Do the Patriots have a bye before the play us EVERY YEAR?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truly fair way would be to give an entire division a bye the same week, and have them play each other the next week. No one has the advantage. I've even sent this idea to the league office, but it probably makes too much sense.

Yea I guess one year off after 3 in a row is nice treat

I believe it was 4 in a row actually. Odds of that happening randomly--about 4,000 to 1. Someone really ought to investigate this. If I recall correctly after our 4 years in a row (years like this year more often than not when folks thought (wrongly as it turns out) that we were the biggest threat to the Pats*) the cheats got the Fins after their bye--of course that was after Miami had won the AFCE the year prior. Something's rotten in Denmark....

And how'd that turn out for them? Funny that after they get beaten, the bye week before playing the Bills comes back. This is not by chance.

Are you saying the pats can only beat us when/because they have an extra week to prepare?

No. Just that the Pats getting a bye week before a Bills game is NOT by chance.

What good does it do them then? If someone was looking to give them an advantage why wouldn't they give them a bye before a more difficult opponent, instead of one they have beaten, what--14 of the last 16 times?

Your conspiracy theory lacks a certain...logic.

What good does it do them then? If someone was looking to give them an advantage why wouldn't they give them a bye before a more difficult opponent, instead of one they have beaten, what--14 of the last 16 times?

Your conspiracy theory lacks a certain...logic.

I don't need a theory, doc. Since 2004 and including this coming season, the Pats have had a bye before playing the Bills 5 times. I'd be surprised to learn that any team had more than 2 byes before playing any particular team over that same time span.

I don't need a theory, doc. Since 2004 and including this coming season, the Pats have had a bye before playing the Bills 5 times. I'd be surprised to learn that any team had more than 2 byes before playing any particular team over that same time span.

Which is a means to what ends?