Positional Rankings

Astrobot

You feel that we are ok at WR?

Well, hey, Donald Jones has been named the number 2 WR.

for now.

I think the Tannehill visit is largely to cause another team to leapfrog the Dolphins, causing the Dolphis to Take Reiff and not Tannehill.

Thus far Nix has given us what our need are...

Our draft needs according to Nix: a WR, 2CBs, ILB, 2 OTs (1 early, 1 late).

In the end of season presser he said our 2 biggest needs are WR and pass rushers; I think the pass rush has been taken care of.

When it comes to the OL Nix is on record saying:

"Nix on the offensive tackle class: "I think it's pretty good. I think there's some guys at small schools who've got the potential. It may take 'em a little bit longer but they can be left tackles in this league."

Nix on Reiff: "He's very athletic. He's not a power guy, but he can anchor when he has good technique."

Nix on Martin: "Good player, a very good player."

Nix on Adams: "No question, he's a huge man. If they just have to run around him, you should get the ball thrown. He's just that big. But he's athletic enough, too.""

I would count Reiff out at #10...

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2012.asp

I don't have any position at P1 because you can only have one position declared P1.

I have the Big Three (LT, OLB, WR) as P2, so DraftTek computer takes the BEst Player Available from the Big Board, up to a reach of 12 slots.

Astro

Personally, I would put QB at P2 as well but it doesn't seem like a high priority for the Bills. Seems strange to me that you could be satisfied with a Fitz and Thigpen as your top two QBs but that appears to be the case.

If I'm not mistaken you also have CB as a P2, no? Not to sure about that.

Edited by vincec

1334344423[/url]' post='2436231']

better than we are at LT. We could be improved for sure, But its not even close to the worst in the league IMO. Miami or the rams hold that honor

we have more depth at Wr than LT. I'd rather have Hairston as our LT than Donald jones as our #2 Wr. We NEED to add tackles, as we don't have many under contract. We could conceivably go into the season with our current Wrs. We couldn't do that with tackle. I think it's a bpa type deal. if Floyd is there, take the him because IMO, he the bpa. If Floyd is gone, again, take the bpa. I have most of the tackles higher than the next best WR, so take the LT (although I love Rueben Randle, just not at 10). The reason I'm not a fan of the draftek drafts, is that it doesn't take into account bpa. I'd rather have kuechly, Gilmore, Tannehill, Kirkpatrick, Ingram and even Hightower over any of the LTs.

http://www.drafttek....amneeds2012.asp

I don't have any position at P1 because you can only have one position declared P1.

I have the Big Three (LT, OLB, WR) as P2, so DraftTek computer takes the BEst Player Available from the Big Board, up to a reach of 12 slots.

Astro

Astro, at this point with Bell's departure I would put LT as P1. It's so critical and who do we have besides Hairston?

We have a bunch of "Dark Horses" at WR as well as 2 great RB who can catch and a 3rd QB who can catch

We need depth at LB - we have Barnett because he was injured too much for GB. But I like the Steelers philosophy of looking for quality players in the later rounds and developing them.

Thus far Nix has given us what our need are...

Our draft needs according to Nix: a WR, 2CBs, ILB, 2 OTs (1 early, 1 late).

In the end of season presser he said our 2 biggest needs are WR and pass rushers; I think the pass rush has been taken care of.

Agree on the pass rush. Keep in mind at the end of season presser, they may have still hoped to resign Bell, which actually I think they would have until Peters got injured and the Iggles got willing to break out the checkbook.

1. Luke Kuechly LB Boston College

2. Bobby Massie OT Mississippi

3. Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt

4. Brian Quick WR, Appalachian State

4. Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette

5. Markus Zucevics OT Iowa

5. Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin

LOL… there's a bunch of mock draft threads but this isn't one of them.

It's funny to me that guys are starting to throw around their mock drafts like sailors throwing around money on shore leave.

No offense intended… just made me laugh.

Think he means Ok compared to LT. While isnt a number 2 wr, we usually have 3-4 wr's out there most of the time anyway, so isnt as glaring a need as LT, since currently we dont have anyone out there that doesnt need help, causing us to take RB/TE or both out of patterns to help pass block.

I think OT definitely became P2+, but I'd put OT, WR and CB as P2.

OLB isn't a P2 in my opinion An OLB in a 3-4 is different than an OLB in a 4-3. Bryan Scott can cover TEs and Moats and others can probably play OLB. So I would recommend knocking OLB down. I honestly believe an OLB in a 4-3 can never be that high of a need. There literally 100s of prospects that fit that body type and can play admirably. You can find a 4-3 OLB in round 3-7.

The defensive ends in a 4-3 would have been a P1 without Mario but a 4-3 OLB not nearly as important. Definitely not over OT, CB, or WR imo.

LOL… there's a bunch of mock draft threads but this isn't one of them.

It's funny to me that guys are starting to throw around their mock drafts like sailors throwing around money on shore leave.

No offense intended… just made me laugh.

+1.

I didn't see your post and was thinking the same thing.

Not just this guy and this thread but the copy and pasting of mocks is getting out of hand.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I feel we could be improved at WR, and I think they will look for a good WR high in the draft - but we have players we can put on the field.

Who do we have at LT after Easley?

Well, hey, Donald Jones has been named the number 2 WR.

for now.

I think the Tannehill visit is largely to cause another team to leapfrog the Dolphins, causing the Dolphis to Take Reiff and not Tannehill.

Wow, this is way too deep for me. How would this work again, exactly?

Please speak slowly and use small words ..... not kidding

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2012.asp

Astro

We have one legit LB starter on this team.If that aint at least #1 priority W/ LT I'd be shocked.

That CB or WR better damn well be BPA by a longshot to take him at round 2 or 3.

Fix the engine first THEN look at the Michelin tires. Until we solidify the D front 7 and the OL

the engine isn't fixed.