The Buffalo Braves/LA Clippers

BuffaloWest

Im curious if there are any DIE HARD Buffalo Braves fans still out there, committed to The Clippers 35 years after they left Buffalo?

They are about to go to the playoffs for only the 8th time in their 42 year existence-Does anybody (still living in Buffalo) care?

I was only six when they left, and have no recollection of them, but I am sort of fascinated by them..Their logo, colors and just the fact that we once had an NBA team. They were well supported, drafted well, had success but ultimately were "schemed out of Buffalo"...It was not due to lack of support.

Anyone really follow the team anymore?

Braves/Clippers Playoff Appearances: 7

Overall Playoff Record: 20-27

NBA Championships: 0

2006 -- defeated Denver, 4-1, first round

lost to Phoenix 4-3, conference semifinals

1997 -- lost to Utah, 3-0, first round

1993 -- lost to Houston, 3-2, first round

1992 -- lost to Utah, 3-2, first round

(AS BUFFALO BRAVES)

1976 -- defeated Philadelphia, 2-1, first round

lost to Boston, 4-2, conference semifinals

1975 -- lost to Washington, 4-3, conference semifinals

1974 -- lost to Boston, 4-2, conference semifinals

All I can say is WOW that is one of the greatist performances

By a buffalo sports star Bob Macado I have every seen I saw one braves

Game at the Aud back in the 1970's it was a blast. The braves had some fun players

To watch and they were a good team. To bad they left because I think

They would do well in today's market in buffalo. They would be well supported

And become a very beloved team just like a Bills and Sabres.

I loved watching this video to see Macadoo score 50 points was awesome to watch

Thanks for sharing.

Braves games at the Aud in mid '70s were great. Good playoff games too. Once they left I was done. I have not watched a full NBA game in close to 35 years.

I remember the Brave's very well - in fact a couple buddies and I won a sign contest one year and got two season tickets for the next season (their last)....like others have said - when the Brave's left the NBA was dead to me...and yes, the sports scene in Buffalo was decent in the 70's from a star stand point but really, other than the Saber's getting to the cup in '75 there weren't many winning Buffalo teams if I recall correctly. I recall the Bills made the playoff's in 73 or 74 and lost to the Steelers I think. The Brave's went a few times as noted above.

I was a die hard fan the moment they entered the league with the Cavs. The Braves got competitive rather quickly and had some GREAT talent. And, most importantly, the fans supported them. And then that carpet-bagging bastard, John Y. Brown poached them to make a buck. They were dead to me the moment they left town. And the Clippers can rot in NBA hell for all I care about them.

GO BILLS!!!

Braves games at the Aud in mid '70s were great. Good playoff games too. Once they left I was done. I have not watched a full NBA game in close to 35 years.

Same here, I really don't watch Basketball. I live in Orlando so I do follow the Magic a little and I did go to a Finals game a couple of years ago against the Lakers. Other than that, it doesn't interest me. I went to one Braves game at the Aud in the mid 70's when I was a kid and loved it.

I was at a sports store (they only sold apparel) in one of the malls here in Orlando a few years back and found a really nice Black/Orange Trim, Buffalo Braves retro shirt. Every time I wear it, I get someone coming up and talking to me about the Braves and Buffalo. Pretty cool stuff,

I wasn't born at that time, but I remember telling my stepdad I wish buffalo had a NBA team and he said we use to have a team call the buffalo braves. I was like really?!?.. I wish the NBA bring a team back to Buffalo!! but i don't see that happening =(

What the league allowed to happen to the Braves was disgraceful. The NBA took a giant **** on the Queen City and all of her denizens. If you are a Buffalo sports fan and you still follow this league, then you disgust me.

No buffalo bills fan can like basketball?????

Makes no sense

There were some damn good players on those teams. I happened to work for a company whose president was on the Braves Board of Directors. He had season tickets near midcourt on the floor. They were nearly always available to us. I went to numerous games. Had John Schumate fall on me and more than a couple of basketballs on my lap too. Here's a brief summary:

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/buffalo/bufbraves.html

It makes plenty of sense. You can like basketball. But not the NBA version of it.

Going to watch all clipper games this postseason.

Going to try to watch all laker games this postseason. But not as a fan. I'm a true blood Laker hater.

Ps. Just like the Pats, there are a lot of Laker haters. Even in La.

I wasn't born at that time, but I remember telling my stepdad I wish buffalo had a NBA team and he said we use to have a team call the buffalo braves. I was like really?!?.. I wish the NBA bring a team back to Buffalo!! but i don't see that happening =(

I wish the nfl brought a team back to La!!!! But I don't see that happening. :thumbdown:

I remember we had three players starting for the Braves with names beginning with "Mc" or "Mac." McAdoo was the best of them - a great scorer as we see in the vid posted by Dallas.

I also remember Randy Smith was a phenomenal all-around athlete. Wasn't he featured in a SI article once?

I remember we had three players starting for the Braves with names beginning with "Mc" or "Mac." McAdoo was the best of them - a great scorer as we see in the vid posted by Dallas.

I also remember Randy Smith was a phenomenal all-around athlete. Wasn't he featured in a SI article once?

Great memories. What teams. Ernie D. Adrian Dantley. "Two for McAdoo". They were all ROY's.

And Randy Smith. Three sport collegiate All American. And master of the reverse dunk. He was only 6'3" but could leap out of the building. All Star MVP. And THE best defensive player of his era for my money.

GO BILLS!!!

I have a hazy recollection of seeing the sports page one day when the Bills, Sabres and Braves were all in first place. Must have been 1974.