Time to send somebody

BillsNYC

Two words: Mark Weiler

183713[/snapback]

I recently had an e-mail exchange with him. He called me an idiot for contesting his assertion that the Bills suck.

When I asked him if the wins against teams with winning records counted more because the wins against teams with losing records counted less, he called me an idiot.

Who is this "Humpty" person, anyway?

Every movement needs some contra's for balance. Jerry Sullivan (who is actually coming around a bit), Ice, this Weiler individual are the contras to the cowbell/billieve faction....take it for what its worth. As soon as the Bills lose--they will post that they are vindicated....which means we have 5 more games to win this season to prove them wrong.

Weiler even sets that up in his diatribe--writing that the playoffs are not good enough -- only a Super Bowl team will do...he's covering his butt so he can say he is vindicated when we lose. Ice has done the same thing....but at least Ice has a sense of humor and has proven to be an okay guy in several circumstances over the years (at least I think so)......

Its the CANE movement LA--- Citizens Against Nearly Everything....

183783[/snapback]

That makes perfect sense. I apologize to those who think this is a personal attack, but people who write this stuff...whether a journalist or some dude with a username...are simply to me the most pathetic of people.

Life sucks. I'm going to eat some worms. If you disagree with me, you're an idiot.

What a bunch of maroons.

Sure that we faced teams with bad records is a legit point. However, if one is going to focus on this legit point, then one needs to acknowledge also the spreadf by which they beat these bad teams, acknowledge the fact that many of the Bills blowout wins were on the road, and acknowledge that even in the NFL bad teams (MI) can beat far better teams (NE) and for a 6 straight games (a lengthy time in the NFL) there have been no relevant signs (beyond some slow starts by the bills in a couple of these games which were quickly reversed by the second quarter) of the Bills doing anything but manhandling their opponents.

Weiler needs to admit that one needs to look hard for bad signs in the Bills play over ther last 6 games and that he has only found it by ignoring the real results of the teams margin of victory in these games.

The analysis also defies reality because he seems to treat the Bills dominating opponents through consistently better ST play as somehow not counting in assessing whether this team is really good or not.

I'd agree that the Bills offense is not at a Super Bowl or playoff level, but who cares if the team's play is at a playoff (or dare I say it) or SB level.

The analysis:

1. Seeks to ignore real life occurences to prove its point.

2. Ignores true measures of the TEAM's performance in instead judges the TEAM based on the offenses performance.

Not sure if this is right, but I think I remember reading Weiler is like 14 or 15--he may not have hit the big time yet with physical maturity. Maybe we should send him a Jills swimsuit calendar or something.....help move the process along.....it would definitely provide him another outlet and maybe reduce his anger....

He really hates TD--something personal happened there.....it would be interesting to find out what transpired. TD and Scott probably wouldn't recognize him as credentialed media. Its definitely a vendetta.

Who is this "Humpty" person, anyway?

183731[/snapback]

You can call Bledsoe Bledslow, you can say he holds the ball too long, you can say a lot in criticism of Bledsoe, but ...

Humpty? Why? Has he shown an RJ ability to get a contusion on his butt? Has he torn rib cartilige by falling on the ball? DB is anything but fragile. To the consternation of most anti-DB people, he just doesn't get hurt.

I stopped reading this guy a while back.

You can call Bledsoe Bledslow, you can say he holds the ball too long, you can say a lot in criticism of Bledsoe, but ...

Humpty?  Why?  Has he shown an RJ ability to get a contusion on his butt?  Has he torn rib cartilige by falling on the ball?  DB is anything but fragile.  To the consternation of most anti-DB people, he just doesn't get hurt.

I stopped reading this guy a while back.

183860[/snapback]

Remember his last season in NE, when he got hurt and finished the game while bleeding internally. If that was RJ, he would need Mercy Flight to get him to the hospital before the play was whistled dead.