Test required for rowdy NFL fans

Lurker

Never had a problem in the Club seats (but they suck to watch a game). Had horrible experiences in 131 (sidelines behind Bills bench) and mixed results in End Zones. I agree with your comment that hammered people should be refused entry.

Well some alcoholic a-holes have money too, so it's not a 100% guarantee. :) I have been in several sideline sections in the the 100's and never even seen anyone drunk that I can remember, much less causing problems.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should an unruly fan ever be allowed back into a game? One strike and you're out.

That's pretty harsh dude. Getting kicked out of a game will teach a lot of people their lessons. If nothing else it's a waste of money.

If I ever got kicked out (I never would) I would certainly know better the next time.

I am hoping in the very near future to make the 6.5 hour drive to the Ralph with my 11 year old son, who has never visited the shrine. I do wonder sometimes how I will explain the guy next to him barfing all over himself while screaming F bombs left and right. Being a wild, supportive fan doesn't mean being a jerk.

I'm all for this new policy.

These barfing fans are far and few between. The exception always gets the most attention. If you want to be sure tho get the family section. I have gone to almost 10 games in my life from the nose bleed to the 2nd row. I never had anybody close to me that was out of control and very few f-bombs.

I used to get hammered a lot when I was young.

I don't remember ever being a loudmouthed hooligan or a bully.

I don't remember ever having fun at the expense of someone else in a mean-spirited way.

Well of course you don't REMEMBER it. ;)

Been to lots of Eagles games. Never seen anything different from Bills games.

Oh, like being compared to Eagles fans is going to make anyone feel better about this.

That's pretty harsh dude. Getting kicked out of a game will teach a lot of people their lessons. If nothing else it's a waste of money.

If I ever got kicked out (I never would) I would certainly know better the next time.

These barfing fans are far and few between. The exception always gets the most attention. If you want to be sure tho get the family section. I have gone to almost 10 games in my life from the nose bleed to the 2nd row. I never had anybody close to me that was out of control and very few f-bombs.

Holy crapola. I haven't checked this page since I made my post about taking my 11 year old to the game.

Of all the many years I have been reading this forum, I have to say today is the day when I was most impressed with the level of intelligence and reasoning behind the posts I have read.

Also, I gotta say, this entire discussion might make me prouder than ever to be a Bills fan.

Heck, ya, I had a bunch of beers when I went to games when I was in my early 20s. However, being a drunk, loud fan and being an idiot is obviously two different things.

Thanks to all of you for your insightful comments.

Removing alcohol from NFL stadiums would go a lot farther. Yeah, the NFL loses beer company revenue but they'd save it on security and lawyers.

The irony is that the NFL prohibits owners, players, coaches and staff from consuming alcohol at all NFL functions citing "significant and unnecessary risks to the league, its players and others".

That includes travel too. No booze on the bus, plane, practice facility. Nowhere.

I'd love for the NFL to try it for one year....no booze sold or allowed on the premises during game day.

Beats a "test".

I am hoping in the very near future to make the 6.5 hour drive to the Ralph with my 11 year old son, who has never visited the shrine. I do wonder sometimes how I will explain the guy next to him barfing all over himself while screaming F bombs left and right. Being a wild, supportive fan doesn't mean being a jerk.

I'm all for this new policy.

Alright, alright.....Christ, you're like an old woman. Fine. I won't drink the entire bottle of Sapphire in the parking lot next time, and I will lay off the shots from my flask until the 2nd half.

Happy?

As far a the F bombs go...I will try. Should be easier now that we don't have Jauron cluster F'ing(oops, sorry) the clock management any more.

However, if I see Brady crying to refs again....well, you'll just have to deal with it.

Like was said above....it's a teachable moment. Teach your 11 year old son that when we go to football games, and we see Pats never get called for holding, and then when Brady cries to the refs 11 passing downs in a row....then we use the special F word, followed by the special B word. Teach him that this is the only time Bills fans are supposed to use these special words, because they only apply to Brady. Then you will be raising your son as a proper Bills fan.

I can't speak for my mom however, we've been trying to control her at Bills games for years, with 0 effect.

:D j/k of course....except for the part about my mom...she's an...intense...fan. Like "no they weren't off-sides, the refs just want us to lose" when Kelsay is 5 yards into the backfield before the snap, intense. If she ends up next to your son...well, that's a teachable moment too. It's the time to teach him about fan being short for fanatic. At least she won't barf on him, mostly....most of the time.

:D j/k of course....except for the part about my mom...she's an...intense...fan. Like "no they weren't off-sides, the refs just want us to lose" when Kelsay is 5 yards into the backfield before the snap, intense.

I had someone sitting next to me for a couple of seasons that whenever the Bills had a bad play (offense/defense, didn't matter) he'd start screaming "Throw the flag!" even if there was no reason to throw one.

Removing alcohol from NFL stadiums would go a lot farther. Yeah, the NFL loses beer company revenue but they'd save it on security and lawyers.

The irony is that the NFL prohibits owners, players, coaches and staff from consuming alcohol at all NFL functions citing "significant and unnecessary risks to the league, its players and others".

That includes travel too. No booze on the bus, plane, practice facility. Nowhere.

I'd love for the NFL to try it for one year....no booze sold or allowed on the premises during game day.

Beats a "test".

Yes, because nobody will bring booze in....and...because it will be exceedingly easy to ensure nobody has any booze in the parking lot....and...because it will be even easier to eject legions of people from the "premises"....and of course the courts will be overjoyed in having 5 orders of magnitude of increased case load to deal with.

:w00t:

Wanna know how things like the GSA scandal happen?

Because of this kind of "let's blow the scope of what we can control, way out of proportion, such that there's no way in hell we can control anything, because we are awesome!" thinking.

No. The only irony here is that: with real world example after real world example of what happens when people get themselves miles in over their heads, with no way to enforce any of the supposedly well-meaning "regulations" they want to impose on others....

...other people learn nothing from these examples. They want to keep repeating this pattern, because they don't recognize it, or worse, do recognize it, but want to repeat it as though the outcome will be different this time. :wallbash:

Edit: Are you one of the "smoking ban" people from August? Yeah...that worked. Last game I saw all the same people smoking in the same place, that I saw the game before, and have seen smoking in that place...for literally years.

I had someone sitting next to me for a couple of seasons that whenever the Bills had a bad play (offense/defense, didn't matter) he'd start screaming "Throw the flag!" even if there was no reason to throw one.

Ah, so you have sat next to my mom then? I bought her a yellow flag once...in the hopes that it would be therapeutic. Wrong.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Ah, so you have sat next to my mom then? I bought her a yellow flag once...in the hopes that it would be therapeutic. Wrong.

If that was your Mom, well, she's very "manly". Actually it was another club season ticket holder, thankfully he gave up his seats after two years.

If that was your Mom, well, she's very "manly". Actually it was another club season ticket holder, thankfully he gave up his seats after two years.

Hmm. Last time I was in the club seats...I felt like i was at a PGA event, and said so, loudly, multiple times :devil: At least this guy had a pulse. :D I haven't bought club seats since. I wouldn't turn them down if they were offered to me....but...I wouldn't be as happy as I am in the lower bowl seats with the rest of the miscreants.

On the flip side, the worst fight I have ever seen was in the club seats. It was the first year they had them....I don't think security was expecting a 4 v4 battle royale...in the "food court at the mall". It went on for what seemed like forever until some of us broke it up. I will never forget my dad sitting on a guy's back and trying to stay on. :w00t: If only I had a video...