Start Looking Ahead to Round 2

jwhit34

This is where I'd like Buddy to get aggressive and package a few of our extra picks to get the Colts #2 so we can take care of the OT problem with either Glenn, Massie, Adams, Shwartz--whoever they like best--so they can get their guy. Fingers crossed...

Are you as dumb as you sound lmao. Seriously you just named 4 guys you'd like. Of them, Martin or Adams MIGHT project as an LT. And Randle/Hill/David would be better than the others. So we should give up extra picks to move up to grab one of 5 guys (7 if we include the bozos you mentioned) when we most likely could grab one of them at 41, and probably will have our choice of at least 3-5 of them. Wow. Just wow.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really expect there to be a run on WRs at the beginning of Round 2 and us having the pick of the litter at LTs. I could see us grabbing Martin. He will have this entire year plus next off season to add the bulk and muscle. We will grab a WR in round 3 most likely.

From your lips to God's ears.

That being said, I originally expected our #10 to go to Floyd or Gilmore/Kirkpatrick. The choice was going to be whether we wanted to solidify the Defense or grab an offensive toy. I don't think Buddy will find the WR he wants later in this draft. I really don't expect to find a big WR who is open even when he isn't in a later round.

Buddy has gone on record saying that he would only trade up to grab a player if he felt we were a player away. I think WR is going to be our big hole going into next off season and that is when we will get our great WR. I don't think that the type of player we want will be around later in this draft...

From what I guessed our draft board to be earlier (2CBs, 2OL, LB depth, WR), I think we will grab our LTs our CB and our LB and punt the WR till next off season...

I'm thinking and hoping the same. Tackle is a bigger need than WR, considering how little depth there is behind our current starters, and there are several players with first round grades who have slid into the 2nd. The same can't be said of WRs-- there are still talented guys on the board, but none of the caliber that Buddy Nix has discussed. Hill looks promising, but he's hardly the can't miss difference maker that our offense (and for that matter, ALL offenses) want and need.

Are you as dumb as you sound lmao. Seriously you just named 4 guys you'd like. Of them, Martin or Adams MIGHT project as an LT. And Randle/Hill/David would be better than the others. So we should give up extra picks to move up to grab one of 5 guys (7 if we include the bozos you mentioned) when we most likely could grab one of them at 41, and probably will have our choice of at least 3-5 of them. Wow. Just wow.

Are you tipping back a few? Typing with flared nostrils?

Why the aggression? It would have taken less time to type "I disagree", and it would've given you a few extra seconds to think of better things to do with your time.

************************************************************************************************************

My order of preference would be Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle, Fleener, Jonathan Martin.

Wish we could find a team to take our 3rd and one of our 4th round picks for their second. Probably not likely but if we could get that deal, I would love to get a wide receiver either Hill or Randle and then an offensive lineman, (Jonathan Martin or Cordy Glenn). Boy if we could have two second round picks and get those guys that would be great. I know it's not going to happen but I can hope.

I think if both those wide receivers are gone Fleener might be able to stretch the field down the middle.

I totally agree, this is the time to package a few of those picks later to another 2nd rounder.... WR and OT!

Makes sense considering Fitz's limitations going deep. Gilmore and Jeffery would be a good draft on paper, with potential to be great a couple years down the road.

This is a myth. Have you listened to Chan? He implemented the short/medium passing game as a result of the line not being able to hold blocks long enough. Believe me, they want to throw deep.