Trade Idea

So I have been talking with a huge Eagles fan about the possibility of trading down.... They have the 15ths and are really wanting Fletcher Cox, if he is not drafted by CAR they would want to move to us. A Philly expert fan says they would give up a third (88th pick) to move up. Maybe Gilmore would still be there at 15...

Thoughts?

If Floyd is there, I would not move down. If Floyd is gone, then I would consider it. I don't pretend to know the "table" they have for how much to get for exchanging draft picks, but to me a 3rd round pick does not seem like enough to get to move down 5 spots. Maybe a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year?

If Floyd is there, I would not move down. If Floyd is gone, then I would consider it. I don't pretend to know the "table" they have for how much to get for exchanging draft picks, but to me a 3rd round pick does not seem like enough to get to move down 5 spots. Maybe a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year?

Judging by draft value chart a 3 and 2 next is way too much but I agree need little more then a third and a 5th or something.

1st and 2nd

Then swap 3s

Wow...that would be a sweatheart of a deal, wouldn't it? You'd have to hope that somebody was asleep at the wheel in Philly, I suppose, or that they have a Tebowner for the guy at that spot. Stranger things have happened, I guess....

Wow...that would be a sweatheart of a deal, wouldn't it? You'd have to hope that somebody was asleep at the wheel in Philly, I suppose, or that they have a Tebowner for the guy at that spot. Stranger things have happened, I guess....

essentially swapping first and third, and the eagles throw in a mid 2 to make both moves? id take it as the bills, and dont think its ABSURD for the eagles

Judging by draft value chart a 3 and 2 next is way too much but I agree need little more then a third and a 5th or something.

does it bother anyone else that any time any idea is ever mentioned its measured against a chart that is simply based off about 5 random years of trades in the 80's?

i have a few friends who are big eagles fans and they think the same thing about moving to 10 if either kuechly or cox is there. would be nice but its really up to the eagles to make that offer. and if the bills want to move back that many spots. as much love that floyd gets around here idk if i see him as the pick. the bills didnt even bring him in for a workout. and yes they didnt bring aaron williams in either but he was a 2nd and they didnt think hed be there is my guess.

So I have been talking with a huge Eagles fan about the possibility of trading down.... They have the 15ths and are really wanting Fletcher Cox, if he is not drafted by CAR they would want to move to us. A Philly expert fan says they would give up a third (88th pick) to move up. Maybe Gilmore would still be there at 15...

Thoughts?

I have an idea. Why don't we tell the Eagles to beat it and we draft Fletcher Cox? I would love for us to fortify our DL, take a couple of CBs and a LB in the first 4 or 5 rounds and REALLY build this roster/team for the next few years. With the other couple of picks by the 5th rd we should take a developemental OT and a decent 2nd WR (Brian Quick?). Just an idea.

Go Bills!

i have a few friends who are big eagles fans and they think the same thing about moving to 10 if either kuechly or cox is there. would be nice but its really up to the eagles to make that offer. and if the bills want to move back that many spots. as much love that floyd gets around here idk if i see him as the pick. the bills didnt even bring him in for a workout. and yes they didnt bring aaron williams in either but he was a 2nd and they didnt think hed be there is my guess.

eagles are notorious for sending out pre-draft feelers for what it would take to move. my guess is that its probably been visited by the teams but how seriously is a whole different story.

A Tebowner....that is classic

simulating your idea, the trade nets us Dwayne Allen, and lets us still get Kuechly:

15 Buffalo Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College

41 Buffalo Alshon Jeffery WRF South Carolina

71 Buffalo Brandon Mosley OT Auburn

88 Buffalo Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

105 Buffalo Reuben Randle WRF LSU

124 Buffalo Shaun Prater CB Iowa

144 Buffalo Emmanuel Acho OLB43 Texas

147 Buffalo Jarius Wright WRS Arkansas

178 Buffalo Olivier Vernon DE43 Miami (FL)

217 Buffalo Jacory Harris QB Miami (FL)

251 Buffalo Jamie Blatnick DE43 Oklahoma State

simulating your idea, the trade nets us Dwayne Allen, and lets us still get Kuechly:

Didn't Buddy mention something about bigger CBs?

On the other hand, if the Bills moved down 5 spots and came away with a player they ranked as good as their 10th best player (in other words, if they had 10-15 ranked evenly)… and they could pick up an extra 3rd, why not?

You always want to get as much as possible but what if the bottom line on the trade is that it helps the team?

Are the eagles aware that their fans are trying to trade draft picks?

Very good!

1334959176[/url]' post='2441976']

Geez astro, I love you man, but I think draftek really undervalues randle. I'll be shocked if he's not taken in rd 1, but somehow draftek has him as a 4th? I don't get it. The kid is a player and I'll wager 1 $100 that he doesn't make it out of round 2 with anyone on the board (I'll make up to 10 bets as well)