Did anybody else notice during the presser that...

Whaley couldn't keep a straight face when asked about Michael Floyd? He kinda turned to the side to see if someone else was gonna answer the question and kept smirking..... I don't know if he's just a happy guy or maybe this is a clue, maybe he did it on purpose, or maybe I'm seeing things because I can't wait till draft day lol.

I just watched the Whaley/Floyd video. It is funny how both Whaley and Nix shirk out of that question big-time, and punt it to Cook. Who then gives a very generic answer. Dont know what to make of it though :blink:

Video http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Whaley-and-Cook-on-WR-depth-Floyd-and-Hill/45d1470f-67ea-41f7-aa6c-415c2cff5ef5

Edited by DrDareustein

No, I just noticed that myself and that's why I'm jumping back on the board and that is to ask the exact same question. Furthermore did you see how he passed the hot potato to Buddy and he didn't want anything to do with it??!!! I found that whole interview VERY interesting!

I just watched the Whaley/Floyd video. It is funny how both Whaley and Nix shirk out of that question big-time, and punt it to Cook. Who then gives a very generic answer. Dont know what to make of it though :blink:

Video http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Whaley-and-Cook-on-WR-depth-Floyd-and-Hill/45d1470f-67ea-41f7-aa6c-415c2cff5ef5

Yeah I thought it was kinda suspicious, I'm guessing that based off that presser and what Nix has said about Keuchly (can play all 3 lb positions), it's gonna be either floyd or keuchly

No, I just noticed that myself and that's why I'm jumping back on the board and that is to ask the exact same question. Furthermore did you see how he passed the hot potato to Buddy and he didn't want anything to do with it??!!! I found that whole interview VERY interesting!

Yeah I saw that too, Nix also finished off by saying they want to draft a "difference" maker, or "playmaker", at #10. My guess is that he is referring to Keuchly and Floyd.

You'd have to think they expected that question. Any answers today were reasonably rehearsed.

They did not look reasonably rehearsed on that one. Did you watch it?

I did and I'm guessing at this level, you don't mess up that one. If he's your guy you 100% know how you want to answer it. If he's not, you know the impression you want to create. We are talking about guys in charge of 120m payroll and giving out 100m contracts and they got lost at "what about Floyd?"

I don't buy it.

Whether or not they want him, I dont know still.

Yeah I thought it was kinda suspicious, I'm guessing that based off that presser and what Nix has said about Keuchly (can play all 3 lb positions), it's gonna be either floyd or keuchly

Yeah I saw that too, Nix also finished off by saying they want to draft a "difference" maker, or "playmaker", at #10. My guess is that he is referring to Keuchly and Floyd.

I will be happy with either of them :beer: GO BILLS!!!!

Floyd and Kuechly are two picks with the most upside for this team. Either of them would make me (and it sounds like the majority on this board) very happy. If the jig is up and these are the targets, In Nix and Whaley I trust.

Edited by VanCity

"About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one."

you usually don't hear a LT described as an "impact" position.....

"impact" to me means on offense someone who scores.....and on defense someone who gets sacks or turnovers.

up til now i was thinkin we take at LT (REIFF)...but after hearing that....

"impact" players at #10 would be Floyd (WR) on offense and Ingram (LB/DE)on defense.

taking into consideration that i think ingram will be gone and the bills tipped their hand with free agent WR meachem...

i say FLOYD is the pick at #10........and they hope like hell to get a LT with their 2nd pick.

"About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one."

you usually don't hear a LT described as an "impact" position.....

"impact" to me means on offense someone who scores.....and on defense someone who gets sacks or turnovers.

up til now i was thinkin we take at LT (REIFF)...but after hearing that....

"impact" players at #10 would be Floyd (WR) on offense and Ingram (LB/DE)on defense.

taking into consideration that i think ingram will be gone and the bills tipped their hand with free agent WR meachem...

i say FLOYD is the pick at #10........and they hope like hell to get a LT with their 2nd pick.

He ended by telling "sully" that if an LT allows you to throw the ball down the field and open up the offense, then you could consider that an impact position.

I think the smirk was because he was kinda laughing at the so called experts that think Floyd is worthy of a top 10 pick.

I'll throw this out there... asied from Tim Brown and Deion Branch, what ND wide receiver has been worth 2 schitz. And, Branch is average.

Whaley couldn't keep a straight face when asked about Michael Floyd? He kinda turned to the side to see if someone else was gonna answer the question and kept smirking..... I don't know if he's just a happy guy or maybe this is a clue, maybe he did it on purpose, or maybe I'm seeing things because I can't wait till draft day lol.

It could just as easily be that Floyd's been taken off their board, despite what all the pundits think, and Doug wasn't comfortable talking about him...