What if the Vikings select Claiborne?

This could easily happen. They play against Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, and Jay Cutler six times a year. They have a need at CB just as much as LT. With Joe Thomas in Cleveland the Browns coudl auction that pick to the highest bidder, either St. Louis or the Bills, and probably still get Tannehill, Blackmon, or possibly even Richardson. Anyone think this could happen? If you were the Vikings would you take Kalil, Claiborne, or trade back a few spots and hope Claiborne is still there???

How would the Browns get Tannehill, Blackmon or Richardson if they trade for the Bills #10? I don't see how us trading and drafting Kalil would drop these players to #10. If that was the case, why wouldn't we not trade and take Blackmon or Richardson?

How would the Browns get Tannehill, Blackmon or Richardson if they trade for the Bills #10? I don't see how us trading and drafting Kalil would drop these players to #10. If that was the case, why wouldn't we not trade and take Blackmon or Richardson?

I was more thinking one of those players would be available at #6. Unless Floyd is taken over Blackmon he will be gone by #10. However Tannehill need only be bypassed by Miami at #8 and he will be there at #10 - just don't see the Browns taking him unless they move down a few spots and pick up an extra pick along the way. Tannehill available at #10 would be a great scenario for the Bills to get a shot to trade down a few spots.

if Vikings go with Claiborne (which would not be a bad move at all) I see it going down like this...

3) Vikings - Claiborne

4) Browns - Tannehill

5) Bucs - Richardson

6) Rams - Blackmon

in which the Jags would trade down with someone who will take Kalil... I would hope it would be us, but who knows?

if Vikings go with Claiborne (which would not be a bad move at all) I see it going down like this...

3) Vikings - Claiborne

4) Browns - Tannehill

5) Bucs - Richardson

6) Rams - Blackmon

in which the Jags would trade down with someone who will take Kalil... I would hope it would be us, but who knows?

You think Rams take Blackmon over Kalil? Maybe... I suppose they could still get a LT later in the first round

Haha i love how buddy has said time and time again that he tells the media things and no one listens or believe that he's actually telling the truth. Buddy has said that he HATES trading up and losing picks which makes it INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY that he trades up. LISTEN PEOPLE before wasting your time :wallbash:

I think we're better off just staying put or trading back, I definitely think kalil is a home run in terms of lt but I just feel like the price (atleast a 2nd and obviously our 1) is just not worth it when we could potentially have 2 starters instead of 1 even though he could be a probowler

I agree. Very little chance of Bills moving up...

3) Vikings - Claiborne

4) Browns - Tannehill

5) Bucs - Richardson

6) Rams - Blackmon

I don't "get" these scenarios at all. Browns fans may not like it, but I don't think QB is their priority right now any more than it's the priority for the Bills.

Colt McCoy was sacked quite a bit last year and hit more. If the Vikes take Claiborne, why would we think the Browns or Rams don't jump at Kalil? (The Rams led the league in QB sacks and hits last year)

I think the jury is out on whether McCoy is "real" as an NFL QB, but putting a franchise left tackle in front of him can only help.

Haha i love how buddy has said time and time again that he tells the media things and no one listens or believe that he's actually telling the truth. Buddy has said that he HATES trading up and losing picks which makes it INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY that he trades up. LISTEN PEOPLE before wasting your time :wallbash:

This, pretty much.

I also love how folks create these scenarios which have all these other teams, leaving players on the board who we like better, and who just might be strong needs for those other teams as well.

If we think he's a can't-miss, better player, what makes these folks think the other team won't see it the same way, esp. if they have a need at that position?

Buddy may "hate" trading up, or whatever, but if he wants to keep his job finding a quality left tackle is what it takes. Kalil is about as close to a gaurantee to fill the job over the next decade as you can get. I can't see him passing up the opportunity to get him if the picks fall as described. I suspect Buddy hates being fired more than he hates tradint up. Right now he is on the same path as Jauron.

Buddy may "hate" trading up, or whatever, but if he wants to keep his job finding a quality left tackle is what it takes. Kalil is about as close to a gaurantee to fill the job over the next decade as you can get. I can't see him passing up the opportunity to get him if the picks fall as described. I suspect Buddy hates being fired more than he hates tradint up. Right now he is on the same path as Jauron.

Correction: finding a quality LT among several other needs is what it takes. We also need LB, a better WR, and probably some help at CB.

It's a moot point, because the same (want to keep your job? acquire a franchise LT) can be said of the managers drafting ahead of us.

So the picks will not fall as described.

I don't understand the "same path as Jauron" comment at all. When was Jauron our GM?

Edited by Hopeful

I haven't heard anyone suggesting Kalil is the next Pace; he's simply the best LT prospect in this draft. If you listen to Mel Kiper (I don't), Reiff is only ranked one point lower than Kalil on his scale.

Buddy will NOT trade up and lose picks to take Kalil. Put it in the bank.

Correction: finding a quality LT among several other needs is what it takes. We also need LB, a better WR, and probably some help at CB.

It's a moot point, because the same (want to keep your job? acquire a franchise LT) can be said of the managers drafting ahead of us.

So the picks will not fall as described.

I don't understand the "same path as Jauron" comment at all. When was Jauron our GM?

Huh??

How can you even say that? I really don't want a response because i don't think there is anything you could possibly say that would make me believe that to be true. Nix is the best thing that has happened to the Bills since.....since,....well in a very long time.

How can you even say that? I really don't want a response because i don't think there is anything you could possibly say that would make me believe that to be true. Nix is the best thing that has happened to the Bills since.....since,....Gibran Hamdan.

Fixed...

I don't "get" these scenarios at all. Browns fans may not like it, but I don't think QB is their priority right now any more than it's the priority for the Bills.

Colt McCoy was sacked quite a bit last year and hit more. If the Vikes take Claiborne, why would we think the Browns or Rams don't jump at Kalil? (The Rams led the league in QB sacks and hits last year)

I think the jury is out on whether McCoy is "real" as an NFL QB, but putting a franchise left tackle in front of him can only help.

This, pretty much.

I also love how folks create these scenarios which have all these other teams, leaving players on the board who we like better, and who just might be strong needs for those other teams as well.

If we think he's a can't-miss, better player, what makes these folks think the other team won't see it the same way, esp. if they have a need at that position?

The Browns and Rams wouldn't take Kalil because they already have a lot invested in their own expensive young LTs. LT isn't a priority for them. It's the rest of the line that is.