious.

Hyperbole, anyone?