Pittsburgh's WR Wallace may be had for less than a 1st rder

The Bills have shown that they aren't going to pay another WR more money than Stevie. See: Meachem.

Then again, Buddy could always surprise.

Your logic doesn't hold here at all. What they showed is that they wouldn't pay more than that for ROBERT MEACHEM, which seems pretty darned reasonable - whould you want them to pay more than 7M for Meachem??

Unless your point is that they only brought in a "Robert Meachem type" because they weren't interested in someone more expensive.

I will say that if Garcon is really worth $8M/year, Wallace even at $10M is a steal. Mind you, I don't think Garcon really rates the $8M.

Edited by BobChalmers

There really isn't anything else to say on this topic.

I think there's one more thing.

The Bills just traded Mike Wallace to the Ravens last year; why would they go out and sign him back for even more money?

I think there's one more thing.

The Bills just traded Mike Wallace to the Ravens last year; why would they go out and sign him back for even more money?

Simon, you can't be serious?? No way can you compare Evans to Wallace. I'm not even going to bother to look up their stats because I'm pretty confident that Wallace has either equaled or bettered any given season that he played versus any that Evans has played.

It's not just the hate on Tom Brady it is HATE TOM BRADY. Everything, his whiny gotta be my way attitude, his woah as me defeated pity, his dancing, his everything. The guy got a great contract from the Patriots and turns around and sues the owner after being the luckiest guy on Earth. Tom Brady is a fluke. A Pro Bowl QB gets knocked out of a game and nearly killed and comes in with an amazing defense, time to learn behind a great line and good coach with a better OC and QB coach, develops in to a good scheme QB and is now one of the best. I am all for Tom Brady may be among the best ever but I do not think he is a plug and play QB and if anyone denies he is anything but lucky then they're an idiot. Most backups in his position never get the chance to start that many games on a team and had the defense not been so good to win some of those games it would have gone to the the next guy in rotation of whoever was the Jeff Garcia at the time. By all means, Brady should have been just like Todd Collins or Kelly Holcumb.

I don't know how many people will agree with your argument that Brady was the recipient of a lot of great fortune to be where he is today.

I will say that there's a group of people who go through life without ever finding an opportunity in front of them. Then there are those people who do encounter opportunities but squander them. And finally there are those who encounter opportunity and make the most of those opportunities.

Simon, you can't be serious?? No way can you compare Evans to Wallace. I'm not even going to bother to look up their stats because I'm pretty confident that Wallace has either equaled or bettered any given season that he played versus any that Evans has played.

Actually if you compare their first 3 years in the league, the numbers are VERY close.

BTW, Mike Wallace was a late 3rd rounder. Again excellent players can be found in every round.

I'm not a great math guy so I don't know anything about their stats, but they do remind me of one another on a football field.

They're both sort of one dimensional players who can run the 9 but don't do a whole lot of other things very well. Neither one of them has much subtlety or craft to their game, neither one of them is particularly tough or physical, neither one of them attacks the ball in the air, neither one of them excels at moving the chains on third down, neither one of them is ever open when they're covered and neither one of them is a good fit for a Bills team that can't protect 7-step drops and has a QB that doesn't throw a great deep ball.

Regardless of any Pittsburgh connections, I'd be absolutely stunned (and disappointed) if the Bills had any interest whatsoever in sacrificing a pick for the privilege of massively overpaying Wallace.

I'm not a great math guy so I don't know anything about their stats, but they do remind me of one another on a football field.

They're both sort of one dimensional players who can run the 9 but don't do a whole lot of other things very well. Neither one of them has much subtlety or craft to their game, neither one of them is particularly tough or physical,

neither one of them attacks the ball in the air, neither one of them excels at moving the chains on third down, neither

one of them is ever open when they're covered and neither

one of them is a good fit for a Bills team that can't protect

7-step drops and has a QB that doesn't throw a great deep

ball. Regardless of any Pittsburgh connections, I'd be absolutely stunned (and disappointed) if the Bills had any interest whatsoever in sacrificing a pick for the privilege of massively overpaying Wallace.

Fair enough, value is in the eye of the beholder. While I understand the points that you're trying to make I just don't think that some are fair and/or accurate. I'm not a big number or stat guy myself but rather do my evaluations by just watching a player play. I strongly disagree about the toughness of Wallace. I've watched him get crumpled a few times just to see him drag his ass back TJ o the huddle. I will say that I don't know about Evans' toughness but not about converting 3rd downs and being one dimensional would be very accurate, hence that's why he is no longer in Buffalo but as far as Wallace goes he usually takes his catches to the house or for huge gains because of his blazing speed. What I will say is that Evans was suppose to be everything that Wallace is and THAT is the only comparison that I would make between the two.

Actually if you compare their first 3 years in the league, the numbers are VERY

No, let's not skew the picture with partial information. Look at the WHOLE body of work of each player since they have been in the NFL because that's where the difference of opinions come in at.

Actually if you compare their first 3 years in the league, the numbers are VERY close.

No, let's not skew the picture with partial information. Look at the WHOLE body of work of each player since they have been in the NFL because that's where the difference of opinions come in at.

Tipster, Wallace has only been in the league for 3 years.

His numbers and Lee Evans numbers over their first three years are nearly identical.

And that's all we have to go by.

You can't guarantee me that Wallace hasn't hit his peak and that the remainder of his career will go the way of Evans' or Peerless Price's.

Just like I can't guarantee you that he won't become a perennial Pro Bowler.

No one's skewing anything.

It's not just the hate on Tom Brady it is HATE TOM BRADY. Everything, his whiny gotta be my way attitude, his woah as me defeated pity, his dancing, his everything. The guy got a great contract from the Patriots and turns around and sues the owner after being the luckiest guy on Earth. Tom Brady is a fluke. A Pro Bowl QB gets knocked out of a game and nearly killed and comes in with an amazing defense, time to learn behind a great line and good coach with a better OC and QB coach, develops in to a good scheme QB and is now one of the best. I am all for Tom Brady may be among the best ever but I do not think he is a plug and play QB and if anyone denies he is anything but lucky then they're an idiot. Most backups in his position never get the chance to start that many games on a team and had the defense not been so good to win some of those games it would have gone to the the next guy in rotation of whoever was the Jeff Garcia at the time. By all means, Brady should have been just like Todd Collins or Kelly Holcumb.

I would say I appreciate Bradys talent yet, still despise him.

Tipster, Wallace has only been in the league for 3 years.

His numbers and Lee Evans numbers over their first three years are nearly identical.

And that's all we have to go by.

You can't guarantee me that Wallace hasn't hit his peak and that the remainder of his career will go the way of Evans' or Peerless Price's.

Just like I can't guarantee you that he won't become a perennial Pro Bowler.

No one's skewing anything.

It turns out time isn't cyclical, its linear and 2012. Evans earlier stats are fun to look at but worth the bubble gum that comes with his football card. If you pass up on game changer like Wallace (if the money was right) because of the ghost of Lee Evans, you've got it bad.

I would take Wallace for as high as a 2nd pick, but on a short, affordable contract only. But I have no idea what "short and affordable" would look like?

Think about it, what caliber of player would you draft at 2? I'll take a real All-Pro over a potential All-Pro any day; that is, at a fair (to player and team) and reasonably price?

I would take Wallace for as high as a 2nd pick, but on a short, affordable contract only. But I have no idea what "short and affordable" would look like?

Think about it, what caliber of player would you draft at 2? I'll take a real All-Pro over a potential All-Pro any day; that is, at a fair (to player and team) and reasonably price?

Wallace wouldn't agree to an offer sheet for a "short, affordable contract," which is why he's not getting dealt for ANY draft pick.

Wallace wouldn't agree to an offer sheet for a "short, affordable contract," which is why he's not getting dealt for ANY draft pick.

You are probable right, in the end I don't think he'll be traded anywhwere.

He's hardly a system QB. They've changed their offense to stay ahead of the proverbial curve for years now. From the conservative offense, to the spread with Moss, to w/o Moss, to an offense that dominates with a short slot guy and two freaking TEs. I give him props for making these adjustments. Peyton Manning's playbook didn't change for years, why isn't he a system guy?

And the comparison between Collins and Holcomb is ridiculous. As Bills fans, having lived through their playing days, we know this is blasphemy.

Go Bills.

He's hardly a system QB. They've changed their offense to stay ahead of the proverbial curve for years now. From the conservative offense, to the spread with Moss, to w/o Moss, to an offense that dominates with a short slot guy and two freaking TEs. I give him props for making these adjustments. Peyton Manning's playbook didn't change for years, why isn't he a system guy?

And the comparison between Collins and Holcomb is ridiculous. As Bills fans, having lived throughout their playing days, we know this is blasphemy.

Go Bills.

He is a scheme quarterback. His strength is going through his checks and getting the ball out quickly. He has shown before against average or better teams he cannot consistently drop back and be a full pocket QB. Whether it be the line or the QB Brady is not as multidirectional as people think. He has become very good at what he does, been very lucky for what he has been given and worked hard to remain a future HOF

Why not compare him to those guys? If any of them had a far superior defense then they'd have succeeded, as well. Look at Baltimore. They have a good defense and average QB. With just a good QB that team would have won last year. Sure Brady may be better then them but he is, admittedly arguably, 1 play away from a bench riding career.